• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cracks me up how people will go on about "blowing shit up" and how they are dying to shoot a belt-fed shotgun and on and on, and then in the next thread rag on Will for having a Cajun accent and doing

Lol. They posted this shit all over their Facebooks. If you don't want people in your business, don't post it on the world wide web.

Man, people just make drama out of everything dont they?   Sometimes, its good to just keep your mouth shut, and mind your own business.

Posted Images

The thread on this at Arfcom has some funny shit in it, but I take all internet posts with a grain of salt...

Some funny stuff indeed.

Someone now started a new thread about TMZ (yeah, I know, you can't get any more "gossipy" than TMZ) airing a story about this whole thing with Vince leaving, and how Will and Steph could no longer hold an FFL due to some discrepancies in a 2009 (?) ATF audit.

No idea on if any of that stuff is true................but even Steph acknowledged that Vince is indeed starting up his own business, in an FB reply to someone else's post. Mesa Kinetic Research LLC. It doesn't necessarily mean he left RJ entirely, though. Who knows.

Best of luck to Vince, and here's to hoping everything else is worked out, or just isn't true.

Didn't check on that thread on for about 8 hours and boy did it take off. Can't believe TMZ published about it on their website though lol damn.

Yep best of luck to Vince.

That television 'program' lost my viewing patronage during the first season when Will came on and implied that he was the first guy to suppress a Saiga S12 here in the U.S., when anyone that knows jack regarding the S12 here, knows that Tony Rumore developed the first suppressed S12 years earlier.

Not full of myself enough to put an entertainment show down, watched a few episodes while traveling, especially enjoyed the one's with Tony. Live off grid with no cable and dish internet at private residence. Has person bitching about price been ignorant of price increase of basic weapon platform/parts/labor? Got 1st Tromix conversion with many custom mods for around $900 in 06, same weapon today is well over $1,500 besides the additional $300 of features I've added. Couple of .308's by Red Jacket ran around $1,200 to $1,400. Same weapons today would be 25 to 30% more. Do you work for same wages you did 5 years ago? Been grocery shopping lately? Especially with added business expenses beyond your control. Sorry for those who have a Hard On against Red Jacket. The basic model Fn Fal I built 8 years ago would be at least 50% more for quality parts, let alone my added expenses. Most of the forum builders use to have time to bs on phone about a build, most don't now. Do you really think people who live in Jersey are like "Jersey Shore"? Or that "Ice Road Truckers" has that much drama everyday? Realize the general public is dumbed downed, but come on, being just a little full of oneself ? I take the show for what it is. Good or bad or spend your viewing time elsewhere. Ratings will determine it's success or failure. If I use Red Jacket or others on a future build, it's a custom build cost versus my time to build.

Um, if not caring for a particular programming format makes me "full of myself" then I guess I'm guilty. Silly me, I was under the impression that a favorable impression of any given show wasn't mandatory. I know better now. I definitely don't have an erection for the show, it just doesn't interest me, that's all. Given that, it could either be #1 or get cancelled tomorrow and it wouldn't make any difference to me. Apparently, Vince now feels the same way.

As to "Jersey Shore" and Ice Road Truckers" I wouldn't know one way or the other, as I don't watch them. Uh oh, guess I'm even fuller of myself. I'd better stop now.

Not full of myself enough to put an entertainment show down, watched a few episodes while traveling, especially enjoyed the one's with Tony. Live off grid with no cable and dish internet at private residence. Has person bitching about price been ignorant of price increase of basic weapon platform/parts/labor? Got 1st Tromix conversion with many custom mods for around $900 in 06, same weapon today is well over $1,500 besides the additional $300 of features I've added. Couple of .308's by Red Jacket ran around $1,200 to $1,400. Same weapons today would be 25 to 30% more. Do you work for same wages you did 5 years ago? Been grocery shopping lately? Especially with added business expenses beyond your control. Sorry for those who have a Hard On against Red Jacket. The basic model Fn Fal I built 8 years ago would be at least 50% more for quality parts, let alone my added expenses. Most of the forum builders use to have time to bs on phone about a build, most don't now. Do you really think people who live in Jersey are like "Jersey Shore"? Or that "Ice Road Truckers" has that much drama everyday? Realize the general public is dumbed downed, but come on, being just a little full of oneself ? I take the show for what it is. Good or bad or spend your viewing time elsewhere. Ratings will determine it's success or failure. If I use Red Jacket or others on a future build, it's a custom build cost versus my time to build.

