Last round bolt hold open?

Hello, I am new to the site and i'm sure this topic has been beat to death. But I can't seem to find any info about an aftermarket LRBHO. Does any product exist for this? And if so, does it work? I've seen the s12's with the factory LRBHO but never an aftermarket installed one. Thanks in advance and look forward to talking with you guys in the forums!

Not sure if trolling--

on the off chance you are legit--

Cadiz and Gunfixer sell them. It is a complicated high risk self install for the $75 kit. or you can have them do it for whatever they charge. Several others including the guy whose name you seem to have parodied made ones that never made it to market.

http://forum.saiga-1...bolt-hold-open/

Some of the 2011 imports come with one from factory, but they are picky about magazines.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 2

Let me save you some time. GunFun's synopsis is quite correct.

There has never been one made that was robust or reliable enough for me to put on my personal weapon. That, like everything I post, is my opinion so don't bother flaming or arguing guys...I've seen them all come and go. There's a reason you don't hear about them.

Sorry, I can see it would be a common type of name to choose. LRBHO used to be pretty contentious around here because every one wanted one. half the regulars promised to make one and said everyone else's weren't as good, and generally made time promises they couldn't keep.

People just got tired of the cycle. I would love one, but it is more of a want than a need. I think saiga should be selling them and a removable magwell on every new gun, or they will start losing market share.

Check out Gunfixer's too. I don't know which one is better, but I would definitely like to compare. In either case, this is something worth having the maker install.

I have the Cadiz one installed on my s12. I will admit that the first one Tom installed real early on didn't hold up and this one doesn't have thousands of rounds on it either (which my s12 does) but it is fun while it lasts and if it gives up the ghost that is fine the gun will still function like it did before the install. Anyway I look forward to going shooting with GunFun tomorrow and showing off my s12 build.

Funny you mention it. That (guy) just posted a new video of his LRBHO today on you-tube.

Do you mean the guy who has the UK accent?

I don't get why someone like Arsenal or even IZhmash doesn't by the rights to one. It would be a major selling point, and the only reason not to want a solid reliable LRBHO is purist nostalgia. It is pure functional improvement.

I am looking forward to trying it out too. It could make for a fast setup.

Edited by GunFun

Funny you mention it. That (guy) just posted a new video of his LRBHO today on you-tube.

Do you mean the guy who has the UK accent?

I don't get why someone like Arsenal or even IZhmash doesn't by the rights to one. It would be a major selling point, and the only reason not to want a solid reliable LRBHO is purist nostalgia. It is pure functional improvement.

I am looking forward to trying it out too. It could make for a fast setup.

My feelings exactly. In fact, I'm going to "borrow" your phrase in future discussions.

IMHO the GunFixr LRBHO is 100% reliable and the best option currently available. Here is my review http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/72016-gunfixr-lrbho-modification-first-range-report/page__fromsearch__1

On my last range tip I combined it with a AutoPlug and now it shoots the cheapest Wally World low brass 100% reliably. Just make sure your gun is not under gassed before you send it off for the GunFixr mod.

The one I made and have been using in both my main go to S-12s, is more robust and requires less modification to the gun, than ANY of the other ones that actually made it to market. It works just as well today as it did 6 years ago. I had every intention of bringing it to market and selling it here on the forum. I did not make any promises on a release date, which is one reason the subject became such a sore one with people here. I refuse to take people's money on pre-orders, to be able to fund production. Others have made that mistake here and had to listen to all the whining and crying from those who put their money down, but then were not patient enough to sit on their hands and wait for the design and production to come full circle. If I had the money to produce the parts commercially, it would have already been done years ago. One day I hope I will, but until then I'm doomed to listen to people go around saying, or implying that I let everyone down. Honestly I got pretty sick of the "vaporware" smack being talked about me when all I was doing was trying to bring something that everyone wanted. Not a real good way to motivate someone to do something you want... make them feel bad about not doing it fast enough....

