Satellite spots China's first aircraft carrier at sea

Wow... china has now acquired a diesel carrier! They have reached 1030's Imperial Japanese technology... they have no experience actually using it... they didn't build it, and have no fix-wing aircraft to fly from it... But I'm impressed.

Pretty sure they can afford to buy some aircraft from Russia. Either that, or Obama will give them some F-18s to help repay our debt to them.

• Like 2

"There are two kinds of ships: Submarines and targets!" This 'carrier' is just a new and easy opportunity to practice targeting drills. I don't think this obsolete POS has a catapult, isn't it a ski jump deck like the Brits?

• Like 1

I saw a Chinese concept aircraft carrier which had a double hull and two flight decks. They are building their military with some exotic weapons. They'll get V/STOL aircraft from the Russians or the Obamanable Muslim will give them the technology to develop them.

The last time I saw an enemy warship (russian) from above, my H3 aircrew dropped a bagOshit on the deck as we made our last pass photographing their antennas. It was funny watching them run. This china carrier is a late term abortion waiting to happen.

Edited by tatonic

"There are two kinds of ships: Submarines and targets!" This 'carrier' is just a new and easy opportunity to practice targeting drills. I don't think this obsolete POS has a catapult, isn't it a ski jump deck like the Brits?

Yeah, it's a ski-jump design. That 'catapult' is a painted line so the Su33 clones have something to line up with.

And I'm waiting for the American sub to either toss a 3" countermeasure flare onto the flight deck or blast the side of the hull with rotten grapefruit from periscope depth.

"Tag, you're it!"

The Kreigsmarine never had a prayer against the Royal Navy, but they sure played Hell with shipping for a long time. Sit that thing out in some major shipping lane or, more likely, in the Straits of Formosa and the only force in the World that is likely to effectively oppose it is the US Navy. Our decision is weighed under the fact that the ChiComs own what little equity this bankrupt Country has and we either have to go all in for war with China, which we would win but at horrible cost, or we let them have Taiwan, or whatever else they're holding hostage.

The Kreigsmarine never had a prayer against the Royal Navy, but they sure played Hell with shipping for a long time. Sit that thing out in some major shipping lane or, more likely, in the Straits of Formosa and the only force in the World that is likely to effectively oppose it is the US Navy. Our decision is weighed under the fact that the ChiComs own what little equity this bankrupt Country has and we either have to go all in for war with China, which we would win but at horrible cost, or we let them have Taiwan, or whatever else they're holding hostage.

Taiwan is far from an easy target... They survived when we sold them out at the end of WWII... they will survive the Chi-com's half assed navy

ITs too bad we cant be more BUDDY-BUDDY with the chinese... ( politically opposition in viewpoints on too many issues, sure.. ) But just imagine... a US/Chinese power base... What other entity in the entire world would have even a microbes' shit hope in hell to withstand that might?!?!!? Hell... Get the Russians on board with us... That triad would truly dominate the entire world... Unless of course... they paid us the sum of....

1 billion, gagillion, fafillion, shabolubalu million illion yillion ... YEN!!!

:lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

:smoke:

ITs too bad we cant be more BUDDY-BUDDY with the chinese

Oh well, at least according to Obama, the Taliban are friendly now since we have been negotiating with the goatfuckers. Great future allies.

This is really a fairly significant event. An aircraft carrier is a projection of world wide power that a plan to stay at home group would not invest in.

+1

I'm sure the U.S. Military sees it as a significant event as well.

repeal any tax breaks, and tax the FUCK outta China.

where did our jobs go? they just went poof!!??

fine the big conglomerates, instate taxes and such....

....but wait, you guys hate the tax beuraeu

fuck it, leave it alone, it'll work out REAL GOOD for the USA.

This is really a fairly significant event. An aircraft carrier is a projection of world wide power that a plan to stay at home group would not invest in.

Really? On that basis were do you think the US plans to atack?

I for one would rather they did not have it but cant blame them for wanting it when others have them

Edited by ctd

ok ok i took all of two minutes to make this, I uncencored the photo, and added a support vessel to the pic....

I think its pretty accurate...cheesey, but accurate...

post-83-0-34445600-1324624826.jpg

Edited by Ben Vampatella