Purpose built zombie gun (your thoughts)

tweekers are like zombies

Right on the money there. The tweekers and derelicts walking the streets of Denver remind me a lot of zombies. Hell they even sound and dress the same.

Edited by defequisimo
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL! Yeah SCHULTZE beat me to it. Gotta have a chainsaw bayonet on a Zombie Cannon right? Heheheh!      

True, but when you have an old Ford, over 100 gallons of gas and you live on the outskirts, you can get the hell out of dodge. Once out in the middle of nowhere, which is literally like 20 miles away

For me, a zombie isn't a person or a thing. It's a state of mind. It encompasses everything you really fear deep down......past, present, and future. Things you don't want to name individually because

Posted Images

Zombies= 1,2,3 or more intrudes into you home.

Zombies= 1 or a gang wanting your car.

Zombies= any of a number of things that are threatening your life, or loved ones.

As far as what to use, you choose, mine is what I have at the time, bare hands as last ditch effort!!!

It's fun to think about and everything, but does anyone actually think that zombies are even a remote posibility? I'm starting to think people are serious about getting "zombie weapons" and preparing for a zombie apocalypse. Just wondering!

You DO realize we're in the end of days, right? :)

Nah, I use a zombie apocalypse more as mental exercise. I figure if I try to prepare for the absolute worst case imaginable, then I have a shot at being prepared for whatever does happen.

That and I like weapons.

Just bought a another 300rd case of belted .308 on 1919 links.. don't have a Browning 1919, yet.. but there is one in my future.

• Like 1

http://www.cdcfoundation.org/zombies even the CDC likes to pretend, they even made a zombie comic book.

I too like to think of it as a exercise in staying prepared for disasters. in other news I found some cool zombie bling for AR's, brownell sells some etched dustcovers, uppers, and lowers.

@Cobra -your chainsaw bayonet is made of pure win

Edited by Salt

It's fun to think about and everything, but does anyone actually think that zombies are even a remote posibility? I'm starting to think people are serious about getting "zombie weapons" and preparing for a zombie apocalypse. Just wondering!

Blasphemer nonono.gif

Walking dead, not likely. Super mutated rabies virus ragers, possible. But, as someone else mentioned, these are the end times, who knows, maybe hell is about to overflow and the dead will walk the earth.

lol sorry to be such a doubter I'm just trying to see if people do this because they actually believe it's possible that the dead will be walking the earth, or if it's all just fun to imagine/prepare for something like that. A friend of mine was on a different gun forum and compared the zombie preparedness to dungeons and dragons for weapons owners.

I think it's much more realistic to SHTF prepare, but I guess you never know!

Salt - the CDC put the zombie stuff up there for a joke/publicity.. it's not serious :)

I think It is a real posibility for shit to hit the fan. The chemical weapons and bio weapons could make it a crazy world. There could easly be a outbreak of panic and desperate people. Maby not walking dead but infected and desperate. How far would you go to not get infected with some shit?

Meh, I'll take my home-made machetes that I'm building. 1/4" thick stainless steel and unlike anything you've ever seen. Sure, I'll rock the S-12 but it sure is a noisy bastard, I'd rather go stealth with the machetes, tomahawks, and cross-bow...

Insert obligatory pictures of said machete

I'm still working on them, but I will post up when I get done.

A good 1022 plenty of loaded mags. A few 50 round drums. Low power scope. A .22 to the brain will stop a zombie. Also silencer for it that can also attach to you ruger .22 pistol.

Correction, a .22 to the brain-stem will stop a zombie...

Yea for the weight of an md20 alone you could carry a couple thousand .22 rounds.

Yea but a guy with a silenced .22 "old mans" gun shooting zombies in the head with seemingly no effect other than they drop just isn't as cool as someone blowing heads clean off with a 20lb shotgun with a chainsaw and survival kit attached.

• Like 1

actually someone on ARF said it really well but I cant remember it exactly.

"Its allot easier to ask what the best round to pop off a zombies head compared to asking that same scenario for a person."

it seems less morbid :)

MAd cow disease and other biological things that can cause nervous system issues could put those who have fallen victim to it in a "zombie-like" state. No telling what kind of things the Muslim brotherhood has access to now. Biological agents, etc..

