Fixed my FSB!

Well I cut my shroud off and lo and behold, no threads. Well I priced around to see how much a threader would cost and also how much it would cost a smith to thread it for me. Both worked out to around $80.00. Well I found a good deal on a Bulgarian FSB from one of the guys that sells abunch of these here on the forums, his name is Mark Winder, he sold me a complete FSB with spring detent and sight and sight barrel for 50.00 shipped to my house. A bit of elbow grease and this is what I have. This is without paint it will get a bit of paint tomorrow. This is a super easy mod, I would recommend you going this route if you are thinking about it. Enough of my blabbering, here are the pics:

e70bb70d.jpg

c1f9ceff.jpg

33bbcf91.jpg

e7e864dc.jpg

The box it is sitting on is one modeled off of some 7n6 ammo crates I had laying around and some pics of the mosin crates, just alot shorter. In the background is a smaller box that is the same as the bigger box. I am in need of some cyrilic stencils to complete the look on my boxes.

Thanks for looking and enjoy!

Rich

Edited by St.Zu
  • 2 weeks later...

Which muzzle brake did you end up going with? Assuming that is a 7.62, did you get a muzzle break for a 7.62, or is it AK 74? Sorry if the question seems goofy, but I am at that phase of the conversion. Fairly confused about what muzzle brake to go with. Plan on pressing off FSB and putting on Bulgy 74 FSB (also bought from MarkW).