Thinking about buying

I'm thinking about buying a saiga 410 just to play around with. I already have a saiga 12 that I have converted and would do the same with the 410. Just wondering where people bought theirs, classics arms has them for $299 while everywhere else is $399. Is the gas setting the same as the 12 and if so can you use the auto plug or the v plug with it?

I paid 495 out the door for mine. I've seen them for 299 now, ouch. At 299 I'd definatly jump on one. There are only 2 gas settings, but mine has cycled everything on the #1 setting. I've haven't heard of anyone having trouble cycling anykind of ammo, I don't think you would need to get a vplug or anything like that, but I think they are the same on all the saiga shotguns. I don't own a s12 but I think their are several gas port holes on the 12 the 410 only has one, so it's not as fine tuned. Like I said I've never heard of anyone having problems with them.

I bought mine from Greg at CSS a couple months ago before he stopped selling them for $319

I'm part way through my conversion, (trigger group and stock finished), I've been playing with different ammo and this past weekend ran several 15 rd mags of 3" Rio through the gun without issue.

You can find the this ammo online for around $80 \ case (250 rds)

I bought mine from Greg at CSS a couple months ago before he stopped selling them for $319

I'm part way through my conversion, (trigger group and stock finished), I've been playing with different ammo and this past weekend ran several 15 rd mags of 3" Rio through the gun without issue.

You can find the this ammo online for around $80 \ case (250 rds)

That is a lot better pricing than anything else that I have found, but still $12 per 100 more than the cheap 12ga ammo, then it still needs to be shipped. Why is .410 so expensive? Does it need better powder in it since the hull is so small? Just trying to figure it out. I never knew .410 was so pricy and I always viewed the .410 Saigas as something that might be an economical little blaster. Looks like I was way off.

That is a lot better pricing than anything else that I have found, but still $12 per 100 more than the cheap 12ga ammo, then it still needs to be shipped. Why is .410 so expensive? Does it need better powder in it since the hull is so small? Just trying to figure it out. I never knew .410 was so pricy and I always viewed the .410 Saigas as something that might be an economical little blaster. Looks like I was way off.

"Supply & Demand" 12 ga is a lot more popular that .410 therefore since there is a lot more sold the price gets cheaper.

The .410 is not cheaper to shoot but that's not the reason I bought mine, it's such a "FUN" gun to shoot and you can get 15 rd mags and 30 rd drums! :)

• Like 1

I've seen the Rio ammo priced right, but I didn't know if it was good stuff. I'm going to order some now. I know Centurian and Nobel Sports ammo seperates sometimes (in my experiance) so I was liery. Thanks for the info.

I've ran around 75 rds of the Rio C36-76 through my .410 so far with no issues using a 15rd SGM mag and 30rd Promag drum.

I was having some feeding problems at first (with all ammo) but then figured out I did not have the mags completely locked in.

Ive gone down the 410 road and have been greatly disappointed. Wanted an SGL41 but then I saw the cheap ass ar upper classic arms has and saw a video where a guy used the ssar slide fire on it( ssak wasnt out at the time) and that thing is the biggest piece of crap ive ever wasted money on. every round jammed, gas port blows gas back in your face. Handguards nearly fell off from the action of it. I have 250 rounds of slugs that wont work in it, 75 rounds of winchester, and 25 000 for the judge. None work. you need a specific ammo that I would have to order. Et remove ad. I just dont have the patience for the damn thing. but anyway. I am now hesitant to get a saiga 410 as I would still be in the same boat with the ammo as its all 2.5" Saiga 410s only run 2 3/4 from what I understand. And also, like EBW said, 410 is twice as expensive as 12 ga.

Edited by AZG
Ive gone down the 410 road and have been greatly disappointed. Wanted an SGL41 but then I saw the cheap ass ar upper classic arms has and saw a video where a guy used the ssar slide fire on it( ssak wasnt out at the time) and that thing is the biggest piece of crap ive ever wasted money on. every round jammed, gas port blows gas back in your face. Handguards nearly fell off from the action of it. I have 250 rounds of slugs that wont work in it, 75 rounds of winchester, and 25 000 for the judge. None work. you need a specific ammo that I would have to order. anyone wants a project upper ill give it to you for $200 bucks with 4 mags. I just dont have the patience for the damn thing. but anyway. I am now hesitant to get a saiga 410 as I would still be in the same boat with the ammo as its all 2.5" Saiga 410s only run 2 3/4 from what I understand. And also, like EBW said, 410 is twice as expensive as 12 ga.

