NY-Onondaga County Pistol Permit Wait

Pistol Permit NY Handgun

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 syracuse_badger

syracuse_badger

• 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

I just stopped in to the Sheriff's dept to pick up my packet and had a unpleasant surprise. They are already booked out to the 2nd week of June for appointments to SUBMIT my packet! After that, another 2-3 months for it to be reviewed and go/no-go'd! It's not even the 1st of the year and we are looking at Sept-October before I have a thumbs up! So much for 2nd amendment. You can own it if you want to jump through the hoops! I am sure this keeps ALL the bad guys on the streets from owning a "killer handgun". Ugh...sometimes I feel the need to scream. This is such a pony show...I came from WI were it takes 48hrs for me to take my toy home. I posted this because the word on the street was Onondaga was getting permits out super quick lately. If I can't get in to submit a packet until June...I would hate to see what slow is!

#2 YOT

YOT

Pissed off New Yorker

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,955 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

Damn, you shoulda done it before if you wanted it by now! It took my son about 6 weeks in Washington county, last year. Back in 2000 when I got mine it was a 8 and a half month wait, so I know how you feel.

"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

"You have enemies?  Good!  That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" - Winston Churchill

#3 SCHULTZE

SCHULTZE

BlindDog Tactical

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

One word of advice... MOVE!!!!! I can cash and carry here in WV. Come on down there are plenty of jobs around here I worked in Batavia NY for a few years and I did not take my guns with me I left them in WV ,I hated NY gun laws and will never move back the only thing I miss is the lake effect snow and snowmobiling, a big storm around here is 3".
  • tsc91 likes this

#4 Cracker7

Cracker7

Travis told me I could

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

I,m in Washington county also. Got my handgun permit in 4 weeks. I do agree though that NY has BS gun laws.

Cracker7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users