I think the Z12 would need to run off of whatever ammo one can stumble up on wink.png (check that off of my list) Also, I see visions of myself patrolling with a RadioFlyer wagon full of loaded MD-20s attached to my belt via QD mechanism.... and meeting the hoardes head on.

Seriously, I will be "holed up" for a while let other entities die off and kill oneanother for a while.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Have you ever heard a 1022 with a good can and subs? The impact is much louder than the weapon. Sames true for a ruger pistol in .22.

Have you ever heard a 1022 with a good can and subs? The impact is much louder than the weapon. Sames true for a ruger pistol in .22.

• Like 1

Why is everyone calling a Suppressor a Silencer? A Suppressor supresses flash and noise. A Silencer is what James Bond uses.

+1... Shot my buddies suppressed Walther P22 and it is silent.. You hear the gun action and the round strike the target, but that's it.. It'll give you a woody every time.. haha.. He also has an HK .45 with a suppressor. Love range trips with him.. haha

Zombie... any mindless mass of human flesh capable of movement on its own, typically driven by some base need for XXXX which it persues relentlessly unto death.

The specific Zombie that comes to mind when we have these discussions, at least comes to MY mind, as follows...

Imagine if you will, Someone ... Al Quida for example... finally getting their hands on backpack nukes... bio weapons, dirty bombs.... whatever... Dressing Hakmed the suicide bomber in a sombraro....droping him off in Mexico where he buys passage to US thru the mexican tunnel systems... pops out and hooks up with his sleeper cell buddies who drive him to the middle of the closest large town... Pheonix, Austin/Huston, San Dieago.... Hakmed pulls an AHLALALLALA and BOOM!

now... Hakmed's little bomb won't effect me a bit most likely... BUT... the million or so people who will mass exit the city.. radation poisioned, carrying god knows what virus, rotting from chem weapon dirty bomb exposure.... shuffeling away from the blast, too stupid to understand they are already dead... moveing like a sea of bodies north....to the illusion of safty and away from the blast area....

2 to 3 days of mindless travel on foot, sick, dieing, one thought in their heads.... continue moveing north... as starvation, dehydration sets in on the mob... they start to pillage homes as they pass, looking for food, medical supplies, brains.... you name it...they'll eat your dogs, slaughter your livestock in the fields, invade your home and kill you and your family over a bottle of asprin and a can of beans....

Do I believe in Zombies.... you bet your ass...

Why is everyone calling a Suppressor a Silencer? A Suppressor supresses flash and noise. A Silencer is what James Bond uses.

If everyone knows what everyone is talking about does it really matter? Have you ever heard the term "silencer" and NOT known immediately what was being referred to? If everyone stopped saying "silencer" and only said "suppressor", would our lives really be so much better? By the way, James Bond doesn't use a silencer because there really is no James Bond. But I knew what you meant, so I didn't make a big deal out of it. wink.png

• Like 1

Zombie... any mindless mass of human flesh capable of movement on its own, typically driven by some base need for XXXX which it persues relentlessly unto death.

The specific Zombie that comes to mind when we have these discussions, at least comes to MY mind, as follows...

Imagine if you will, Someone ... Al Quida for example... finally getting their hands on backpack nukes... bio weapons, dirty bombs.... whatever... Dressing Hakmed the suicide bomber in a sombraro....droping him off in Mexico where he buys passage to US thru the mexican tunnel systems... pops out and hooks up with his sleeper cell buddies who drive him to the middle of the closest large town... Pheonix, Austin/Huston, San Dieago.... Hakmed pulls an AHLALALLALA and BOOM!

now... Hakmed's little bomb won't effect me a bit most likely... BUT... the million or so people who will mass exit the city.. radation poisioned, carrying god knows what virus, rotting from chem weapon dirty bomb exposure.... shuffeling away from the blast, too stupid to understand they are already dead... moveing like a sea of bodies north....to the illusion of safty and away from the blast area....

2 to 3 days of mindless travel on foot, sick, dieing, one thought in their heads.... continue moveing north... as starvation, dehydration sets in on the mob... they start to pillage homes as they pass, looking for food, medical supplies, brains.... you name it...they'll eat your dogs, slaughter your livestock in the fields, invade your home and kill you and your family over a bottle of asprin and a can of beans....

