The LPS/TIP2 is calibrated for 54R like Shandlanos said, but you can still use it at practical ranges. It's actually a very cost effective optic for an AK because they are usually cheaper than the BelOMO POSP and real NPZ PSO-1 optics. You'll probably want to swap the base to an AK mount though, the LPS/TIP2 uses an SVD mount that doesn't work on most common AK rails.

As far as zeroing, two easy ways come mind.

You can zero POA/POI to be the same at 100 yards and know your bullet drop at 200, 300, 400 etc or you could zero POI to be XXX inches high at 100 yards. Depending on how much higher you zeroed, you'll end up being dead on at 200, 300 or 400 yards for example.

At close ranges there won't be a big difference in impact when aiming at a man size target. At longer ranges you should be able to drop the rounds center mass because you've calculated for gravity drop by how much higher your rounds impacted during the 100 yard zero.

The LPS does sit higher on an AK receiver than the equivalent POSP because the LPS is taller.

Example of LPS with MTK83 AK mount (see how the optic is grey and the mount/clamp is black)

LPS-TIP2_SLR105Left.JPG

ohhhh thanks for the advice. I was planning on just buying a utg side rail and cheap red dot,but the way you explained it makes a lot of sense to me and now i am going to buy the pso-1 for my .223 and well later down the road a red dot scope from kalinka optic for my 7.62. Thank you guys for the information and nice ak TX-Zen.