Purpose built zombie gun (your thoughts)

I have read about several purpose built guns (slug slingers, turkey guns, competition guns)

so my question is has anyone built a zombie gun? and if you were going to build one what would you include?

Would you make it light weight, reliable, and have a small survival kit in the pistol grip or butt stock?

Would you focus more on making it a longer range gun versus short/medium?

This is hypothetical and just for fun, but ultimately such a build could be a great SHTF/Survival gun.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL! Yeah SCHULTZE beat me to it. Gotta have a chainsaw bayonet on a Zombie Cannon right? Heheheh!      

True, but when you have an old Ford, over 100 gallons of gas and you live on the outskirts, you can get the hell out of dodge. Once out in the middle of nowhere, which is literally like 20 miles away

For me, a zombie isn't a person or a thing. It's a state of mind. It encompasses everything you really fear deep down......past, present, and future. Things you don't want to name individually because

Posted Images

I was thinking that if you were making a zombie build it might be less conventional. For instance you would normally not put a bayonet on a shotgun, but for a zombie build you might.

(i do have a MD20 and i love it :) )

Edited by Salt

Yeah, a bayo (or any less-than-practical accessory that could hypothetically help kill something) is probably part of a zombie build. Somebody in one of the rifle subforums made a short, katana-style bayonet that would probably fit.

Edit: About half way down the page, THE VILLIAN's build: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/14900-this-is-the-tacked-308-picture-thread/page__hl__%20ninja%20%20bayonet__st__570

Edited by Jackalope

FUCK the bayonet!!! I will look for the pic but someone already put a chainsaw on the front of a shotgun.

Of course I should of known Cobra would have something to do with it. Hey where is my Izzy sweatshirt????

post-21226-0-22458800-1323407808.jpg

post-21226-0-94363200-1323407681.png

How about a new chain S.A.W.

post-21226-0-79684700-1323407756.jpg

Edited by SCHULTZE
  • Like 1

What would I arm myself with if faced with a horde of zombies?

I guess I'd take two S12's .. pull the furniture off and make a "bracket" of sorts that mounts each gun upside down (drums facing up). I'd get a chainsaw style handle up front, and fashion a hand crank and cam to alternately fire each gun placed at the rear. Get a good, wide strap tacked on to it to help provide support.

A poor man's "Painless" (mini-gun from Predator) if you will.

Take some cues from this guy. http://artofmanlines...rvival-shotgun/

Its not just about firepower, its about staying alive long enough to make it to the shootout.

Well aint that something, and rest is cool as well. Thanks

LOL! Yeah SCHULTZE beat me to it. Gotta have a chainsaw bayonet on a Zombie Cannon right? Heheheh!

post-1293-0-80056800-1323468615_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-63683200-1323468637_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-36939100-1323469633_thumb.jpg

Yall got WAY TO MUCH TIME, but iis cool as hell, Ilikey!!!!

I would be more interested in taking crap off then adding it on. The tiniest SBS with a compensator, side folder and a magwell would be my pick. Something that you could swing through doorways and carry all day without getting tired. It would also have a left side charge handle for speed. So basically a souped up S-17.

Oh, and since it's the end of the world, select fire with a 3 shot burst kit.

That and a stripped down .22 because I could carry a ton of ammo.

I own a katana, and I would rather have a western sword anyday, they get a lot of hype from people who haven't used swords. I think my machete would be better for this application. That or the arbor knife. I don't see the point of ruining the handling of either by hooking it on my gun though.

Meh, I'll take my home-made machetes that I'm building. 1/4" thick stainless steel and unlike anything you've ever seen. Sure, I'll rock the S-12 but it sure is a noisy bastard, I'd rather go stealth with the machetes, tomahawks, and cross-bow...

Insert obligatory pictures of said machete

In regards to the stealth attitude, that is why many people believe you should have a minimum number of bullets equivalent or greater than the population of your major metropolan area.

Live where theres a lot of people? Get hoarding.

That quiet thing only works for so long, this is about preparing for the worst.

+1 on something with a silencer!!! But when you can't be quiet, or if you're up high enough to be safe, a Tromix SBS with an MD20 drum or three would be nice. Full auto Tantal or Bulgy 74 with plenty of ammo and 45 round mags would be nice too. Or a Galil with an AR mag adaptor and a few Beta C mags. Kimber or Para .45 with a silencer for up close.

That chainsaw is absolutely freaking ridiculous, and I want one so bad now!!!!!!!!!!!!

True, but when you have an old Ford, over 100 gallons of gas and you live on the outskirts, you can get the hell out of dodge. Once out in the middle of nowhere, which is literally like 20 miles away, you protect your position by staying quiet and not showing light at night. Let everyone in town do their thing, by the time anyone gets out to us, they'd have to really orchestrate an attack to overwhelm us.

• Like 2

It's fun to think about and everything, but does anyone actually think that zombies are even a remote posibility? I'm starting to think people are serious about getting "zombie weapons" and preparing for a zombie apocalypse. Just wondering!

More like everyone goes crazy and attacks people. I would like to have an S12 but a .22 would be a wiser choice.

You would probably be better off with a high capacity small caliber semi auto rifle.

I'd save the shotgun for hunting birds, breaching doors, and cracking engine blocks.

Maybe look at a P90 and the FN Five-seven or Kel-tec PMR 30 pistol, and a 22 mag carbine, maybe a AK74.

I'd be concerned with the amount of ammo I could carry on a daily basis while walking or riding a bike every where I need to go.

Additionally a small bore rifle is more easily suppressed then a shotgun.

Main thing is to survive the panic and the irrational behavior that follows(looting, riots, general break down of law and order). After the initial die off ( killed by the event and social break down) and the secondary die off ( people dying from lack of sanitation, medical support or starvation), you just need to start finding necessities and have enough fire power to break contact any time you run into trouble. Survival is very different then assaulting or defending a position. Since zombies (theoretically) will simple follow you all need to do is funnel them or slow them down while using a rolling defense to ensure you don't get swarmed, or get pinned downed. Other option is to bait them into traps and wipe groups of them out but that requires more preparation, organization and resources. Head shots aren't the easiest shots, be better off shooting for the groin and hips to disable them and then finishing them off at your convenience with a melee weapon like a short spear or hatchet.

Edited by Rusty truck