Do I believe in Zombies.... you bet your ass...

Good example of something that could very well happen. I don't want be near any mayor city when the poo hits the wall and the panicked masses start fleeing into the country side. I've been around a few minor disasters and it was the locals not the gov that held things together. I they isn't any one there to keep thing peaceful by reason or by force an injured mob can be a very dangerous thing

For me, a zombie isn't a person or a thing. It's a state of mind. It encompasses everything you really fear deep down......past, present, and future. Things you don't want to name individually because you don't want to talk about them or even acknowledge them. It's a word substitution for anything that scares the living shit out of you. The name is just comical enough to not show fear to others when you say it, but though there might be a little chuckle just for show nobody is really laughing, because when you say "Zombie" their mind sees what that word represents to them and there's nothing funny about it. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I hear a noise outside. unsure.png

• Like 2

I think I believed in zombies more before reading this thread ;)

Dogman, are you saying wearwolves and vampires? I just think people want to believe that there's a small chance that zombies could exist and are coming up with some off the wall ways that they 'could' be a problem (mad cow disease, rabies, nuclear terrorist attack, etc..).

This isn't meant as a bash, so hopefully nobody takes it that way.. but there's a lot of talk on the forum about being prepared for bad situations and spending your extra money on ammo, medical kits, reloading equipment, food/canning/MRE's, ideal vehicles for SHTF or zombies, etc. I've often thought about how much earlier I (or anyone else) could retire if we took all that money we used for preparing for things that are very unlikely to happen and put it in a high yield savings account or CD. Those gun/ammo purchases add up quickly!

I'm sure a lot of people will argue that a SHTF situation is right around the corner, or that a zombie apocalypse is likely due to the radiation given off by cell phones and microwaves..

Just to negate my entire arguement,I too have extra food/water/ammo/medical supplies stashed away for emergencies. I see a natural disaster being a realistic issue though. (Flooding, earthquake, hurricane, tornado, etc..)

I think we all love having "stuff" man stuff, military stuff. It makes us feel manly, or smarter than everybody or larger in the pants or whatever. Making up reasons to buy more stuff makes us feel better about spending thousands and I'm sure some wouldn't mind zombies just to prove that they can use their stuff. But like Ive already said best zombie gun is a 10-22 pack full of loaded mags and a few thousand rounds. And for the supressor silencer thing when I say supressor I feel like a wannabe military spec ops guy so I say it's the legal term to those wannabe spec ops guys that look at me like I'm stupid and make it a point to keep saying supressor even after I've stumped them witg questions( that would be my local dealer I'm talking about)

I think I believed in zombies more before reading this thread wink.png

Dogman, are you saying wearwolves and vampires? I just think people want to believe that there's a small chance that zombies could exist and are coming up with some off the wall ways that they 'could' be a problem (mad cow disease, rabies, nuclear terrorist attack, etc..).

This isn't meant as a bash, so hopefully nobody takes it that way.. but there's a lot of talk on the forum about being prepared for bad situations and spending your extra money on ammo, medical kits, reloading equipment, food/canning/MRE's, ideal vehicles for SHTF or zombies, etc. I've often thought about how much earlier I (or anyone else) could retire if we took all that money we used for preparing for things that are very unlikely to happen and put it in a high yield savings account or CD. Those gun/ammo purchases add up quickly!

I'm sure a lot of people will argue that a SHTF situation is right around the corner, or that a zombie apocalypse is likely due to the radiation given off by cell phones and microwaves..

Just to negate my entire arguement,I too have extra food/water/ammo/medical supplies stashed away for emergencies. I see a natural disaster being a realistic issue though. (Flooding, earthquake, hurricane, tornado, etc..)

First of all, if you're going to seriously invest money, stay the holy hell away from "high-yield savings accounts" and certificates of depression. You're looking at a gain of what? 3%??? The average yearly inflation rate is 4%, sounds like losing money to me. You'd want to invest in mutual funds with good histories, nothing younger than 10 years old. You want to divide up your money into the world market, the U.S. market, money market accounts and the like. The most important thing is to LEAVE IT ALONE once it's in said accounts, Rome wasn't built in a day. This is how we got an 11% return last year on our money, now I realize that 11% is kinda low compared to other years but hey, we did a LOT better that almost everyone else.