I will never get that 6 minutes of my life back, and I feel markedly dumber for having been exposed to that stupidity.

I cannot believe they were doing hand-to-hand teaching with LIVE ammo... I *MIGHT* make an exception for proficiency after people have learned the moves, but when you're teaching? GSW waiting to happen.

• Like 2

I love seeing these half speed ninjas. I would love to see one of those guys try to block a pipe coming full speed not knowing it was coming. I cant see any of these guys accidently shooting each other either. Funny stuff going on.

Yeah, the Live-fire drills sure got me!! Especially when it is instruction! Holy-Moly!!! Folks all millin' around and all.....totally safe, oh yeah.

Besides the fact of how well trained you Really need to be to stop a suprise assault!! Action is faster than reaction. Science tells us a persons reaction time is usually over 1 second, meaning, After the pipe hits your head!

Even Inspector Clouseau couldn't get the jump on Kato, and he knew it was coming!big_smile.gif

Those Pink Panther films are probably better self defense instruction!

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 2

This is perfect training for those "slow motion" fights we are always finding ourselves in. It also helps a lot when your attacker offers his cooperation in letting you perform your perfectly choreographed moves. In my prime, I'm pretty sure I could have bitch slapped that stick out of his hands and had it all the way up his ass before he could say "look at me, I'm a mall ninja!" boxing.gif

I stopped watching after I saw a gun (presumably loaded) pointed at a mans throat. Unless your law enforcement or military, no matter how fun it could be, the actions in this video are just plain dumb and worthless. Even someone that could use training like this it seems like it would be useless.

I stopped watching after I saw a gun (presumably loaded) pointed at a mans throat. Unless your law enforcement or military, no matter how fun it could be, the actions in this video are just plain dumb and worthless. Even someone that could use training like this it seems like it would be useless.

You think a uniform changes stupidity?

http://youtu.be/gxegEMWmNOA

There is absolutely NO... NONE... NADA.... ZERO>> ZIP>>> ZILCH.... that would EVER justify the use of live ammo in these situations. It's the same reason you would never use real blades in knife combat training. You don't learn much dead... You actually WANT the student to fail and then improve. The first failure or error is going to be a rough one with that twit.

Edited by Heath_h49008
  • Like 3

Actually, there are a few situations that demand the use of live steel in blade training, but most of them aren't sparring. There is one bare-handed technique that is taught with a live blade, the sword trap&disarm. But that's an extreme outlier case, the exception that proves the rule.

I could see doing this type of training with simunitions and some protective gear. Actually, airsoft would be even better, since there less risk of fatal injury that way (wouldn't want a simunition to the throat, while an airsoft would just leave a small scar at worst). The idea of training police officers how to retain their weapons is good and necessary. Not so sure about military, though security/counterterrorist types might find it useful.

If I was still in the service and this dude showed up for training, I'd take the court-martial for disobeying a direct order (and resulting federal felony!) over a direct threat to my life. You DO NOT EVER sweep a team-mate with a muzzle.

• Like 1

My instructor trained us with kobatons, and markers...

If you think ANY kind of knife fighting or "sparring" with work with real steel as anything but a form or Russian roulette, try the markers first. Time it for 30 seconds... after all, even if the first strike was to the heart with a blade, there's 30 seconds of tape in the machine. (More actually...) After the time is up, look at where you and your opponent are marked and think about the damage done. Would either have survived?

Even some disarm techniques... not unless you are disarming a child who won't fight back or a mannequin. If you're running full speed and big boy rules, the highest probability is going to be two people wrestling over the knife hand. (I'm so sick of these moronic... stand like THIS.... don't move... I'm a Ninja when you do it like this... type of instructors.) Here's a good laugh to illustrate.... gosh that looks cool and complicated huh? I guess it's really good that guy doesn't know his arm can bend straight and gut her huh? This is actually off one of these idiotic sites! They're proud of this!

Outside of BAD Hollywood movies, few people will even hold the knife like that... Knives come in low, fast, and most of the time the blade is thumb side, or even reversed and pinky side, folded back against the forearm so it's harder to see.

SURVIVAL%20JUNE%202008%20094.jpg

Edited by Heath_h49008