5.45 from Classic Arms Lately?

I'm looking to order a 5.45 next week. Looks like Classic Arms still has them for a good deal. Anyone get one from them recently and are they dimpled, round or flat trunnion, PG holed? Who's the importer?

Thanks & Merry Christmas

...Chris

Edited by Relsom

UPDATE

I just spoke with both Classic Arms and J&G Sales. The rep from Classic Arms said they were expecting them in the middle of January, whereas J&G said that they're just waiting on their distributor and it could be a week or it could be a year.

Even though J&G's answer was more vague, it is probably more accurate. J&G seems to run a way tighter business than Classic Arms does, but that might just be my impression.

we have to admit it us(me) included may have missed the boat on the 300 dollar saiga rifles

I am willing to admit that when they're in stock with a higher price, but not until then.

hahah "you can't handle the truth" ya i want a 5.45 before they go back up even with the ugly cheese graded side

J&G's out of stock also. Besides, I'm still torn as to get a 7.62 or the 5.45. Already got a .223.

Just to add fuel to your fire... If you already have a .223 I would suggest a 7.62x39. .223 and 5.45 are far too close in performance to warrant owning both IMO, unless you just want to collect rifles. 7.62x39 and .223 are different enough performers (each in their own respects) to warrant owning both.

ClassicArms are great folks to deal with. I bought both my Saigas (7.62 and 5.45) from them.

There was an issue with my CC and it was rejected. It had a $300 online limit that had to be raised to make the purchase. Well I talked to two different girls i guess because a week later after getting the order fixed I get a call from the other. When I told her that the order was fixed she she said "no problem, I'll just put this rifle back into the inventory." I thought it was great that she was holding it for me a week later.

On the second purchase they even answered the phone several times after closing (and on a Friday) because my FFL was having an issue with his fax machine.

My 5.45 was purchased back in late Oct. and when prices dropped to $299 I grabbed my 7.62. :)

They have great customer service IMHO.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked up a 5.45 from Classic, I guess a month or two ago. It has the "cheese graded" (scrubbed RAA, i think) patch. It is dimpled, round trunnion and has an 09 serial number. The new importer is TGI, Knox TN. The Classic folks are OK by me. This is my second purchase (first firearm) from them and all questions were answered (purchased by phone), shipping was quick (my FFL reported no problems) and I'm happy with what I got. It has about 3-400rnds thru it, not one flaw. I've run Bulgarian, and Russian milsurp mags; no bullet guide needed. The deep reddish-black mags (maybe East German?) won't slide al the way up the mag well, but a little sanding would probably fix em. And the one unmarked steel mag I have works fine too. All will cycle thru the last round. This is now my favorite range rifle...except the dang holes are so small, I need a spotting scope to see 100yd targets! Alot easier on my shoulder than 7.62x54R! I'll give my M91s a rest.