Slidefire on a Saiga.... video

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saiga-12 test video. Awesome!!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eft4hL74M4g

Well, it isn't on a Saiga 12, but it really looks like fun. I think I might have to get one of these.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwBSjoq7Hqo

Idk for $340 bucks....

Did anyone notice anything about the saiga 12 in that video?

It's an unconverted one...trigger guard is in the factory position...shocked.gif

+1 ..... that might suck

It'd be alright for jackin' off rounds! That would save money on other parts, too.

• Like 1

hurr durr, no one would have ever gguessed simulating full auto fire would cost money and expend ammo. looks like saigatech could honestly engineer anything he wanted in this market. he has had a working model for some number of months. I wonder if using stiffer springs can reduce the rof...

hurr durr, no one would have ever gguessed simulating full auto fire would cost money and expend ammo. looks like saigatech could honestly engineer anything he wanted in this market. he has had a working model for some number of months. I wonder if using stiffer springs can reduce the rof...

Im not sure who that first comment was directed at, but it seems unnecessary. I do know something about your last sentence though, the Slide Fire stock contains no spring or spring like device, it if did it would not be legal. There was something similar to this stock produced a while back called the Atkins Accelerator and it did use a spring, but the spring makes it a mechanically operated system so it could be fired with one hand, making it as close to full auto as you can get. But with the Slide Fire it is all human operated, your front hand does all the work, you have to actually push forward so after the recoil happens you push the trigger back to your trigger finger which stays tight against a stop built into the stock. So you have to have both arms cooperating to make it work.

Im not sure who that first comment was directed at, but it seems unnecessary. I do know something about your last sentence though, the Slide Fire stock contains no spring or spring like device, it if did it would not be legal. There was something similar to this stock produced a while back called the Atkins Accelerator and it did use a spring, but the spring makes it a mechanically operated system so it could be fired with one hand, making it as close to full auto as you can get. But with the Slide Fire it is all human operated, your front hand does all the work, you have to actually push forward so after the recoil happens you push the trigger back to your trigger finger which stays tight against a stop built into the stock. So you have to have both arms cooperating to make it work.

Well stated.

Yep, sarcasm doesn't translate well through text and makes the sarcastic comment writer seem like an asshole. Whether that's the case or not, I'll explain that my comment was pointing out that internal conversion parts, pistol grip, and trigger guard purchases appear like they wouldn't be necessary.

Did anyone notice anything about the saiga 12 in that video?

It's an unconverted one...trigger guard is in the factory position...shocked.gif

+1 ..... that might suck

Since they're doing one for a regular AK, why does it matter?

Until last night, both videos that I saw were of unconverted Saiga 12 and unconverted Saiga 7.62 rifle (132?). Standard AK configuration sounds great.

Oh man. I'm psyched. I've been waiting for this thing since the AR version first came out.

Just bought one for my AK74. I had wood furniture on it.. but since that is going to be gone now, I went ahead and bought a Chaos rail for it too. Back in black!

I'll try this thing on my S12 too, if it seems durable enough to handle 12ga recoil. If so, I'll be getting another. Maybe a third, because I really need a 7.62x39 as well.

God damn, this hobby never gets CHEAPER does it?

There are always those guys that buy one and figure out that they can't afford to feed it.

YEAH!

I bought one for my AR before most people knew they existed. After spending $350 for the stock I quickly found out that I couldn't really afford to play with it. You easily blow through $10 in about 2-3 seconds ("IF" you're using cheap ammo). I shot through $250 in ammo the 1st day. I had it installed for about a month (Its nearly impossible to have it installed without using the bump fire feature). I decided to sell it. Its fun to play with but not very practical

Edited by ItsAllCreated

I bought one for my AR before most people knew they existed. After spending $350 for the stock I quickly found out that I couldn't really afford to play with it. You easily blow through $10 in about 2-3 seconds ("IF" you're using cheap ammo). I shot through $250 in ammo the 1st day. I had it installed for about a month (Its nearly impossible to have it installed without using the bump fire feature). I decided to sell it. Its fun to play with but not very practical

I have no illusions about the cost of shooting this thing. But you were shooting the wrong rifle anyhow. The cheapest 5.56 that I've found is still twice as expensive as the cheapest 5.45. If you were doing an AR - you should have done a 9mm AR upper.

I routinely shoot 300 rds of milsurp 7.62x51 in a session, so I know all about painful ammo budgets. That is no reason for me to sell my FAL or M1As though. Neither is the cost of dumping an MD20 a reason to sell it. It is DAMN tempting to light up the range with the MD20 every time you lock it in.

The answer? Discipline. Or to say it another way, you can't always have fun. Life sucks that way. :)

It is clear to me that the first video in this thread is of a converted Saiga with the trigger in the correct location. The S12 video may have just been a test to see if it could take the recoil of 12Ga.

Agreed, just wondering if they have two possible designs coming out, w/ or w/o conversion. Seems like a lot of tooling cost to just test its recoil capacity when they can put a regular SSAK47 kit on it.

Not sold on full auto. There is a reason why most issued AR's are 3 Rounders. Aside from wasting ammo you have some serious muzzle rise with a shotgun. Personally I'd rather have extra capacity.

Now as a toy to blow through some cash, I bet its fun as hell! Just not useful to me.

Wouldn't a Choate "Dragunov" style stock be the best stock to convert into a slide stock for a Saiga? Maybe by making the screw holes in the tang into slots?

bump223.jpg

Seems like it would work ok.

Edited by Corbin

To say you can only bump fire with the SSAR is dumb. I can shoot semi all day with that stock on my AR outside or in the range. As for bump firing I can shoot three round burst, 10 rounds or a full mag dump. It takes a little practice but awesome once you figure it out. As for the $, I would think if you were going buy an SSAR you would know you need a 1000 rounds to play with. Look for the good deals $5.99 a box is about the best. The Russian ammo won't run because the casing is not brass.

Yes we will have some new videos later this week showing this in use with a Converted Saiga 12 and MD ARMS Drum they are priced @ $289.00 shipped .

How do we post the You Tube video so it shows up with the player on the post ?

Upload the video on youtube

type the name of the video in the 'search' bar

find the video and click on it

copy and the URL from the web browser

open a 'post' box here

click on the 'link' icon

paste url in the box that pops up

submit post

If you go to your channel and copy the url from there, it will not work. If you go to your list of videos and copy the url from there, it will not work. You absolutely have to search for it by name, click on the video, and copy the url from the web browser.

Now stop teasing us.... ;)

Wouldn't a Choate "Dragunov" style stock be the best stock to convert into a slide stock for a Saiga? Maybe by making the screw holes in the tang into slots?

bump223.jpg

Seems like it would work ok.

It would need a 'rest' on the left side for the finger to rest on. I'm sure that it could be made to work. Great idea.

I'm down with the idea, but I really couldn't imagine being able to empty the drum any faster and still being able to control the weapon. As of this moment in time, I take about 4 to 5 seconds to dump an MD-20 on target, this requires proper stance and concentration to do properly, also, I see no need to empty it any faster.

With that said, I'm completely comfortable with others having them and installing them on their own weapons so blast away boys!