Atlantic Firearms SSAK 47 New video

thats awesome, but isnt excessive bump firing a semi-auto bad for the gun?

Why would that be?

A FA and a semi are essentially the same as far as the gas system and barrel goes; so no issues there. The only difference is in the bolt carrier (FA is slightly different to cause it to trip the disconnect when chambered) and FCG.

I suppose you could argue that wear will build up on the parts faster when bumping. This is true. But the wear should be essentially the same if you fire 10k rds slow fire or 10k rounds bumping. In either case, but the time you shoot enough ammo to wear down the steel, you'll have spent substantially more money on the ammo than on the gun, FCG parts, and the stock combined. So who cares?

I can't think of any reason why it would be bad for the gun.

I still just think this thing is kinda dumb... mellow.png

Then be glad there is no Obama SlideFire Care program that will force you to by one against your will.

Does anyone know if it will work on the .410. I would like to pair this up with the promag 30 round drum.

The sliding stock should fit on any converted Saiga or normally set up AK variant. The technology itself will allow bumping on a .22LR on the AR platform, so I'm sure your .410 will kick enough to work.

It's all about your front grip and how much pressure you apply. With .22LR you need a very light front grip as you can actually prevent the action from sliding back enough to reset the trigger with that tiny round.

So its 300 bones for a plastic stock that slides and is made in the USA, or overseas?

That 12 is kicking his butt! Get that chicken wing down. His eyes looked like they were about to pop!

Yeah, it looked like the Saiga 12 was getting with him.

I'm wondering if the necessity to allow the weapon to go back and forth like that will prohibit the use of low base bulk ammo? Looks like it would. My main goal for use of this stock would be to run through bulk ammo like I've lost my mind.... and spew molten plastic from my favorite S12.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if the necessity to allow the weapon to go back and forth like that will prohibit the use of low base bulk ammo? Looks like it would. My main goal for use of this stock would be to run through bulk ammo like I've lost my mind.... and spew molten plastic from my favorite S12.

I think it would work with low brass. The AR slidefire works on a .22LR - low brass is weak, but not that weak.

I think it would work with low brass. The AR slidefire works on a .22LR - low brass is weak, but not that weak.

Understood. I will still have to see this thing working with some low base loads like Rem Sport, Fed Multi, or Win Universal before I buy one. I already have a 'host' S12 picked out ;) I eagerly await some low base load video. This thing looks like fun!

Understood. I will still have to see this thing working with some low base loads like Rem Sport, Fed Multi, or Win Universal before I buy one. I already have a 'host' S12 picked out wink.png I eagerly await some low base load video. This thing looks like fun!

Well, I have a stock on order. It's meant for my AK74, but I will definitely be trying it out with my S12. Video will be a problem, since I don't have a camera - but at least I'll be able to confirm one way or another. If it works well and is controllable with #4 buck, I'll pick up another for the S12. Probably get the barrel chopped and a Tromix monster brake welded on too - just to make it a big, black chunk of evil.

• Like 1

So its 300 bones for a plastic stock that slides and is made in the USA, or overseas?

It's made in the USA.

I agree that it is pricey. I farted around with making my own a few times, and while it all worked - it wasn't very comfy and I was never able to make a locking mechanism that I was happy with no really get the sliding as smooth as I wanted. For $300 for a ready-made product, and no more cuts and cussing trying to get it done, I'm OK with the price.

Does this stock need a tang to mount? Mine is gone.

Yes. Needs a tang mount.

I just got my stock in and mounted it up to my AK74 and S12. Both guns have some mild issues.

The rear of the Saiga receiver does not exactly match the plastic interface block. It mounts up flush, but the end result is that the tube that the stock rides on ends up being canted upwards at a slight angle. Not enough to make it feel unusable, but enough that the PG is angled down away from the receiver and it looks unsightly. Oh well. You don't by these things for their stunning looks anyhow, right?

The interface block also required some minor fitting, both in the area of the trunnion indicated in the documentation with the stock, and in an undocumented location. The interface block has a small rectangular raised area that presses into the receiver's PG hole. This raised area is too big, and wouldn't fit my 5.45 exactly right and that made the angle problems even worse. I solved this by taking it down a small amount where it was binding up with a few passes with a hand file.

As should be expected if you've used the AR version, there is some slop when the stock is locked into position, but the slop here is a bit worse than I seem to remember from my brother's AR. I'll try to have him bring it over tomorrow to confirm.

The buttstock is wide, and short so guys that like a NATO length stock are SOL. The butt is wide, and won't fit in the pocket of my shoulder, but you're not going to chicken-wing this thing anyhow, so the added surface area is actually a plus. It's comfortable, just a bit different.

+1

It doesn't even make the gun look fun to shoot anymore at that point... Its like a 2 step process to fire the gun. Pull the gun forward, then pull the trigger back... You cant shoot slugs, cant hunt with it, cant shoot skeet... maybe zombies? or just waste ammo, and look silly trying to keep it under control.

