Newly Imported Saiga Safety Is Not Working

Hello Everyone,

I'm a long-time lurker and already proud owner of a Saiga .223 (converted). However, today I received my S12 (the new 'after ban') that does not have the side rail. It's imported by TGI in Knoxville, TN.

Anyways, my issue is the same as this guy's http://forum.saiga-1...es-safety-down/ His pics are towards the end of the post and it's identical to my problem.

I've done what some people suggested and just bend the safety lever a little...it has helped, but this has made it very loose and if I hold the gun in a downward angle the majority of the time the safety lever will not stop me from pulling the handle all the way back and chambering a shell.

I have noticed that the part where the lever inserts has a little play (I can push it in about an 1/8" or so) but it bounces back out from the pressure on it. With my .223 where the lever is inserted, it sits flush against the receiver. On the S12 if I push on it I can feel on the other side where it protudes a little (like my functioning .223 safety is)

Overall, the safety just feels really cheap and I believe it should function. Should I order a new safety and hope that fixes it or should I call the online store I ordered it from and see what they suggest?

I've tested it so much now that my charging handle has started to wear where the safety should stop it.

Any helpful input would be much appreciated, I apologize for this being my first post.

Here's what the safety was doing to the charging handle. Now that I've bent it, it seems to prevent the problem most of the time, but the safety where it is inserted is still not flush with the receiver. I can push it in and see it protrude on the other side but it just bounces back.

post-38726-0-84726500-1325081091_thumb.jpg

Edited by gulfcoastsaiga

goto wolf-arms.com and register the firearm for warranty issues. Then contact me at info@wolf-arms.com and I will follow up with you to get the issue resolved. I always recommend to EVERYONE if you are not certain about how to fix something on a firearms never attempt to do it. We have a limited lifetime warranty for a reason!!!

goto wolf-arms.com and register the firearm for warranty issues. Then contact me at info@wolf-arms.com and I will follow up with you to get the issue resolved. I always recommend to EVERYONE if you are not certain about how to fix something on a firearms never attempt to do it. We have a limited lifetime warranty for a reason!!!

Email sent. However, the website said it could not save my form information. Thanks for the reply.