A couple upgrades to my S308

Out with the 300m sight in with a more realistic 1000m sight. The range I shoot at has 200, 300, 400 & 500 iron targets set up so now I can aim at them instead of guessing as I was with the 300m sight.

DSC_0074.jpg

Out with the old safety, in with a Krebs safety. The bolt hold open feature is something I like for additional cooling and when walking around the range a bolt open or flag is required, so this takes care of that. The Krebs has a built in "shelf or lip" (above the trigger) that allows you to manipulate the safety on and off while maintaining a firing grip on the pistol grip. Finger comes off the trigger and pushes up on "lip" to place weapon on safe without having to release your grip.

DSC_0076.jpg

Out with the old single stage trigger, in with a new Arsenal 2 stage trigger. Now I can tell exactly when the trigger will release because of the 2nd stage. Gun is more accurate and predictable now.

If it makes the the rifle more user friendly to you, it's all good. I'll probably end up modifying my own safety and I did a G2 double hook trigger set up to eliminate over travel. A bit of polishing and it works great. I have no need for 1000 meter sights but they do look better.