Keep or Sell  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the Powder Springs M10?

Saiga members,

What would you do? I have a Powder Springs M10/.45acp sub-machine gun with a Gemtech Viper suppressor in perfect, 99% condition, that I'm thinking of selling. What I would get in return are is a DSA SA58 OSW short barrel rifle (SBR) and a suppressor for it...plus I would have cash to spare. Or should I just keep everything and save up? So...what would you do?

Thanks,

MCASSgt New River

This is what it looks like:

SA58OSWNFA.GIF

Keep everything and save! Your SMG is going to keep appreciating in value, and probably at a much faster rate than the price of DSA rifles or .30 cal cans will go up, any potential future ban notwithstanding. After all the BS you went through to get your SMG, I think you'd regret parting with it.

• Like 1

There is really no solid answer. I know that I will certainly never sell my SMG until I can recoup all my costs, including the tax. For you that would be 2 taxes, unless you would use the suppressor on something else. The SMG MAY increase in value, but it may also drop. It really depends on several issues such as the economy, alternatives such as slide fire stocks and if they laws do or do not change. I'm in the NFA thing for the long haul and I will eat any losses that may come, I don't plan on selling mine ever. I hate selling guns.

• Like 1

If you have the oppurtunity to sell and break even and you don't use it I'd say go for it. I see way more oppurtunitys and uses for the suppressed FAL then the SMG. Personally I'd try and get my hands on an H&K sear or FA AR lower if your going to stick with the MG route.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I would hope that sarge Gunny has made up his mind since posting this back on December.

Not really...I hardly ever shoot the MAC and I see SEVERAL other NFA weapons that would get 1000x the use. I've got the HK bug and well....they ain't cheap.

P.S. I fixed your post for ya! beer.gif

I would hope that sarge Gunny has made up his mind since posting this back on December.

Not really...I hardly ever shoot the MAC and I see SEVERAL other NFA weapons that would get 1000x the use. I've got the HK bug and well....they ain't cheap.

P.S. I fixed your post for ya! beer.gif

Lol.

The Mac won't even get a decent down payment on a sear for that new MKE you just bought.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Doesn't the paperwork for an NFA item take several months to clear as of the middle of Dec?

If you file the paperwork now for the SA58, given the way things are going right now... Do you think you'll ever actually SEE it?!

I would not be trying to go through NFA for ANYTHING until things calm down around here... :unsure:

Doesn't the paperwork for an NFA item take several months to clear as of the middle of Dec?

If you file the paperwork now for the SA58, given the way things are going right now... Do you think you'll ever actually SEE it?!

I would not be trying to go through NFA for ANYTHING until things calm down around here... :unsure:

Gunny could have had everything bought and sold by now if he started the paperwork when he started tis thread. Lol.

As to starting NFA right now, I'm not waiting. I have a M85 F1 processing and as soon as my DDLES AR Glock small frame lower arrives, I will throw a F1 in the mail for it. :-)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's funny how I posted this thread almost two years ago and members are still replying.  I think the interesting question has not been asked yet...."Have I sold it?"

The answer is, "No, I still have my M10 tucked away, safe and sound in the safe."  What's also a big plus is that I have bought a progressive reloader and I will be rolling my own rounds here shortly.  I guess the M10 will be seeing more daylight here shortly!!