S308 Battlecomp awesomeness

I promised I would report the results of the Battlecomp BABC muzzle brake on my Saiga 308. Just got back from the range, and I couldn't be more pleased.

I had a friend's S308 with me for comparison. His is the 16.3" barrel version, without any muzzle attachment; mine was cut-down to 17.8 plus, of, course, the Battlecomp. So not a perfect comparison. Take it for what it's worth.

The muzzle barely rises on the rifle with the Battlecomp, whereas it jumps quite violently on his rifle. I remember that the muzzle would jump a lot too before I had mine cut down. So a clear win there. My friend's comment was that the muzzle rise on my rifle was no worse than his AK47 with 74 style brake, which we were also shooting.

The 16 inch Saiga emitted a huge daytime fireball. You could see flame in the Battlecomp (looking from the side at the device), but it was not even close to the flame coming from the AK47 with 74 brake.

The Battlecomp adds to the blast and sound, but it was quite manageable; nowhere near as bad as the PTR91 with FSC30 that I was next to at the range a few weeks ago.

The BABC is expensive, but after today, I'm more than satisfied with the purchase.

IMG_3508.jpg

Edited by Jim Digriz

Yup, battlecomps are big time performers with a price tag. I was told the material they are made of and the high detail in the number of ports that a cutting bit only last long enough to make three of them before they have to replace the bit. But at a cost of about $170 - $200 for a S308 is a bit much for me to shell out.

Yup, battlecomps are big time performers with a price tag. I was told the material they are made of and the high detail in the number of ports that a cutting bit only last long enough to make three of them before they have to replace the bit. But at a cost of about $170 - $200 for a S308 is a bit much for me to shell out.

I have to agree 100%.

Glad that you're happy with it though.