There are no real 2¾" 410 shells, just 2½" and 3". I know some Golden/ Silver bear stuff says it's 2¾", but they are actually 3" in length. Saiga 410s shoot both. The difference is in the magazine. Mine came with a 3" magazine (I think they all do) but if you want to shoot 2½" you have to get a 2½" magazine (which would be a factory 4 rounder, I don't think anyone makes high capacity ones). Just to clarify there are 2½" and 3" factory 4 round magazines out there, but 3" is the standard (I'm pretty sure).

This sucks. I have been considering a .410 Saiga since the early '90s when the original came out. Doesn't sound like something that I want anything to do with. If ammo was cheaper and all ammos could be used in a standardized magazine type, I might be game. Otherwise, I'm over it after almost 20 years of consideration.

I bought a used S-410 21" off of here a year ago then I converted it and it is a nice little gun as far as ammo that is the only problem. When I shoot the PDX , 3" 00 buck (5 Pellets) or slugs it is a beast I also got a paradox rifled choke that came with it and at 75 yards it is good enough for deer the only other thing I can say about ammo is "reload" and run 3" only the SGL-41 is 3" only with a non-adjustable gas system and the factory 10rd mags are for 3" so that is all I run. On the ammo metal hulls will be 3" and the plastic hulls will measure 2 3/4" loaded but are called 3" cause when they are shot then they are 3" dont know why it islike this on the 410. I really like the 410 and with factory mags at $60-$70 each and now a 30rd drum I plan on getting a SGL-41 as soon as my S-12 or S-20 get sold.

well i was plannin on gettin a 410 saiga, but AZG up there has convinced me to buy his upper lol. sent ya a msg!

why i plan on diggin in the 410 world is multi fold.

-the saigas are 200 less than 12/20

-ammo commonality with the judge/governor

-plan on reloadinfg so ammo cost isnt too detrimental

-hi cap 15 mags look cool

• Like 1
well i was plannin on gettin a 410 saiga, but AZG up there has convinced me to buy his upper lol. sent ya a msg! why i plan on diggin in the 410 world is multi fold. -the saigas are 200 less than 12/20 -ammo commonality with the judge/governor -plan on reloadinfg so ammo cost isnt too detrimental -hi cap 15 mags look cool
Just remember, I'm pretty sure you'll have to keep spent shell separate and reload separately for the judge and saiga. It has been my experience that the brass part of shells fired in a judge expand and will no longer feed into a saiga chamber. Edited by bigdaddyhatty

I bought a 410 about a year ago after having bought my s12 and i've got to say i've been pretty disappointed. ammo near me is a little too pricey and i found out in hindsight i can't use it at the nearby ranges ( classic ASS u ME ) Its all around kind of disappointing- i wish i'd dropped a couple extra bucks and just bought a mossberg 500 spx

I bought a 410 about a year ago after having bought my s12 and i've got to say i've been pretty disappointed. ammo near me is a little too pricey and i found out in hindsight i can't use it at the nearby ranges ( classic ASS u ME ) Its all around kind of disappointing- i wish i'd dropped a couple extra bucks and just bought a mossberg 500 spx

Sell it to some on here and buy the mossy. No point in living with dissapointment.

• Like 1

you should run your cases through the resizer and this would be a non issue. I am seeing more and more people not resizing when they reload. I guess I am just old school, I resize every single round be it 12, 20, 28 or 410.

I never heard of resizing shotshells.... I'll have to look into it. My father-in-law is a big reloader, but he only does pistol and rifle, he's not into shotguns. I've watched several instructional videos on reloading shotshells and never heard anything about resizing them. Is a resizing die standard shotshell reloading equipment? Guess I'm showing my ignorance : ) Thanks.