Saiga 12 rare new york conversion questions

I live in new york and am limited on what I can do to a saiga 12. I am thinking about purchasing one but have a few questions first. I want to make it 922r compliant so I can use 10 round magazines. I know the trigger group is 3 parts and I need 5. The stock I want to use is not us made and I can not have a pistol grip. so thats 2 parts I can't use. I know I can get a gas piston that I think will count as another part so thats 4. I would like to keep the stock hand guard. Is there any other part that I can use to make it compliant? beside the hand guard? Thanks.

Does it have a threaded barrel? Should have I think. A muzzle device should just thread on. Also you can swap out the gas puck for a US one and it's a cheap 922r part. Take the selector plug out slide out the factory puck install a US puck. MD arms and CSS seem to be the favorites.US trigger group and the gas puck and the gun is compliant with out a mag. You were looking at Nail Bombs quad rails I'm not positive if a quad rail counts as a hand guard/foerarm. It should as it replaces one but I think his are Chaos and they are made in the USA. US hand guard/forearms are a compliance part.

Flash hider/ brake would mean I would have to take it to a gunsmith but thanks. Magazine's yeah I guess that will work thank you.

No. There are no NY rules about muzzle devices on shotguns. It does not need to be permanently attached. You can just thread it on.

• Like 1

Flash hider/ brake would mean I would have to take it to a gunsmith but thanks. Magazine's yeah I guess that will work thank you.

No. There are no NY rules about muzzle devices on shotguns. It does not need to be permanently attached. You can just thread it on.

^^^ Correct.

Muzzle devices are evil features on rifles, not shotguns.

Also, on a shotgun you can have a bayonet lug if you so wish, again not a evil feature on a shotgun.

I would recommend a choke, and gas puck. for your final 922r parts.

Chaos Quad rails are US made and are a 922r compliant part.