Ok so I bought a Draco pistol a while back with intentions to sbr it. I was just going to drill and tap the rear trunnion and add a DPH stock or something myself, but then I found out you have to have it engraved first and cant find anyone in town to do it so I figured Ill just have a pro do it during a build or something. Now this is where im confused. I filled out a ATF Form 5320.1 (aka Form 1) — Application to Make and Register a Firearm, used to make an NFA item. But if someone else is going to be working on it, will the form 1 work or will I need to fill out a ATF Form 5320.4 (aka Form 4) — Application for Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of a Firearm, used to transfer an NFA item from a FFL/SOT to in individual, trust, corp, ect.?

Suppose I could just call the batfe and ask.

2nd Problem:

I was going to have an AK104 Front Sight Gas Block attached on the draco but it seems the overall circumference of the ak104 FSGB is a little larger than the barrel of the draco. And If I were to align the ak104 FSGB with the draco gas hole on the barrel, there would be about 1/2" of barrel sticking out of the AK104FSGB. So should I just scrap the idea and keep it simple, leave the draco gas block alone? Just send it to someone have it engraved and drill and tap the rear trunnion myself. I already have a drill press and the bits to drill and tap?

I can take pics if it'll help.

Not sure if anyone has tried this or has had experience with any of these situations.

But thank you in advance for sharing your info.

AZG

My Saiga 12 SBS was on a form 1 and I had Troy @ In Range do the work, including engraving. I believe this is how most (if not all) shops do it on a customer-supplied gun.

As far as the Draco barrel protruding from the FSGB, if you're having a shop do it, they could chop the barrel flush with the FSGB and recrown while it's there (assuming it fits).

Are you set on using the DPH stock? Ever think about having a standard rear trunion installed on it and doing all matching wood? Also, a side rail would be a nice addition since you're going SBR. Would give you the option of using an optic should you ever want to.

If you have a shop do the work, figure out exactly what you're going to do (barrel and stock) so you know the overall length. Send it to the shop when you send the form 1 off, that way when your form 1 comes back, your gun will already be finished and you won't have to wait. Email or fax a copy of the approved form 1 to the shop when you receive it and they will ship your gun directly back to you. No other transfers or dealers to go through.

I just sent a form 4 off for a Silencerco Sparrow 22 stainless suppressor last week and a Draco SBR is still at the top of my list once some bills are paid. NFA stuff is addicting. greedy.gif

• Like 1
My Saiga 12 SBS was on a form 1 and I had Troy @ In Range do the work, including engraving.

I'm looking into them now. Not sure what price ranges are good for virgin M92 builds. quality isnt an issue with In Range as Im sure you wouldn't use them if they weren't good. Im just a newbie when it comes to builds, builders, quality, and price ranges. So far for my yugo m92 kit was $629 shipped, the NDS-1KP was $105 shipped, and the sidefolder and trunnion.....I forgot. Im just gonna say about $150-180. So total parts $915, guessing high. Ive gotten 3 quotes from between $400-550 so far. Waiting on one more I think. Total that about as much as I paid for my slr106ur. Not terrible and it will be an awesome sbr.

I believe this is how most (if not all) shops do it on a customer-supplied gun. As far as the Draco barrel protruding from the FSGB, if you're having a shop do it, they could chop the barrel flush with the FSGB and recrown while it's there (assuming it fits).

Might just scrap the ak 104 FSGB idea for the draco and keep the draco FSGB and put the AK104FSGB on my SGL21-94 way later on down the road? I donno.

Are you set on using the DPH stock? Ever think about having a standard rear trunion installed on it and doing all matching wood? Also, a side rail would be a nice addition since you're going SBR. Would give you the option of using an optic should you ever want to.

Actually, the dph was a last resort kindof idea if the form 1 thing went bad. But actually since I cant find any folder trunnions right now I just scrapped the folder Idea for the draco and was going to have the fixed stock installed on the draco like you're talking about. You read my mind. I have a nice matching wood set too. all ready planned for it bad_smile.gif

If you have a shop do the work, figure out exactly what you're going to do (barrel and stock) so you know the overall length. Send it to the shop when you send the form 1 off, that way when your form 1 comes back, your gun will already be finished and you won't have to wait. Email or fax a copy of the approved form 1 to the shop when you receive it and they will ship your gun directly back to you. No other transfers or dealers to go through. I just sent a form 4 off for a Silencerco Sparrow 22 stainless suppressor last week and a Draco SBR is still at the top of my list once some bills are paid. NFA stuff is addicting. greedy.gif

Excellent info! Just what I was looking for. Yes this nfa stuff is. Thanks again!

Edited by AZG

I plan on sending off for 2 SBRs soon and am unsure about the quantity of FP cards & Compliance forms you need per set of Form 1s.

which Im guessing 2 SBRs will equal:

4 Form 1s(double sided), 2 forms for each SBR

2 finger print cards, or would you need 4?

1 compliance form, or would you need 2?

