Conversion Done in Time for a Christmas Shoot?

Probably not.

Everything is done and ready to be put back together. Received the kit from CSS today. retaining plate is on BO (Maybe next week), and the bullet guide is out of stock till at least next weds.

Was gonna head out to the farm and start putting rounds through her Christmas day but it looks like I'm SOL.

Peace to all!!

post-38199-0-54160200-1324055601_thumb.jpg

post-38199-0-48539800-1324055833_thumb.jpg

Edited by strider12

that means you should have it the same day you ordered it right?

I'm in NY and have gotten things NEXT DAY from Greg.

I've heard of people getting things before their Credit Card showed they had been billed.

This is my first conversion (second one is already planned, addiction is a wonderful thing) and Greg will get all my business from now on.

If all you are waiting for is the retainer plate, temporarily use "E" clips from the hardware store. Also small spring clips (like a girls bobby pin, only shorter and with an open spot in the middle used for retained clevis pins (darned old timers disease, can't remember what they are called. The stuff will be in the small "hillman drawers at an ACE or Tru value.

If all you are waiting for is the retainer plate, temporarily use "E" clips from the hardware store. Also small spring clips (like a girls bobby pin, only shorter and with an open spot in the middle used for retained clevis pins (darned old timers disease, can't remember what they are called. The stuff will be in the small "hillman drawers at an ACE or Tru value.

Thank you. I can get around the RP, but the bullet guide is essential. Just being anxious.

Thank you. I can get around the RP, but the bullet guide is essential. Just being anxious.

your saiga did not come with a factory magazine? while it might not be a mil surp 30.. you should be able to use the factory mag?

your saiga did not come with a factory magazine? while it might not be a mil surp 30.. you should be able to use the factory mag?

You are correct, thanks Vlad. Wasn't thinking.

So I guess this could be a completed conversion for Elvis' birthday (Jan. 8th). CSS said they would have the rounded BG in stock by 12-21-11. Today it changed to 12-29-11.

Placed the order w/ Brian at Dinzag like I should have a week ago.

Edited by strider12

I am also waiting on the back ordered retainer plate....We will see...I wish the website had reflected the fact that it was back ordered, I didnt find out untill I read the sticker placed on my shipping invoice.

modify the original retaining wire to fit until retainers are available.

I am also waiting on the back ordered retainer plate....We will see...I wish the website had reflected the fact that it was back ordered, I didnt find out untill I read the sticker placed on my shipping invoice.

From what I understand the retaining plates are back in at CSS.

I am a lil peeved because last Tuesday in the CSS threads I asked if anybody had a rounded BG to sell. Greg at CSS told me they would be in by the 21st (today) and they would ship immediately. Well yesterday that changed to 12/29. I could have had it ordered from Dinzag a week ago. Needless to say I am disappointed.

But I need to be careful what I say: apparently CSS has a god-like reputation around here and I am yet to be a contributor.

Edited by strider12