Which Dremel and attachments?

Which Dremel and attachments do you guys suggest for a basic conversion? I have a $50 gift card to Lowes and have seen them with some basic accessory pack for about $45. Which attachments do you suggest for rivets, axis pins and the such? Also, is there anything other than the dremel and a drill and 3/16 bit I will need? I'm not overly mechanically inclined, so explain it like I'm a 4 year old.

Thanks!

Edited by Kick'em

The half-inch cylindrical stone bit did well for me, although it was a little slow. The grinder will want to jump off of the work, so use something as a steady rest for your hands while gripping the tool.

A #17 or 11/64 drill bit worked nicely for me on those axis pins. It's just slightly smaller than the hole, so there's no danger of damaging the holes with it if you drill too deep. It takes out enough metal to make the pins easy to drive out.

Edited by leadchucker

the bit i use most is the tungsten carbide cutter. along with a few of the sanding drums.

+1

A tungsten carbide bit is the way to go. Most kits will not come with one and you will have to buy it separate.

GregM needs to do a pictorial showing how to shave the rivets smooth with the receiver using a tungsten bit.

Leaves a nice smooth finish with no holes on the bottom of the reciever.