Will my stock and grip work / Paint question

OK, After doing some research, Im thinking the conversion is well worth the while. My 2 questions are

1- will my tapco collapsible stock with saw PG (unconverted style) still work after the conversion. If so, money saved til i can upgrade. If so ,can I buy the kit without stck and grip.

2- Seen alot of beautiful paint jobs here. Never used duracoat or brownells gunkote but my bud swears by it. Im worried that the safety will scratch the finish up like the factory paint has. Maybe someone has used either paints and can chime in. Thanks for any help. New and still learning learning learning.

the safety is going to scratch the finish no matter what

If you don't want the scratch, stick with AR's. If it is an AK it will have the scratch!

You could drill the dimple out and replace it with one of the nylon plugs like some use to fill the receiver holes.

If you have the T6 non-conversion stock: the STOCK will work afterwards still, but the pistol grip will not without modification(I have not modified the grip, but have heard of folks doing it). I had the T6 stock before I converted, and it's still wearing it now. It's not fancy and the LOP can be ridiculously long if you extend it all the way out (I guess that could be a plus for some folks), but it works OK if you can't drop the coin for an new stock. smile.png