I fear the start of slide fire/bump stocks are going to be exactly what the ATF is looking for to finish off the ban paperwork on these things.

IMO go class three and do this the legal way. I'm not trying to knock the good work you guys have done, this is definitely something I am sure a lot of people will enjoy and the idea is pretty damn cool, but it sort of worries me.

+1

It doesn't even make the gun look fun to shoot anymore at that point... Its like a 2 step process to fire the gun. Pull the gun forward, then pull the trigger back... You cant shoot slugs, cant hunt with it, cant shoot skeet... maybe zombies? or just waste ammo, and look silly trying to keep it under control.

I fear the start of slide fire/bump stocks are going to be exactly what the ATF is looking for to finish off the ban paperwork on these things.

IMO go class three and do this the legal way. I'm not trying to knock the good work you guys have done, this is definitely something I am sure a lot of people will enjoy and the idea is pretty damn cool, but it sort of worries me.

There is no legitimate way for civilians to "go class 3 and do this the legal way", create, own, or buy a full auto S12. SOTs do not personally own the weapons that they create, the business does. This stock is as close as it gets. Stop worrying. The ATF approved it.... done.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

+1

There is no legitimate way for civilians to "go class 3 and do this the legal way", create, own, or buy a full auto S12. SOTs do not personally own the weapons that they create, the business does. This stock is as close as it gets. Stop worrying. The ATF approved it.... done.

Thats my only real concern... But I highly doubt the ATF will take them away, they would have a tough time prying them from the arms of some owners.

+1

I would ask you to read back into some old, historical threads on this forum. This same line of argument was used when hi-cap mags came out for the S12. The same argument was used when drums started to become available. And yet.. the S12 remains.

The S12, as imported, meets all the criteria that ATF requires. They would be very hard pressed to come up with a reason - even an illogical one - to ban the S12, but not ban, say, a Benelli.

Bump fire devices are now in their second round of ATF approval. The Atkins accelerator was approved - then restricted, because it used a spring. They didn't catch that, and owners of the devices were forced to turn in the springs - but keep the stocks. You can still use the accelerator by applying forward arm pressure. These devices are, essentially, Atkins accelerators w/o the springs. ATF knows all of this, and they are approved.

If this sort of thing is banned, it won't come from ATF. It will come from Congress making some new general ban on assault weapons, hi-cap mags, shoulder-thingies-that-go-up, and maybe they'll throw in some verbiage to make devices which increase the rate of fire illegal. Chances are high existing devices would be grandfathered.

Far more likely is that Mr. Atkins will enforce his patents and either put this company out of business, or the prices will get jacked up even higher to pay him his due royalties.

Either way, for those that have any interest in playing with slidefire stuff.. get 'em while you can, just to be safe.

Is it me or did that guy a little goofy trying to use that stock?

I think I liked the stock more before I saw how it looks and works close-up.

I don't like the loose fit of it on the AK. Looks like quality has gone down, and it doesnt looks like it works as good either (or maybe that was the user?).

Looks good though, i agree it looked like the user was having issues running it," ie" new to using the product. I can do bursts with my ar in any amount i choose. He also wasn't leaning into the s 12 anywhere near as far as he should have. I bump my 107 from the shoulder like that and if i don't lean it in will throw me back.

Edited by MrBoomstick

+1

I would ask you to read back into some old, historical threads on this forum. This same line of argument was used when hi-cap mags came out for the S12. The same argument was used when drums started to become available. And yet.. the S12 remains.

The S12, as imported, meets all the criteria that ATF requires. They would be very hard pressed to come up with a reason - even an illogical one - to ban the S12, but not ban, say, a Benelli.

Bump fire devices are now in their second round of ATF approval. The Atkins accelerator was approved - then restricted, because it used a spring. They didn't catch that, and owners of the devices were forced to turn in the springs - but keep the stocks. You can still use the accelerator by applying forward arm pressure. These devices are, essentially, Atkins accelerators w/o the springs. ATF knows all of this, and they are approved.

If this sort of thing is banned, it won't come from ATF. It will come from Congress making some new general ban on assault weapons, hi-cap mags, shoulder-thingies-that-go-up, and maybe they'll throw in some verbiage to make devices which increase the rate of fire illegal. Chances are high existing devices would be grandfathered.

Far more likely is that Mr. Atkins will enforce his patents and either put this company out of business, or the prices will get jacked up even higher to pay him his due royalties.

Either way, for those that have any interest in playing with slidefire stuff.. get 'em while you can, just to be safe.

There is no way they could make "devices that increase rate of fire" outlawed, you'd have to cut off everyone's fingers... I'm still pretty confident that I can keep up with one of these things with either my AR, or my S-12. Vids will be up in a few weeks...