• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cracks me up how people will go on about "blowing shit up" and how they are dying to shoot a belt-fed shotgun and on and on, and then in the next thread rag on Will for having a Cajun accent and doing

Lol. They posted this shit all over their Facebooks. If you don't want people in your business, don't post it on the world wide web.

Man, people just make drama out of everything dont they?   Sometimes, its good to just keep your mouth shut, and mind your own business.

Posted Images

On Arfcom? Yeah, I read some of it last night at work. Sounds like a big ol' mess. Something about Will and Steph were barred from being FFL's at some point, so Vince was actually the FFL for Red Jacket. Then he quit, RJ bought him out of his share of RJ. Vince apparently has his own shop opening up soon (there's a link to his new shop's website in the Arfcom thread). Sounds like hot mess of drama.

A bunch of the stuff posted on all of their Facebook accounts last night have been deleted. Some within minutes of being posted, but one guy was copy/pasting all the stuff from FB into the Arfcom thread, lol.

EDIT: I'm not saying any of this is true. Just what I read, and you know what they say about what you read on the internet...........

Edited by -Shooter-

Man, people just make drama out of everything dont they?

Sometimes, its good to just keep your mouth shut, and mind your own business.

Lol. They posted this shit all over their Facebooks. If you don't want people in your business, don't post it on the world wide web.

• Like 9

Word now is that Vince's Facebook was hacked.

All of that aside.............his new side business does seem to be legit; Mesa Kinetic <something or another>. Pretty cool. From what I can see on the show, he seems like a knowledgeable guy. Would like to see what sort of services/products he plans on bringing out.

I give Red Jacket credit for pitching their tv show and getting it on the tube. Good idea.

But the entire concept of the show detracts from their credibility as a firearms business IMHO. The show seems to be "lets see what kind of crazy shit we can do", not lets make workmanship and innovation the focus of our conversions. That said, the show is entertaining - just don't think they would get my consideration when looking for my next firearm...

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 2

But the entire concept of the show detracts from their credibility as a firearms business IMHO. The show seems to be "lets see what kind of crazy shit we can do", not lets make workmanship and innovation the focus of our conversions. That said, the show is entertaining - just don't think they would get my consideration when looking for my next firearm...

i wouldn't let it affect my opinion of their work, just about everything on the show is made up for public entertainment, and so far i haven't seen anyone disappointed by their work

• Like 3

The thread on this at Arfcom has some funny shit in it, but I take all internet posts with a grain of salt...

Some funny stuff indeed.

Someone now started a new thread about TMZ (yeah, I know, you can't get any more "gossipy" than TMZ) airing a story about this whole thing with Vince leaving, and how Will and Steph could no longer hold an FFL due to some discrepancies in a 2009 (?) ATF audit.

No idea on if any of that stuff is true................but even Steph acknowledged that Vince is indeed starting up his own business, in an FB reply to someone else's post. Mesa Kinetic Research LLC. It doesn't necessarily mean he left RJ entirely, though. Who knows.

Best of luck to Vince, and here's to hoping everything else is worked out, or just isn't true.

"Mesa Kinetic Kinetic research is owned and operated by Vincent Buckles and Jake Guidry. Our goal is to provide superior information and products in a world where many companies value the dollar over virtue."

TMZ is too damn funny http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/23/sons-of-guns-atf-william-hayden-firearms/#.TvSOF_mImPU

Edited by Dad2142Dad

Yeah, I saw that TMZ article, and wondered if its true or not?

Reading it it would appear that Vince is the actual operator of RJF since 2009?

LMAO, if its true.

The show is all in the business of show business/entertainment, anyone who thinks the normal day to day operations of the shop would be entertaining to the mindless masses, is one of the masses.

Sons of Guns' Stars -- Punished By the Feds for MAJOR Firearms Violations

The star of the Discovery reality show "Sons of Guns" has been forced to surrender his Federal Firearm License after government officials discovered a bunch of his weapons had mysteriously gone missing ... TMZ has learned.

The man caught in the crosshairs is a famous gunsmith named William Hayden -- who founded Red Jacket Firearms in Baton Rouge Louisiana ... and hired his daughter Stephanie to help run the business.

Things went swimmingly until 2009 ... when the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms conducted a routine inspection of RJF and discovered 10 guns registered to the company could not be accounted for ... a big, BIG problem.

We're told the feds pinned the blame on William and Stephanie -- and were looking to take serious action that could have resulted in the end of RJF. But law enforcement sources tell us ... the Hayden's struck a deal with feds in 2010, in which the two agreed to surrender their gun-making licenses ... and in exchange, they could appoint a LICENSED person to take over the company. It didn't take long for William and Stephanie to pick their successor ... they went with Vincent Buckles (pictured left) -- another gunsmith often featured on the reality show.

