In. Il. Preppers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
As for food, long term storage. Wise freeze dried foods wins with a 25 yr shelf life.

Not sure if you've tasted it but it's not too great. Reminded me of cardboard. It's always a good idea to try out samples before ordering bulk. Mountain House tastes pretty good in comparison, along with dehydrated food (uncooked) you can prepare yourself. I actually eat dehydrated food a lot to get myself used to it and it's pretty good. Eggs, milk, carrots, green vegetables tend to be my staple foods.

• Like 1
I know alot of people will think Im crazy but I dont mind MRE's. I also like the Mountain House. Dont forget you can make buckets up of your own food too.

MRE's aren't bad. Been eating them since they did away with C-Rats. The first generation MRE sucked! Now the latest generation is more like store bought food. MRE's have kept me alive for many weeks in the field. Some entrees are better than others but if you open all of them at one time and mix and match you can come up with nearly gourmet food.

I know alot of people will think Im crazy but I dont mind MRE's. I also like the Mountain House. Dont forget you can make buckets up of your own food too.

MRE's aren't bad. Been eating them since they did away with C-Rats. The first generation MRE sucked! Now the latest generation is more like store bought food. MRE's have kept me alive for many weeks in the field. Some entrees are better than others but if you open all of them at one time and mix and match you can come up with nearly gourmet food.

C-rations! LOL I was stuck with the 1st gen MREs when I served in the Army. Stale but edible. 2nd gen was much better. Only thing is that they were very high calorie, particularly for the soldier on the move to help sustain him after patrolling. Once I got out in '93, never saw them again. I've been getting my stuff at survivalacres.com which has a great reputation & low prices. All freeze-dried foods (Mountain House..etc) are getting pretty steep compared to dehydrated foods (unprepared foods), so a person can get a 1-yr supply for around $1500 or less. But now these have large serving sizes too which rock.

• Like 1