Whatever.... I'm happy that my own guns have 100% reliable auto LRBHOs in them. I do actually have a couple of companies interested in helping produce it now, it's just finding the time and motivation to pick it back up again. Maybe 2012...

• Like 5

The one I made and have been using in both my main go to S-12s, is more robust and requires less modification to the gun, than ANY of the other ones that actually made it to market. It works just as well today as it did 6 years ago. I had every intention of bringing it to market and selling it here on the forum. I did not make any promises on a release date, which is one reason the subject became such a sore one with people here. I refuse to take people's money on pre-orders, to be able to fund production. Others have made that mistake here and had to listen to all the whining and crying from those who put their money down, but then were not patient enough to sit on their hands and wait for the design and production to come full circle. If I had the money to produce the parts commercially, it would have already been done years ago. One day I hope I will, but until then I'm doomed to listen to people go around saying, or implying that I let everyone down. Honestly I got pretty sick of the "vaporware" smack being talked about me when all I was doing was trying to bring something that everyone wanted. Not a real good way to motivate someone to do something you want... make them feel bad about not doing it fast enough....

Whatever.... I'm happy that my own guns have 100% reliable auto LRBHOs in them. I do actually have a couple of companies interested in helping produce it now, it's just finding the time and motivation to pick it back up again. Maybe 2012...

Cobra,

Put up or shut up.... naaaa.gif

I can't really talk shit. I have been sitting on a few things too, but need to get with a patent lawyer when business settles down a little and stop buying shit so I can pay him, lol! They aren't LRBHO or DS mag. That should narrow it down a bit....

Cobra-- I am sure yours are great, and I respect the no pre-order policy. I don't fault you for not selling them, but I don't see the point of getting on every thread that discusses some that are available and saying in effect ' don't buy that one- mine's better, but you can't have it.' It's the drama people got tired of, not businessmen making reasonable choices not to sell a product they would lose money on.

Someday, I might have the cash for one, and I will consider everything available at the time including yours if it is available. If your's is better why not make them one at a time and sell them for say $200 per each, with you doing the install. It would cement your reputation. The Cadiz one looks kind of spindly and requires a lot of tweaking for the home installers, if yours looked substantially better, I bet there are a handful who would pay even $250 for you to install one. I know people are happy with your work. Those few you feel like doing a hand fit for would be good advertising for when you are able to sell a cheaper mass produced version. I don't fault you for choosing not to do this, but I think it would be more helpful for you in the PR dept.

• Like 1

I've never told anyone, or even implied that they not buy the other guy's products. Do whatever you want to do with your money. I will not sit back though, and see thread after thread mention me by name, or my so called vaporware, and not speak up to defend myself. Get used to it. PR may not be my strong point, but my work can stand on it's on. If you think it's a wise business move to take something you have worked your ass off designing and perfecting, and sell them one at a time for anyone to take to their buddy's CNC shop and copy..... maybe you should try that. Me, I would rather wait until I can put several hundred on the market at one time.

• Like 1

I've never told anyone, or even implied that they not buy the other guy's products. Do whatever you want to do with your money. I will not sit back though, and see thread after thread mention me by name, or my so called vaporware, and not speak up to defend myself. Get used to it. PR may not be my strong point, but my work can stand on it's on. If you think it's a wise business move to take something you have worked your ass off designing and perfecting, and sell them one at a time for anyone to take to their buddy's CNC shop and copy..... maybe you should try that. Me, I would rather wait until I can put several hundred on the market at one time.

No, you'd rather tease us, lol! You know you enjoy it.

I can't really talk shit. I have been sitting on a few things too, but need to get with a patent lawyer when business settles down a little and stop buying shit so I can pay him, lol! They aren't LRBHO or DS mag. That should narrow it down a bit....

Well if is not a LRBHO or some DS mags,Then it must be the 100rd S-12 drum or the belt fed S-12 you sent me pics of last week....

I think this is how rumors get started haha.gif

Edited by SCHULTZE