William and Stephanie went back to work for the company -- but since they are no longer allowed to own the gun business, they are working as employees.

Reps for the Haydens, RJF and Discovery all had no comment.

TMZ has learned Vincent Buckles has since left the company -- and two other licensed people are currently in charge of the business.

Is red jacket now considered a premium converter now that they have a TV show? I know them as discount converters previous to the show. Has much changed?

I watched a few episodes and couldn't stand to watch it anymore.

Will was/is a premium convertor before the show. 100% back up of all work. Have Tromix, Cadiz, and a couple other custom builds by forum business members here, besides a couple Red Jackets. Some have done mass builds for different suppliers, EX: Atlantic carries at times mass builds, nothing wrong with this, gets basic models into more hands quickly. Got a couple Krebs custom builds, they no longer do custom work, just quantity runs. Hasn't hurt quality, just got tired of the mall ninja/whinner mentality that some customers have. Myself, I did custom FN FAL builds/reworks, for a number of years, word of mouth kept me more than busy, so I give credit to those who have the patience for custom builds and put their personal resources and reputation on the line.
  • Like 1

Looking at the LLC Registration, Vince is the agent and Vince, Charlie and Joe are the officers of Red Jacket Firearms, LLC.

Vince is also the agent for Mesa.

Just public information. Has nothing to do with the fact that Red Jacket builds quality firearms.

Edited by kstevenson

Is red jacket now considered a premium converter now that they have a TV show? I know them as discount converters previous to the show. Has much changed?

I watched a few episodes and couldn't stand to watch it anymore.

Will was/is a premium convertor before the show. 100% back up of all work. Have Tromix, Cadiz, and a couple other custom builds by forum business members here, besides a couple Red Jackets. Some have done mass builds for different suppliers, EX: Atlantic carries at times mass builds, nothing wrong with this, gets basic models into more hands quickly. Got a couple Krebs custom builds, they no longer do custom work, just quantity runs. Hasn't hurt quality, just got tired of the mall ninja/whinner mentality that some customers have. Myself, I did custom FN FAL builds/reworks, for a number of years, word of mouth kept me more than busy, so I give credit to those who have the patience for custom builds and put their personal resources and reputation on the line.

sure... and their prices doubled after the show and the new web page. a few years ago when i was researching builders, they were the bargain basement bottom. their show makes gun owners look like a bunch of crazy fucking nuts. to hell with them all. we don't need an image like that.

Which ones Vince?

The competent red headed guy with the beard.

vince-buckles-400x400.jpg

Thanks, I was being semi-serious. The problem with all reality type shows is the pervasive need to falsely over dramatize things. I watched a few episodes and decided in a hurry that people weren't being given due respect and courtesy. While I understand the compulsive need to slam fellow human beings in order to keep ratings up, that isn't the real world. I wouldn't do it to others nor tolerate it being done to me. Anyone who would do either I can only feel sorry for. The unreal timelines to get everything done was also a turnoff.

Personally, I would prefer a more technically focused program rather than ad nauseam drama and bouncing around a few highlights of what is actually being done with the weapons. The "thousand yard AK" comes to mind. Whatever. If it keeps their ratings up, more power to them. I'll just go elsewhere.

Not full of myself enough to put an entertainment show down, watched a few episodes while traveling, especially enjoyed the one's with Tony. Live off grid with no cable and dish internet at private residence. Has person bitching about price been ignorant of price increase of basic weapon platform/parts/labor? Got 1st Tromix conversion with many custom mods for around $900 in 06, same weapon today is well over $1,500 besides the additional $300 of features I've added. Couple of .308's by Red Jacket ran around $1,200 to $1,400. Same weapons today would be 25 to 30% more. Do you work for same wages you did 5 years ago? Been grocery shopping lately? Especially with added business expenses beyond your control. Sorry for those who have a Hard On against Red Jacket. The basic model Fn Fal I built 8 years ago would be at least 50% more for quality parts, let alone my added expenses. Most of the forum builders use to have time to bs on phone about a build, most don't now. Do you really think people who live in Jersey are like "Jersey Shore"? Or that "Ice Road Truckers" has that much drama everyday? Realize the general public is dumbed downed, but come on, being just a little full of oneself ? I take the show for what it is. Good or bad or spend your viewing time elsewhere. Ratings will determine it's success or failure. If I use Red Jacket or others on a future build, it's a custom build cost versus my time to build.