1 check for $400

is this correct? Ive read this:

Hopefully this is the right place to post this,

1. I have a saiga 12 that needs to become a SBS, I also have 3 krinks that are pistols for now but would like to put in my paper work convert them into SBRs. Is there any reason I shouldnt submit all 4 forms at once (one trip to the sherrifs)

Submit them all at once. ONE set of FP cards and ONE "citizenship" form. All forms 4 or forms 1 if YOU are the manufacturer must have CLEO signature and each form must have a picture.

And am not sure if this is correct or not. Can anyone confirm how many FP cards and compliance forms you need to send in per set of Form 1s?

Thanks

AZG

I would send them in separately if I were sending multiples at the same time. 2 different envelopes. Not sure how they handle it if there are multiple applications in 1 envelope.

In each envelope you would need:

2 Form 1's w/passport photos glued or taped to them

2 Fingerprint cards

1 Certificate of Compliance

1 Money order for $200.00

Maybe someone who has submitted more than one application at once could shed more light on how they handle multiple applications in one envelope.

Edit to add: You could always call the NFA branch and ask. cool.png

Edited by KC913
  • Like 1

I plan on sending off for 2 SBRs soon and am unsure about the quantity of FP cards & Compliance forms you need per set of Form 1s.

which Im guessing 2 SBRs will equal:

4 Form 1s(double sided), 2 forms for each SBR

2 finger print cards, or would you need 4?

1 compliance form, or would you need 2?

1 check for $400

is this correct?

No. You can send them in together, but you'll need 4 fingerprint cards and 2 compliance forms. Even though it would be perfectly fine to send them together with one check, I still wouldn't do it. Could easily case confusion with the examiner(s) that gets your forms. Then everything gets delayed while they try to contact you to straighten it all out. Easier just to send the forms for each gun in separately.

• Like 1

I found out some info from my local police station that I thought was interesting and wanted to share. Not sure its worthy of its own thead but, I have to pay $22 for fingerprint cards and have been told that I can receive up to 2 sets=4cards. I did not know this. So you might want to check with your station to see how many they allow. The first time I only got 2 cards as that is all that I needed and didnt know otherwise but now I will get the extra set for next time I want to SB something. Save me $22

Every station has it's own rules. I am super fortunate that I can get as many cards as I want for $5 every trip. They're open M-F 8 to 5. Where I was at before, I could only show up for two hours one day a week and the prices were similar to yours.

Every station has it's own rules. I am super fortunate that I can get as many cards as I want for $5 every trip. They're open M-F 8 to 5. Where I was at before, I could only show up for two hours one day a week and the prices were similar to yours.

Yeah, I went there yesterday and was told they are only available for prints mon-thurs 4-6pm and it $22 for 4 cards and I have to make an appointment. You are lucky my friend. Wow, where you were before sounds worse than here.

I wonder if they have to be police station fingerprint cards or if I can get them from my FFL? They did my CCW fingerprint cards.

You can have anyone that knows what they are doing take your prints. As long as they are clear and the FBI can read them you should be good to go. My local PD does not do prints. I go to the DOJ building. I could also get them done where I work but I don't because I on't want to raise eyebrows there.

The important thing is that you use the right cards (FBI - FD-258LE) and use the right ORI information. The problem with using local PD cards is that sometimes they use a different style card and that they have their info in the ORI. You do not want the FBI to send they info back to you local PD. You want them to send it back to the BATFE NFA branch. The ORI should read;

WVATF0800

ATF-NFA BRANCH

MARTINSBURG, WV

If you have the right cards but wrong ORI you can place a white sticky backed label to cover it up and then write in the correct info.

• Like 1

Here virtually all the PDs will not do fingerprints, they all refer you to private companies. Which is fine, the one's I have used do a fine job. Except that Florida will not accept anything but PD fingerprints, so I had to drive to the state capital and go the the State Police HQ. Fun.

You can have anyone that knows what they are doing take your prints. As long as they are clear and the FBI can read them you should be good to go. My local PD does not do prints. I go to the DOJ building. I could also get them done where I work but I don't because I on't want to raise eyebrows there.

The important thing is that you use the right cards (FBI - FD-258LE) and use the right ORI information. The problem with using local PD cards is that sometimes they use a different style card and that they have their info in the ORI. You do not want the FBI to send they info back to you local PD. You want them to send it back to the BATFE NFA branch. The ORI should read;

WVATF0800

ATF-NFA BRANCH

MARTINSBURG, WV

If you have the right cards but wrong ORI you can place a white sticky backed label to cover it up and then write in the correct info.

Just got my cards and they are the right ones, but they've got their info in it. Will instant white out work, you know the kind you just roll on? Or does it have to be a sticky? I don't remember doing this or looking for this on my last set of forms and they went through ok. Weird, maybe it'll be quicker this time. Thanks again Sunnybean

No, white out or the roller tape stuff will work. I like the adhesive labels as they are cleaner.

Maybe the batfe did this for you on the last ones.?.

One it's time to take up mindful mediation to focus your energy elsewhere;-)