SSAK-47 Bump Fire Saiga 12 Shotgun Video

We just finished shooting a video review of the SSAK 47 Slide Fire stock on the AK47 / AK74 & Converted Saiga 12 . The stock set is pretty impressive was very fun to shoot , despite the video we were able to keep on target with controlled bump fire technique . We hope to enjoy the video !!!

Atlantic Firearms.com Widest Selection of AK Rifles in the USA .

www.AtlanticFirearms.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZoRECL--40&list=UU2HI0XOmNTM9IU3YJNxw1gg&index=1&feature=plcp

• Like 1

looks cool but how tight is that thing side to side? looks kinda wigley are they leagal in oregon?

Don't forget that the main purpose of this thing is to assist in bump firing. It isn't intended to be a serious or extremely solid stock. When it comes to the intended purpose of this stock, loose is fast.... like NASCAR racing.

• Like 1

Lol i almost tried the ssar15 on my ar 10, but i wussed out.

Tried to do it on my DPMS LR308, the entire upper/lower is longer though (longer BCG for the .308 round???). It would mate up but the trigger is too far forward to work. If you have a descent brake for the .308 it won't punish you that bad.

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like you need a Diy trigger guard that has the same hole spacing and does not have a built in PG nut. You could get a strip of steel 1/2"x 1/8" and put a couple of holes in it for about $2. Or use your OEM trigger guard with a couple of holes in it if you still have that.

We just finished shooting a video review of the SSAK 47 Slide Fire stock on the AK47 / AK74 & Converted Saiga 12 . The stock set is pretty impressive was very fun to shoot , despite the video we were able to keep on target with controlled bump fire technique . We hope to enjoy the video !!!

Atlantic Firearms.com Widest Selection of AK Rifles in the USA .

www.AtlanticFirearms.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZoRECL--40&list=UU2HI0XOmNTM9IU3YJNxw1gg&index=1&feature=plcp

Oh herro...

What would happen to all the ones out there if the ATF does declare them illegal? Just curious how that works....I know there is precedence before, how were those items handled? Could you be grandfathered in somehow?

If they ever did outlaw them they would probably do what they did with the Street Sweepers. I can probably bet that these might be outlawed in the future, i mean look what it can make your gun do!. All it would take is some idiot buying one and going out and commiting a crime. The media would make this thing look as if it were an "evil device" that turns your gun into a fully automatic machinegun.

I wonder if it's possible to fit a spring in the mechanism of the stock to elimanate the need to pull forward with the off hand.

Such things have existed and have been deemed to be machine guns by BATFE, so I'd recommend against it however IANAL

I wonder if it's possible to fit a spring in the mechanism of the stock to elimanate the need to pull forward with the off hand.

That would make it classified as a machine gun.

The reason this stock has been ruled legal is that the entirety of the operation is performed by human energy. If you insert a spring into the stock, mechanical energy from the gun is used, making it an MG.

A good rule of thumb for thinking about this stuff is that if a twist tie wrapped around the back of the PG and over the trigger would let the gun empty a mag - it is illegal. This illustrates that the gun is automatically firing without a human needing to be involved.

Who out there has actually used one of these?

Not somebody trying to sell one but an honest actual real world evaluation would be helpful.

Can you actually on purpose put out a 3rd burst and keep it on target?

Or does the motion of the bumpfire action move it around too much to remain locked on to a silhouette and be accurate at say 30 yds? (7.62x39 AK's)

The one for the ar is one of the funnest toys you will ever own and easy to use. I did get one of these but will havent tested it yet. I will also stick to ak's for these. looks like to much pressure from a 12. Are they shooting low or high brass in the video? The ar15 one is completely controllable, takes a few minutes and you can do 1,2,3 shot nurst and full auto no prob.

Edited by britch999