there are two gun stores near me.

1) one is close by and has more selection and a range, even a smith on staff.

2) the other is further away and has less selection and no range, no smith.

I travel further to go to the store with less selection because they are always happy to see me, know my name and treat me like a friend.

I prefer gunshops that have a range attached, more selection, and a smith, but customer service makes all the difference for me in the end.

the fancy shop was rude to me and as a result they have lost out on thousands of dollars of my business

Edited by Salt
  • Like 2
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cabela's has a very sensible model that you can follow to address those concerns. Loaded carry is good to go, with the explicit caveat that if you bring it in loaded, concealed or openly, it stays wh

Well, as long as you're okay with people being armed at home while they're browsing your website.

I went into a local shop after a range trip. I had packed up my pistols, but was still wearing my holster.....The FIRST thing the shop owner said to me was "Where is your pistol?" If you quake in yo

Prices: If someone can buy new online and pay shipping plus another $25ish for a transfer fee and get the gun cheaper than you are selling then the price is probably too high. Reasonable transfer fees go with prices.

Service: People behind the counter that are willing to find out what the customer wants and needs and are happy to help them try and cover those wants and needs within their price range. They shouldn't talk down to the customer, insult their choice of firearms or accesories, act like they're having their time wasted, or try and get them to spend twice what they were planning on spending, in general they just shouldn't act like a high pressure car salesman.

I would prefer a place that allowed carry, but if your service was excellent and you had reasonable prices I'd might be willing to put up with a no carry store.