Need help finding a stock

Budget is $200

Im looking for a rock solid stock, I have tried the cheap collapsible stocks with little luck as the notches where it locks in would deform from recoil. The Saiga is such a solid platform I want a stock that will hold up. I run side mounted optics so a folder to the left is out, I really want to stay away from any plastic. I would like a folder just for transportation reasons. Any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps this is the one.

http://www.k-var.com...&cat=251&page=1

OP stated that a left side folder was out of the question due to optics side mount. rolleyes.gif

So stay away from the cheap plastic, collapsible tubes, buy either the VLTOR or EMA/CAA and then put a quality stock on it.

Both of these well regarded aluminum tubes have thousands of rounds through them with no deformation of the detents.

I use the VLTOR tube with a VLTOR Emod stock and the EMA/CAA tube with a MagPul MOE stock.

My review of these tubes, http://forum.saiga-1...apters-for-aks/

These can be mounted on folding receiver blocks... I've no recommendation for a right folding receiver block.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Another option would be an ace block and folder set up to the right side. You have to mount the stock a little lower than normal to clear the charging handle but it works.

He wouldn't even need that. When I was screwing around with the folding wood stock project, it seemed like a 5 degree spacer was more than sufficient to keep all the stocks I own (in this case including Ace and DPH stocks as well) below the travel of the bolt handle. So long as the spacer is between the stock and the hinge, it should work without needing to move the stock itself vertically.

I dont really intend to ever fire it with the stock folded as it is the long barrel, I just wanted the stock to be able to lock into place when folded....so left folders are out because of the side mounted optics. Although it would be nice to know the rifle could still function when folded to the right.

Thanks for the tip on the spacer now I will have to rethink my options, I really dont want to add any more to the closet I have full of stocks, grips, optics, rails, etc that just didnt really work out for me.