Saiga 7.62 Conversion, New to forum.

Hey everybody, Im relatively new to this forum, but have gotten information regarding the saiga 7.62x39 conversion I did recently. Just wanted to get some input on what you guys think about it. Go easy tho as it was my first conversion and my first Saiga rifle. Here are the parts i used:

• K-var buttstock
  • UTG quad rail
  • Magpul AFG v2
  • Tapco G2 trigger group moddified
  • Retaining plate
  • Hogue Pistol Grip
  • Standard bolt on angled trigger guard.
  • Ncstar Tactical Flashlight
  • Round Bullet Guide.

All the internals were purchased from Carolina Shooters Supply, which I might add has been a pleasure doing business with, Shipping is unbelievably fast. The utg and magpul stuff was purchased off amazon. The actual conversion process took me 4 hours. 1 hour of that was dedicated to painting the bottom portion of the receiver and letting it dry. Drilling out the rivets was a bit nerve racking but went smoothly, considering I have little to no experience with metal work. Overall Im very pleased with the results and it shoots great now. Thanks for reading this and God Bless!

post-36955-0-59635600-1324449501_thumb.jpg

post-36955-0-89972800-1324449571_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I really like how the kydex works, Im use to the original buttstock, which places the thumb over the stock anyways.The kydext is not uncomfortable at all and the benefit of detachable mags is unbeatable. P.S. i really like the original ak synthetic furniture on yours, im debating on switching myself!

I really like how the kydex works, Im use to the original buttstock, which places the thumb over the stock anyways.The kydext is not uncomfortable at all and the benefit of detachable mags is unbeatable. P.S. i really like the original ak synthetic furniture on yours, im debating on switching myself!

I am actually switching it to wood with a bakelite pistol grip in about a month when my stuff comes out of storage. I'll be selling my K-Var plum 4 piece set that is on it now.

• 2 weeks later...

@Battleicious

It looks really good! I will be doing my restore this weekend and hope that it goes as smoothly as yours went. I have a question in regards to your magazines though...are those 10/30 mags? I'm also from California and my understanding of the law is that you can't have a magazine capacity larger than 10 rounds. If I'm wrong or you know something I don't please let me know. Also, if they are 10/30 mags where did you get them?

Thanks,

Irish

Mine are standard 30 rounders. I possessed them before the 2000 ban, as I had an AK in the 80s, that I registered when the ban hit in 1990. I solr the registered AW AK, but kept the mags. In order to be legal, you must have possessed the magazines before Jan 1, 2000. The burden of proof, however, is on them to prove you did not, either they catch you trying to sneak them in, or you are too young to have possessed them (i.e. you were 11 years old in 2000), etc. Being an old fart (60), and having owned a registered AW in 1990, I am more than covered. You can legally buy 30 round "rebuild kits" which are complete 30s, disassembled. You can repair a damaged, legal 30, or assemble them to 30s when out of state, the dis-assemble them before you come back in.