Got an early xmas gift

My Dad had an early Christmas gift for me while i was visiting him today. My first 1911, Para Ordnance Warthog Regal in .45acp. Pretty excited to go shoot this little guy. Anyone know of any good IWB sub compact 1911 holsters? Planning on carrying it with a round chamber half cocked.

This is just a stock picture, havent taken any of mine yet.

WHX1045RK-1-large.jpg

Galco makes an IWB holster for 1911s. It should fit yours. I bought one for my CZ75. but the CZ doesn't quite fit (triggerguard is a little bit bigger than the holster is intended for). Need to oil and stretch it a bit more, unless you firearms babysitters have fixed that for me while I'm in Japan.

Congrats. Why are you going to carry it half cocked?

Just seems like its the safest way. But then again I'm a 1911 noob so I have no clue what the preferred method of carry for these is.

If you have to really use it, you are going to lose precious time dicking around to fully cock it. Cock it, lock it, and carry it in a good holster. Practice the manual of arms with that weapon so you are proficient in its operation. You'll be fine.

• Like 2