Hey all,

This has been burning my brain for a while now! Has anyone had their BCG and or FCG in their AK/Saiga's Nickel Boron coated? I have a Spikes Nickel Boron BCG/FCG in my AR and I LOVE IT! it has never failed me as nothing really sticks to it such as carbon deposits and you can run it virtually lube free if you were in a pinch.

We all know that AK's are the TANKS of the assault rifle family and there isnt really anything you can do to make them much more reliable than they already are, but I was thinking about taking all my Saiga's and having this done for my own piece of mind, but I want some oppinions...

also, who offers this service? Im not sure Fail Zero (FZ) will take in outside parts if they did not make or coat them...

thanX,

-RR

Rifle Dynamics used to do the whole rifle. I got my Draco SBR done in it. They did the whole barreled receiver, and BCG in it. I think they have just gone down to doing the BCG now. It's really nice and slick, and weather resistant. I just use the smallest drop of grease here and there on it, and it just wipes clean after a trip to the range.

gallery_14197_715_633246.jpg

• Like 1

I've never really done that to any of mine nor do I know anyone who does just the coating. I run all of my AKs dry as oil is a carbon dirt dust and grime magnet. Pretty much runs flawless anyway. I do the same with my ARs and pistols. The DI AR usually needs cleaning after I've shot it anyway, the piston AR is a short stroke one so the carbon deposits will be near the gas block.

Never really have thought much about it. Never really saw much of a need for it.

I've never really done that to any of mine nor do I know anyone who does just the coating. I run all of my AKs dry as oil is a carbon dirt dust and grime magnet. Pretty much runs flawless anyway. I do the same with my ARs and pistols. The DI AR usually needs cleaning after I've shot it anyway, the piston AR is a short stroke one so the carbon deposits will be near the gas block.

Never really have thought much about it. Never really saw much of a need for it.

So, you like causing needless wear and tear on your rifles huh? AK or not, they still need SOME lube

Edited by RoughRider666

Rifle Dynamics used to do the whole rifle. I got my Draco SBR done in it. They did the whole barreled receiver, and BCG in it. I think they have just gone down to doing the BCG now. It's really nice and slick, and weather resistant. I just use the smallest drop of grease here and there on it, and it just wipes clean after a trip to the range.

gallery_14197_715_633246.jpg

This is one of the slickest Draco builds I have ever seen.

I just got a Draco myself and hope you don't mind me stealing most of your ideas.

After all, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

• Like 1

This is one of the slickest Draco builds I have ever seen.

I just got a Draco myself and hope you don't mind me stealing most of your ideas.

After all, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Be my guest. I have all the parts I used listed out in my Gallery. I love the Ultimak and Kvar handguard combo, but also take a look at Midwest Industries new MI-AK-SS Handguard. And just a note, if you are going to use a co-witnessed red dot, you might want to have the full front sight hood cut down into "wings". It gets really "busy" right there, and I wanted to mention it before you had any refinishing done just in case.

• Like 1

So, you like causing needless wear and tear on your rifles huh? AK or not, they still need SOME lube

Roughrider666-Fail Zeros components list "50,000 lube-free rounds on AR-15s".......He'll be just fine. Technology is upon us, you can run back in time or embrace it.

Roughrider666-Fail Zeros components list "50,000 lube-free rounds on AR-15s".......He'll be just fine. Technology is upon us, you can run back in time or embrace it.

Yarp, my man, I believe you missed something in the above conversation biggrin.png :

• Roughrider666 is interested in applying the Fail-Zero to his AK.
  • ShadowFire is advocating running stock AK's dry, with no lube.

• Like 1
This is one of the slickest Draco builds I have ever seen. I just got a Draco myself and hope you don't mind me stealing most of your ideas. After all, imitation is the highest form of flattery.
Be my guest. I have all the parts I used listed out in my Gallery. I love the Ultimak and Kvar handguard combo, but also take a look at Midwest Industries new MI-AK-SS Handguard. And just a note, if you are going to use a co-witnessed red dot, you might want to have the full front sight hood cut down into "wings". It gets really "busy" right there, and I wanted to mention it before you had any refinishing done just in case.

I already downloaded the photos and list from your gallery. Like I said, I really like what you did.

Thanks for the heads up on the Midwest industries Handguard and the co-witness info,

I have a feeling its going to be a long term project as it will be my first NFA and I haven't even started getting the paperwork together.

I needed a new project anyway.

Thanks again for the info. I reserve the right to pick your brain at a future date if that's OK with you.

Yarp, my man, I believe you missed something in the above conversation biggrin.png :

• Roughrider666 is interested in applying the Fail-Zero to his AK.
  • ShadowFire is advocating running stock AK's dry, with no lube.

Nope, I caught it all I'm just giving an example. I'm only speaking on what I own and have knowledge on (AR Pistol), I don't own an AK with this done so I'm only guessing that it could go even more rounds. I was stating that if the situation arises where you've lost your lube or don't have time to break down a weapon you could push it further if needed. Some all day classes are pretty round count heavy and you don't have time to do a good cleaning, this helps. I wasn't being snide towards roughrider666 if that's the way it was taken just sleapy and should have typed all this instead.

I put two bottles of lube in seperate mag pouches and used to run all my ARs pretty wet. Since getting fail zero I use it more to clean after firing. I also keep it pretty dry and have had zero FTE, FTFs that weren't mag related since I've been using this system. In short I'd like to use it on all my guns, it's neat stuff.

Your AK is a beautiful peice of work!big_smile.gif

It's an AK. Piss down the gas port and barrel when it's hot to remove any buildup. Add ammo and fire.

Mah attah shmolanit?

מה אתה שמאלנית?

I'm not perfect at Hebrew but I could swear you just asked if I was a liberal? I'm allowed to swear, ya know.

I've actually used urine in a bottle to clean out an ak75. it works better than water on the corrosive primed ammunition.

Edited by storm6490

It's an AK. Piss down the gas port and barrel when it's hot to remove any buildup. Add ammo and fire.

Mah attah shmolanit?

מה אתה שמאלנית?

I'm not perfect at Hebrew but I could swear you just asked if I was a liberal? I'm allowed to swear, ya know.

I've actually used urine in a bottle to clean out an ak75. it works better than water on the corrosive primed ammunition.

Ha. It was a joke. Just making sure you were not flying orange flags. I know what you mean with using urine to clean weapons. The smell is terrible though. Actually a leftist not a liberal but close my Brother.

Edited by TapeWorm3
  • Like 1

Mah attah shmolanit?

מה אתה שמאלנית?

Ha. It was a joke. Just making sure you were not flying orange flags. I know what you mean with using urine to clean weapons. The smell is terrible though. Actually a leftist not a liberal but close my Brother.

Actually it says are you a leftist (female)?