Um, if not caring for a particular programming format makes me "full of myself" then I guess I'm guilty. Silly me, I was under the impression that a favorable impression of any given show wasn't mandatory. I know better now. I definitely don't have an erection for the show, it just doesn't interest me, that's all. Given that, it could either be #1 or get cancelled tomorrow and it wouldn't make any difference to me. Apparently, Vince now feels the same way.

As to "Jersey Shore" and Ice Road Truckers" I wouldn't know one way or the other, as I don't watch them. Uh oh, guess I'm even fuller of myself. I'd better stop now.

It was the attitude some took, about Will and Red Jacket and anyone involved in it. Didn't EVER say anyone had to LIKE it, myself, only seen a few shows as stated. 10 mins of "Jersey Shore", Few "Ice Roads". If general public is soooo stupid that they think this is anymore than entertainment. What a clueless society we have. GET IT NOW. (REALLY THINK THIS SHOW DETERMINES SOCIETIES ATTITUDE ABOUT GUN OWNERS). With gun ownership and sales numbers exploding. Not if you like it or not, so I guess you are trying to JUST be an ass, and twist what was stated in black and white, which is your right. Second, and MAIN point was the ignorance being stated about quality of builds, or related costs increases, Third, never mentioned Vince, never dealt with him, don't know him except by few episodes that I did see. So, got to roll eyes and chuckle now. LOL

Sounds like a Soap Opera.

http://savethegun.wo...of-guns-update/

Sons of Guns Update

Posted on 12/25/2011

Since my last post about Red Jacket Firearms, I decided to look into the rumors and fact check the TMZ report.

Well, it turns out that Vincent Buckles has left Red Jacket and has started his own company, Mesa Kinetic Research.

According to the Louisiana Secretary of State’s website, the officers are Joseph Meaux and Charles Watson (with Vincent having resigned on 6/8/2011) .

screen-grab.jpg?w=640&h=359

According to GunBroker.com, the Red Jacket Firearms FFL is now in the hands of Joe Meaux.

screen-shot-2011-12-26-at-10-59-15-am.png?w=640

Edited by ChileRelleno

i wouldn't let it affect my opinion of their work, just about everything on the show is made up for public entertainment,

* Yelling at staff for wanting to use precise measurements.

* Claiming to "invent" things that have been around for decades

* Claiming nothing is scripted when this is public knowledge

* Faking scenes, ly*cough* "misinforming" people about what is being done (D.E becomes Beretta

* General disregard of gun safety.

-- I've never seen wil pick up a gun w/o his finger hitting the trigger first thing

-- wil shouldered a long gun and pointed it at staff in one episode.

-- misc. other muzzle control issues.

Nope NOTHING there to make me second guess their integrity, and skill or make me change my "opinion of their work".

what the hell does that shit on the show have to do with the quality of their work? i could care less if i saw him load up a gun and stick it in an employees mouth, still has nothing to do with the quality of their work. everything on the show is discovery bs

leoandnotasinglefuckwas.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This!

I like the show. I like watching the regular gun builds mostly, not so much the flame cannons and such but normal stuff like the 1000yd AK and the line of guns for women and the AR episode.

Maybe Im in the minority of gun owners with a brain and can decipher the made for TV bull shit. Like for instance when Will loaded the arrow into the 410 and shot it over his daughters head and played it off like its the first time they did that. If any of you think that truly was spontaneous, then you truly will simply never get it. Its TV for fucks sake. Its not billed as an educational show although, I have learned things from it. Mostly from watching and then spurring me to research further. Cant remember a show I watched on TV that brought out so many dumb fuck, know everything critics. The majority of "noobs" that join here and just talk shit in their posts about Red Jacket, I suspect are Airsoft Rambos and have no clue what they are saying.

To top it off Will seems to be a good guy from what I can tell here and I think it is cool as hell the guys from the shop chime in and answer tech questions now and again. He is doing well and his business is booming. I dont know why everyone tries to slam him every chance they get.

One thing I will say for the show, is that it introduced me to the Saigas, a new hobby and have even expanded my gun collection because of it. So watch it, dont watch it, buy from RJF or dont, but for pete's sake shut the fuck up about it........000.gif

Edited by JaredC
  • Like 3

Well, before the show existed, Will used to answer the phone at the shop pretty regularly. When I first got my 8" Red Jacket SBS, second-hand, I managed to fuck it up pretty badly - broken bolt carrier. Will answered all of my questions, fixed the gun under warranty, and refinished it for free because he "wanted me to have the new gun experience." I also spoke to Vince briefly about the fucked up carrier - he was professional, knowledgeable and friendly.

