vepr question's

.......just purchased one of these in 7.62 w/the wooden thumbhole stock and forearm, very well built...a nice ak. will a G2 tapco trigger and any USA made mag put this thing in compliance? this will be have it down to 9 foreign parts if these are in same ballpark as the saiga's (as far as parts count go). seems like there is not alot out there on conversion parts, so it looks like it's going to stay in it's hunting configuration. just needed to get a better trigger in it thus putting it in 922r land. any thoughts here......

Vepr's for the most part are different beasts.... I want one in 7.62x54 with the 24 inch barrel and someone to make a damn SVD stock that fits it.... would replace my PSL with it in a heartbeat, don't get me wrong, i love my psl....i do.... but this would be as close to an SVD as i think i'd ever be willing to get. If i had a SVD it'd be a safe queen... I want one i'm not scared to shoot ya know?.. PSL does that pretty well now but lets be honest, the PSL has alot of room for improvement.....

have toyed with just getting a second AES-10B and pulling the bi-pod off it... ordering a darkhorse adjustable stock, and a set of SVD poly handguards from kalinka and ending up with a heavy barrel 7.62x39 SVD clone that would be damn near as effective out to about 500 or so... and could still use the 30/40/75 round mags.

sorry, to answer your question as best i can... there aint much for the veprs as far as aftermarket parts go... stocks seem to be an issue due to the scalloped back. I'd think you could change the FCG for 3, piston.... US mags i guess but yea, someone really needs to make US stock options for em

Edited by datrowl
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeh,that what i thought ,".... would replace my PSL with it in a heartbeat"Just can't sell my PSL smile.png Love my old girl will keep her and her Russian sister

RR3004.jpg

that vepr looks good 032.gif.....nice color blend. is this the 23" bbl also where did you get your upper and lower HG, retainer and gas tube from? been wanting to do this to mine....makes that thumbhole look much better IMHO.

here ya go adjc, recently ordered an item from dinzag, great company to deal with. theres a company that has an adapter for the veprs with scalloped rear receivers, that will accept ar15 grips and stocks. but i would prefer more tradtional ak type stock. once i find it will post it up.

cant seem to post up the site, but check out Dinzagarms.com under vepr for the hg

here ya go adjc, recently ordered an item from dinzag, great company to deal with. theres a company that has an adapter for the veprs with scalloped rear receivers, that will accept ar15 grips and stocks. but i would prefer more tradtional ak type stock. once i find it will post it up.

cant seem to post up the site, but check out Dinzagarms.com under vepr for the hg

+1 on Dinzag, AK east german gas tube,wood is "Iron Wood"

• 2 weeks later...

I want one of the new Super VEPR's sofa king bad... anyone have one? Would love to know how they group. For the price I could almost get a M1A1, but I'll get one of those too..eventually. I have been looking at the M21 version for a while and it's twice the price of the Super VEPR.

I want one of the new Super VEPR's sofa king bad... anyone have one? Would love to know how they group. For the price I could almost get a M1A1, but I'll get one of those too..eventually. I have been looking at the M21 version for a while and it's twice the price of the Super VEPR.

I read this guy's review looks like a good stick

hxxp://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_80/137972_.html