California Senior Citizen Defends Self, Kills Intruder.

California senior citizen defends herself/home with a firearm, shoots intruder multiple times and finally kills the home invading bastard.

Man tries multiple times to enter thru window, disregarding multiple shots fired... Look at his picture, what a freaked out, druggie looking SOB.

Listen to lady's voice, she goes through a roller coaster of fear and determination, highs & lows, she did very well, she did the right thing.

I would love to meet her, encourage her and give her a hug.

At one point the 911 dispatcher asks her not to fire, please understand it was not in defense of the criminal or in her not wanting the victim to defend herself, it was out of fear for the safety of LEOs possibly on the scene/arriving on the scene.

Thankfully the victim did the right thing and continued to defend herself.

Contrary to the Brady Bunch's & other anti-gun/anti self defense bullshit...

She maintained control of herself.

Didn't have her weapon taken away and used against her.

Didn't just injure and further piss off the criminal by shooting him.

Didn't have the injured and pissed of criminal kill her.

Didn't get better results from oven spray or pepper spray.

Didn't shoot herself, the cops or her neighbors and/or their children.

http://abcnews.go.co...ZQHQug.facebook

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

"Oh God, I hope it's nobody I know" 021.gif Yeah, I know it's not supposed to be funny, but that line really cracked me up. And I agree that the dispatcher has no business telling that woman who is in a life and death situation NOT to shoot because there are officers "in the area". Excuse me, but there's.also a crazy wounded criminal who's umm.... "in the area". Yeah, nevermind that guy who's two steps from plunging a knife into your neck, we're not comfortable with the remote possibility that one of your stray bullets hurt one of our officers. WTF.

Edited by DogMan

It's pretty sad to say but that woman will still need a lawyer. She could have wrongful death charges filed against her becasue this state is so ass backwards. I had a freind who shot some douche bag who had leveled an AR15 at him and 2 other coworkers after the guy already shot the place up.(rental shooting range) My freind drew and fired 4 shots hitting the guy 2 times. The perp got 48 years in prison but won 5K do to his injuries.

Thank god she killed him and I hope the DA up there can see that she had to eliminate the threat. He made the choice to enter her home, she did the right thing by refusing to be a victim.

It's pretty sad to say but that woman will still need a lawyer. She could have wrongful death charges filed against her becasue this state is so ass backwards. I had a freind who shot some douche bag who had leveled an AR15 at him and 2 other coworkers after the guy already shot the place up.(rental shooting range) My freind drew and fired 4 shots hitting the guy 2 times. The perp got 48 years in prison but won 5K do to his injuries.

Thank god she killed him and I hope the DA up there can see that she had to eliminate the threat. He made the choice to enter her home, she did the right thing by refusing to be a victim.

If there is a lawsuit, the fact that the dispatcher told her not to shoot isn't going to help her either. The lawyer for the dirtbag's family will have a feild day with that one. He'll argue that the woman was told the police were there and had the situation under control, when in fact that was not true yet. However, the winner is always the one who stays alive to face the legal system. And I'll bet she is not too worried that she may not see her gun for a while, either.

If there is a lawsuit, the fact that the dispatcher told her not to shoot isn't going to help her either. The lawyer for the dirtbag's family will have a feild day with that one. He'll argue that the woman was told the police were there and had the situation under control, when in fact that was not true yet. However, the winner is always the one who stays alive to face the legal system. And I'll bet she is not too worried that she may not see her gun for a while, either.

My buddy didn't get his Glock 30 back for 3 years, then he sold it. It's pretty fucking sad to think that a dirtbag has every right while the guy busting his ass being a good citizen gets the screws every fucking time. Meanwhile the state of CA has to release close to 50,000 felons becasue their "rights" have been violated do to overcrowding in the prison system. I'm afraid we'll see many more tales of grandmas having to smoke bad guys to save their own lives. Better that then grandma was raped and murdered though.

Yeah I was always under the impression that in such a situation it was good to be on the phone with 911 so you have proof of the threat. Now I think it may be best not to call until after the threat is neutralized. That leave no story but your own and that will be hard for someone to refute.

Before charges can be filed it has to go to a grand jury. What we need is more reasonable people to vote not to pursue charges when on the grand jury. The prosecutor can do nothing after the GJ votes not to indite. It is in our hands. Civil suite is a whole different ball game.

Edited by Buford T Justice

Crime ‘Very Afraid’: 66-Year-Old Woman Shoots and Kills Home Intruder

Snapz-Pro-XScreenSnapz0127-620x337.jpg

An elderly Northern California-woman woke early Friday morning to hear an intruder attempting to break into her home. CBS 12 reports that the 66-year-old Donna Hopper is still shaken after shooting the 37-year-old intruder dead:

“The 66-year-old Donna Hopper was visibly upset when Action News spoke with her outside her home this morning.

She did not want to talk on camera but says even though she does not know that man, she feels horrible that someone died at her hands.”

Hopper says she was terrified when she heard the intruder at her her door, firing two warning shots through her window to scare the man away. When 37-year-old Jesse Edward Theis persisted, attempting to come back in, Hopper fired a fatal shot in his abdomen, killing Theis on the scene.

Snapz-Pro-XScreenSnapz0116.jpg

Hopper told CBS 12 that she never wanted to hurt anyone, and that she was just acting on instinct.

The Record Searchlight of Redding, CA, where the crime took place, writes that prosecutors say Hopper’s actions were justified:

“‘He meant her lethal harm,’ Shasta County Chief Deputy District Attorney Josh Lowery said. An official determination won‘t be made until the DA’s office has a chance to review police and autopsy reports, Lowery said. An autopsy will likely be performed Monday.

Local officials say the shooting is yet another example of how inmates at the continually full Shasta County jail are being released early and going out and committing more crime, sometimes within hours of their release.”

The Searchlight reports that Theis had been released from jail the morning before the shooting took place.

Hopper’s chilling description of the events on CBS News with the 9-1-1 dispatcher who was on the line with her during the ordeal:

Edited by ChileRelleno