Whatever bullshit you may see on the idiot box is just that - bullshit. If you think Will spontaneously picked up a long gun and pointed it at someone in the shop, you are incorrect. I'm certain it was done at the behest of producers, after being made safe by several people, as is done on any television show or movie when a firearm is pointed at a human being for dramatic purposes.

Disregard the bullshit, and know - Will's a good guy. All I had was a brief first impression, but Vince seems like a good guy too. Beyond that, their business is just that - their business.

• Like 4

Sometimes it sounds like a bunch of septuagenarian old women who ran out of prunes when the mean spirited gossip gets to flying around here!

Grow a pair, your man cards are in danger of being revoked. Men wait until they have the facts before speaking. Old women just bitch about everything whether they know what they are talking about or not. "Engage brain before opening mouth".

When gossip becomes the main focus of discussion, then we are no longer a gun board, but just another BS waste of bandwidth!

What does ANY of this BS have to do with GUNS??????

• Like 7

ROFL "What does ANY of this BS have to do with GUNS??????" fits the show sometimes. I am waiting to hear from Will on what went down, if he ever feels like letting us know. The only thing that concerned me was the nine missing guns. I have never been in the gun making buissness, so I do not know what kind of issue could cause that. Maybe Tony or Ruffian72 can clear up my confusion.

chamber12

* Yelling at staff for wanting to use precise measurements.

what the hell does that shit on the show have to do with the quality of their work?

You may want to consider decaf.. and using the shift key. It's really not that hard.

Lets see. What could measuring have to do with quality of machine work? hmmm ...

You know what? You're 100% right. Accurate measurements have no place in the world of firearms. You got me. You win. o.O

everything on the show is discovery

Can I get the English version?

discovery channel dumbass, and the fact that the entire show is scripted pretty much means everything on it doesn't mean shit

If it were me I would have pushed a little harder to not be filmed objecting to measuring head space. That is bound to adversely affect people's opinions of your work and raise eyebrows of potential customers. The show has lowered my opinion of red jacket, even accounting for the fact that other people can piece together content as they see fit to best entertain the masses.

• Like 1

Might just be taking some time off to hone his football shooting skills, as I recall that was a pretty poor showing.

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/sons-of-guns-skeet-football-showdown.html

More likely he’d like to concentrate more on just plain old gunsmithing not a acting career.

Good luck Vince and to the crew at Red Jacket.

It was the attitude some took, about Will and Red Jacket and anyone involved in it. Didn't EVER say anyone had to LIKE it, myself, only seen a few shows as stated. 10 mins of "Jersey Shore", Few "Ice Roads". If general public is soooo stupid that they think this is anymore than entertainment. What a clueless society we have. GET IT NOW. (REALLY THINK THIS SHOW DETERMINES SOCIETIES ATTITUDE ABOUT GUN OWNERS). With gun ownership and sales numbers exploding. Not if you like it or not, so I guess you are trying to JUST be an ass, and twist what was stated in black and white, which is your right. Second, and MAIN point was the ignorance being stated about quality of builds, or related costs increases, Third, never mentioned Vince, never dealt with him, don't know him except by few episodes that I did see. So, got to roll eyes and chuckle now. LOL

Your previous statements imply that I'm general public and stupid, that I'm a newbie to weaponry and the saiga and that I am wrong about the price increase and quality of build. Well Jar Head, Your generalizations limit your capacity. Red Jacket conversions are as good as I could do in My own shop. They are NOT gunsmiths but machinists. There are several actual gunsmiths that make their work look like something that would have come out of my shop after several beers. The television program gave them credit based on fame not function or quality of worksmanship. In the history of gunbroker, you can find the old weapons they sold at bargain basement prices and you can also see the quality of work that was done. Polish a turd if you want.

Their representation of the shooting sports community is very negative. They portray this industry as a free for all automatic fuck fest. Liberals love shows like this. You have a bunch of sloppy pigs that dress up like a biker gang converting russian rifles in a small garage driving around in a red neck tacticool truck. What a way to create a positive image for the shooting sports industry.

Fuck Red Jacket and the Horse they rode in on.

Pull your head out of your ass Jar head.

• Like 4

Sometimes it sounds like a bunch of septuagenarian old women who ran out of prunes when the mean spirited gossip gets to flying around here!

Grow a pair, your man cards are in danger of being revoked. Men wait until they have the facts before speaking. Old women just bitch about everything whether they know what they are talking about or not. "Engage brain before opening mouth".

When gossip becomes the main focus of discussion, then we are no longer a gun board, but just another BS waste of bandwidth!

What does ANY of this BS have to do with GUNS??????

lololllll your man cards are in danger of being revoked

i cant believe i wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this thread..

• Like 1