410 Bull Puppy

You either love them or hate them and I'm a Bullpup fan

With all the buzz on the net about the Kel-Tec KSG and the new bullpup kit for the Remmington 870 I found myself wanting a bullpup shottie but none are available yet. I had read about Saiga's being converted using the K-Var kit and I already had a converted 410 so that seemed the way to go.

Here is what I ended up with and I'm pretty pleased with it.

IMG_0955.jpg

• Like 6

Only a face a mother could love...good job getting it done though!

Ha Ha

002.gif That makes the gun and me a good match for each other.

Yeoldetool The front site is what comes with the kit. The rear that comes with it is made for an AK and will not work on the Saiga shotgun. I adapted an HK rail to it and robbed the rear MBUS from my AR that I never shoot. I have a front MBUS on order and will ditch the front sight when it comes in. I'm also thinking of putting a red dot on it.

Since the kit is made for an AK rifle and not a shotgun it had a few hiccups to start with but works very well now. With an AOL of just 30" it is my new truck gun giving my Kel-Tec Sub 2000 a rest.

• 3 weeks later...

No offense, but your's doesn't look much better, if at all.

You're funny. When one of your designs gets picked up by the one of the largest AK wholesalers and taken to Shot Show I give you opinion weight, until then I'll just giggle quietly to myself.

Did you use a kvar kit too? Do SMG mags fit, or do you have to use the 4 rounder?

Yes, I used the kvar kit with a custom modified quad rail set up. It takes more work to make it fit the 410 but it does work.

When it's done all mag sizes will work, even the 15 rounders.

Edited by Boba Debt

No offense, but that is one ugly bull pup job.

Ha Ha! That is exactly what I thought about yours before I built mine.

You should see if you could copy my bull pup quad rail system.

No offense, But I don't care for quad rails on any firearm. I would not use one of yours if you sent it to me for free, again no offense, I just find it fugly!

In the words of my Favorite Sci Fi Hero, "Kunar, what the sphincter-of-hell's goin' on in the engine room? Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"

You don’t care for quad rails but you're all about that "slapped together" look.

Did you use dry wall screws to secure that rail to the forward trigger grip assembly? Is there duct tape, I know there has to be duct tape.

But seriously, guns are serious business and tacking parts on normally isn't very conducive to safe operating practices.

I am very disappointed that I was the first person to have the balls to tell you that you built a bubba gun.

Edited by Boba Debt

In the words of my Favorite Sci Fi Hero, "Kunar, what the sphincter-of-hell's goin' on in the engine room? Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"

In the words of the southern belle fresh out of charm school "How Nice"

You don’t care for quad rails but you're all about that "slapped together" look.

This from someone who slapped a Wal-Mart butt pad on a 410 and then that spear of a rail waiting to take your eye out? Ouch that hurts. Did someone say airsoft parts?

Did you use dry wall screws to secure that rail to the forward trigger grip assembly?

No, Those little plastic push pins that hold your cars door panels on.

Is there duct tape, I know there has to be duct tape.

No again, I was all out so I had to use that putty stuff that holds posters on walls. I'm surprised you don't know about it.

But seriously, guns are serious business and tacking parts on normally isn't very conducive to safe operating practices.

Let's go back to the eye poker!

I am very disappointed that I was the first person to have the balls to tell you that you built a bubba gun.

Well.... there's one in every crowd and I've saw enough of your posts on this and other forums to know that you are " the one". Thanks for all the constructive advise, you've been most helpful.

Edited by kanur

You guys should just fight!

Come on fellas, If you can't say something nice........

I'm not thin skinned, but if someone told me my gun looked like crap and I should redo it like their's, It might get me a little hot.

And if you can throw around insults, you should be able to take 'em too, and not get all hurt when someone says your gun is not the prettiest either.

Bottom line- to each their own, build your gun how YOU want it.

I'd take either of them biggrin.png

While I have always liked Boba Debt's bullpups and modified quad rails, I also like this more simplistic design of Kanur's. It reminds me of this:

k96891_German%20Walther%20WA%202000%20bullpup%20sniper%20rifle-%20in%20.3.jpg

Also, Boba, quit being a dick. Not everyone has your skills or experience when it comes to bullpups. That's not sarcasm either, I really respect your work, but don't pound on the newbie cause he took a different, more simplistic approach.

You're funny. When one of your designs gets picked up by the one of the largest AK wholesalers and taken to Shot Show I give you (SIC) opinion weight, until then I'll just giggle quietly to myself.

And I'll just giggle to myself about how uncouth you are. I'll giggle harder about what kind of person it takes to come onto someone's thread and state that the person's gun is ugly as if it were some undeniable fact. You might consider for a moment that what is aesthetically pleasing is largely subjective. To illustrate you think that your bullpup looks good. I strongly disagree.

I also find it ironic that you would lob the charge that someone else's gun looks cobbled together. I find it pathetic that you felt the need to express that opinion in such a rude way.

You might reflect on why it is that you were not just the first, but the only person to make comments along the lines that you did. Frankly I would posit that it has nothing to do with "balls".

Best of luck to you and your unnamed major AK partner. By the way, just as a single swallow doesn't make a summer, an appearance at a trade show hardly makes something a "success."

• Like 1

I think they are ALL ugly as sin. That said, I really enjoy looking at them, the craftmanship is superb. A kitchen table build is as remarkable as a full machine shop build. Some times a LOT more remarkable!

You either love them or hate them and I'm a Bullpup fan

With all the buzz on the net about the Kel-Tec KSG and the new bullpup kit for the Remmington 870 I found myself wanting a bullpup shottie but none are available yet. I had read about Saiga's being converted using the K-Var kit and I already had a converted 410 so that seemed the way to go.

Here is what I ended up with and I'm pretty pleased with it.

IMG_0955.jpg

Let's get this thread back on track. It started out as good thread about a dream, ingenuity, and realization of the dream.

I for one applaud you for building a nice looking custom bull pup. 027.gif I know it was a fair piece of work and time. I'm glad to see you had the balls to make the build considering how many out there will never even try.

Like you said in the original post, you either like em' or hate em'. No bull pup is really pretty in the has a nice ass sense of the thought, but they are beautiful in their own right. They are like no other, and I find beauty in that myself. I like em'.

Someday I'll make one out of something, and I have been leaning toward a Saiga 410 like yours just because it seems more bad ass than doing one to my other platforms.

Good job! Keep up the good work, and have fun doing it.

• Like 1

A kitchen table build is as remarkable as a full machine shop build.

Now that is funny because my wife just got one of those expensive Mission/Amish style table sets where the chairs weigh about 50# each and has informed me there will be no more cleaning or working on guns at the table.

My MBUS front sight arrived and it is on and the barrel mounted sight is gone. I had planned on a red dot but I like the clean looks and simplicity of the front and rear MBUS so much I may just leave it like that.

Another member posted this pic of a barrel shroud they are making so I'm thinking something like it and a muzzle brake would be a nice finishing touch. If I get that done I'll post a new picture.

post-36086-0-78928500-1324568329_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...