Pauly's Match Trigger... Groovy. :)

biggrin.png

003.jpg

005.jpg

004-1.jpg

Yep....

It started life as a Tapco...

Been looking for a comfortable trigger for a long time,

The Arsenal feels good, but the sear is too high for me. So I just grooved a tapco... Much higher end feel to the finger.

smile.png

• Like 2

Very Nice!! My stuff should be about ready to hit your workbench and don't suppose that might be MY trigger? big_smile.gif

NO?? Oh well, just anxious to get the parts back and finish my conversion. Enjoy the Holiday weekend Pauly and all who view this tread.

For customer supplied triggers I think $20 on top of GlassBolt would be fair, or $25.00 as a stand alone mod, the $5.00 to cover return shipping. (shipping is already covered in GlassBolt)

That'd cover the mill's setup time, run time & consumable wear.

Very Nice!! My stuff should be about ready to hit your workbench and don't suppose that might be MY trigger? big_smile.gif

NO?? Oh well, just anxious to get the parts back and finish my conversion. Enjoy the Holiday weekend Pauly and all who view this tread.

That's not your trigger, but yours are shipping tonight so should hopefully hit your house Christmas eve via USPS express mail if your serial # ends in 748..

That trigger is for another set in that run where the customer requested it.

You were the Op-rod install right?

If you give me the heads up & can spare $20.00 I can do yours before shipping. :)

For customer supplied triggers I think $20 on top of GlassBolt would be fair, or $25.00 as a stand alone mod, the $5.00 to cover return shipping. (shipping is already covered in GlassBolt)

That's not your trigger, but yours are shipping tonight so should hopefully hit your house Christmas eve via USPS express mail if your serial # ends in 748..

If you give me the heads up & can spare $20.00 I can do yours before shipping. smile.png

Hey Pauly... Yea that's me with the Op-rod install and YES I will send another $20 if you could mod my trigger.

Pauly actually called while I was typing this post and agreed to mod my trigger. If there is a better man than Pauly out there I would be extremely surprised.

If you give me the heads up & can spare $20.00 I can do yours before shipping. smile.png

Hey Pauly... Yea that's me with the Op-rod install and YES I will send another $20 if you could mod my trigger.

Pauly actually called while I was typing this post and agreed to mod my trigger. If there is a better man than Pauly out there I would be extremely surprised.

Hey, don't worry about the $20.00.

My mill was already set up for it, so it's already done. Only took me a couple minuets since I just had to throw it in & twist some handles after doing the last one.

Merry Christmas. 034.gif

Okay, you've caught my interest.

Single or two stage?

Would it be a option to have part of the curve taken out of the G2?

How much?

I suppose I could just start offering full FCG jobs as a stand alone with that for $35.00 for customer supplied units.

If people want the curve lessened I can throw that in, but finishing would raise the price unless the customer wanted to re-blue it on their own because to lessen the curve I'd have to heat form it & my torch will remove the bluing.

Also, my triggers are single stage.

I really personally dislike 2 stage triggers in a shotgun.

Basic side by side;

008.jpg

Further refined & polished (if you can't tell you're watching this process develop in real-time) ;

011.jpg

Talk about an improvement on trigger "feel"

On the bottom picture the corner no longer digs into your finger when firing from the hip. smile.png

I'll be doing that part to them polished or not.

BTW; Rocky Mt....

Polished yours up while I was at it.

If you want it duller, just cold-blue it, but the polished edges feel so good it's like a fingergasim so I just had to throw that in after comparing how the stock vs grooved vs grooved & polished felt side by side..... ^_^

• Like 1

Dam you! Thats some very good looking work. Sending you my bolt and trigger is my next mod. Having given the bolt the best I can with my Dremel, its no where near as nice as your stuff...thats some good work.

Whats your turn around time once you get the bolt and trigger?

Edited by robfromga

Whats your turn around time once you get the bolt and trigger?

Impossible to predict. It constantly changes, but it's generally one of the quickest from what I understand.

When one does all custom 1-off work & refuses to send out anything that they wouldn't want posted in an advertisement, one can't compromise, so nailing a specific number of days isn't possible, so I throw a ballpark time out there to answer the question when the guy's ready to go, but it could be shorter, could be longer, just depending on what goes wrong or how smooth everything goes & how many orders show up before the guy I just spoke with's parts do.

Pm me when you're interested & I'll be able to give a more accurate time frame than in general on a thread that's going to be around for a while.

Basic side by side;

008.jpg

Further refined & polished (if you can't tell you're watching this process develop in real-time) ;

011.jpg

Talk about an improvement on trigger "feel"

On the bottom picture the corner no longer digs into your finger when firing from the hip. smile.png

I'll be doing that part to them polished or not.

BTW; Rocky Mt....

Polished yours up while I was at it.

If you want it duller, just cold-blue it, but the polished edges feel so good it's like a fingergasim so I just had to throw that in after comparing how the stock vs grooved vs grooved & polished felt side by side..... happy.png

OMG Pauly that is sweeeet! Can't wait to finger it. You DA Man

Thanks everybody. 032.gif

I had a feeling it'd probably be well received.

I think I'll polish them all that I do the advanced work to & look into setting up a little bluing station in the near future for the people who want it blued.

The polishing deburs it a little bit & makes it feel really good while improving trigger control.

Ever since I got the S-12 I've longed for a trigger more like my 1917 Edystone Enfield 30-.06.

It's elegant & just feels so sweet. People don't seem to make anything like them any longer.

I'd looked around & the Texas AK trigger lever is better than nothing, but the steel is softer than the Tapco & the lines don't feel as good as I wanted, so when a customer requested it, I took it on, not having the slightest idea how I was going to do it efficiently.

I'm pleased how it turned out to say the least.

It really completes the feel when going for a high end trigger. smile.png

Don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, I'm just pretty excited being as I've been desiring a high end feeling trigger for a long time now... I didn't figure I'd be the one doing it though.

It's just one of those things I stumbled into because I was motivated by a customer's request to do something I've longed for anyhow but never got around to trying. happy.png

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess I will be sending you the bolt, carrier and the entire FCG from my PSL in a few months, Pauly. Mmmmm, buttery smooth trigger that's like a glass rod breaking. Fingergasm indeed.

Got my parts including new trigger mod back from Pauly and shot 100 rds through it last week. All I can tell you Scott is Yes you should, and Yes it is.