Slidefire on a Saiga.... video

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saiga-12 test video. Awesome!!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eft4hL74M4g

Well, it isn't on a Saiga 12, but it really looks like fun. I think I might have to get one of these.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwBSjoq7Hqo

Idk for $340 bucks....

Im curious, how does the cyclic rate of the semi-auto with slide stock compare to a true fully automatic AK?

Using the slidefire is all about how much forward pressure you apply with your front hand, so if you find the sweet spot you should be able to release the hammer as soon as it resets. So I would assume it has the potential to be every bit as fast as a full auto version, but it would be an interesting test.

Well if those numbers are true that's almost 700 rounds per minute, I'm not sure what the numbers are on a full auto but I would guess not much faster, if at all. I haven't actually timed how long it takes for a full mag dump on my SSAR but I bet its right around where your number is too.

-I just timed a mag dump I had a video of and I was getting 2.4 - 2.5 seconds for 30 rounds, that's over 700 rpm.

Edited by White Rider

After speaking with them today I can comment on the unconverted S12 video above. They say that the stock in that video was a printed quick prototype and they are currently making one to work with unconverted Saigas. Why you would not want to convert a Saiga, I don't know. I hope this clears up any confusion.

evlblkwpnz , thanks for the You Tube video posting info we will start filming on Wed and should have the videos posted by Friday !!

You are absolutely welcome.

Do you have a shot timer? How fast that joker can make a mag dump happen is very interesting info ;)

After speaking with them today I can comment on the unconverted S12 video above. They say that the stock in that video was a printed quick prototype and they are currently making one to work with unconverted Saigas. Why you would not want to convert a Saiga, I don't know. I hope this clears up any confusion.

Didn't work.... I'm even more confused now. What is an "unconverted Saiga"?

• 2 months later...

If you want a shot timer, record an audio file. Then you just juse Goldwave (free audio software) Then zoom in to view a minute or second and count the peaks and divide over time. It is accurate and not subject to the frame rate issues of video. People use it for diagnostics for high cyclic rate paintball issues all the time, and also debunking BS claims of attained speed. It is easy and works very well.

I tried putting one on my s 12. My regular gunshop is a slide fire vendor. My s 12 is converted and the mounting holes don't line up the trigger opening needs to be further forward you have to modify the receiver to make the ssak-47 work on a converted saiga, that or my guns are so whacked out of spec its silly.

Looks awesome. For those complaining about the cost...c'mon. You have to pay $200 just to get the stamp to buy a full auto weapon if you want one...and that's TONS of money.

$300 is peanuts to get full auto fire. So it's either $15,200 for a stamp and a full auto weapon, or $300 for a fulll auto S12. I can buy a lot of bulk pack for $14,900 :)

Looks awesome. For those complaining about the cost...c'mon. You have to pay $200 just to get the stamp to buy a full auto weapon if you want one...and that's TONS of money.

$300 is peanuts to get full auto fire. So it's either $15,200 for a stamp and a full auto weapon, or $300 for a fulll auto S12. I can buy a lot of bulk pack for $14,900 smile.png

Plus unless your a manufacturer or a friend of or law enforcement / military you can't have a full auto s12

$300 is peanuts to get full auto fire. So it's either $15,200 for a stamp and a full auto weapon, or $300 for a fulll auto S12. I can buy a lot of bulk pack for $14,900 :)

You literally have no clue what you are talking about do you? Where the hell did you pull $15,000 from?