Chemlight type tracer 12 ga ammo. Anybody use it?

Just wondering it anybody has played with the chemlight glow stick tracers yet. They look like fun. I doubt they will cycle anything but it would still be fun in a pump. Might even help me with aim a little if that canister can fly true. I checked into them when they first came out with the canned heat line that fiochi makes. The cost was a bit high so I was waiting to hear some results from other shooters who have tested them. Thanks for your input!

Nick

Why do you need a tracer round in a 12 gauge?

Improving my shooting skills. And, it wont burn down the range. Signaling in the back country.. etc. All sorts of good uses I can think of. Have you ever played with chem lights? :)

looking at the footage here, it looks like you might be able to cycle a bolt if tuned in just right?

IDK about in a shotshell, but it's pretty wild to cut the tops off of about half a dozen or more of the larger sized glo stix, and load em on top of a wad of wet paper towels in the ol tater cannon! Makes a pretty impressive glowing cloud at first, followed by "glow rain" down on the whole area...lol!

027.gif

• Like 2

I don't see much point for a chem light in a shell. Maybe useful for marking things at night? but I don't know how long those shells would glow, a normal chem light will last 6+ hours if I remember right.

They make one type that is high intensity light that lasts for 30 minutes. We used to use Infrared ones for marking stuff as well.

IDK about in a shotshell, but it's pretty wild to cut the tops off of about half a dozen or more of the larger sized glo stix, and load em on top of a wad of wet paper towels in the ol tater cannon! Makes a pretty impressive glowing cloud at first, followed by "glow rain" down on the whole area...lol!

027.gif

now I want to build a new tater cannon. That sounds cool. I havent played with one since highschool.

• Like 1