I know most everyone on here likes guns. But what els do we all do? Lately I have ben building log beds to help finance my gun habit. I thought it would be a good thread to start. here is one I just got done. I havent put the finish on yet

post-9518-0-27791200-1325142826_thumb.jpg

Edited by deadeye
  • Like 3

My family races. I race a hornet on dirt. Both of my kids race quarter midgets on dirt and hard surfaces ( that only takes up about 3 days a week). I also like being outdoors. weather it be hunting, fishing, hiking or what ever. Also love going off road. I have a Jeep xj with 6.5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. I also ride motorcycles.

By the way really cool bed. I have no talent for something like that.

Edited by pitbulld45

Severely nerdy hobbies: I paint miniatures. You know those big battle dioramas that you can find in some museums? Stuff like that, except I also play games with them. Napoleonics, Japan, War of 1812 Naval, WW2 ground and naval, all the way up to scifi.

I also watch anime, but if you can find me a good story well told from Hollywood recently, I'll watch it, too. I'm just tired of things like Mission Impossible or Avatar where they blew the entire budget on visuals and forgot the story.

Aside from guns and shooting, I collect G.I. Joe action figures. Preferably still in the original sealed packaging.

Aside from the toys, I'm the vocalist for a progressive metal band, Day of Ruin. I have a small recording studio in my house where we record all of our own music. We are currently recording our second full length album and hope for a late spring/early summer release. A lot of people see success in music as being a famous rock star. We see it as being happy with what you're doing and where you are. We get to play with some pretty cool bands sometimes, like the show that we just played with Hatebreed and All That Remains. I'll try to post a pic later.

• Like 1

Man some of you guys have the nicest rides!

I'm obsessed with hunting and fishing (very new to fishing though) and may get my trapping license next year. Reloading has become a bit of a hobby although I've recently reduced the amount of calibers I'm loading. Been back at the drafting board alot lately to and realizing how much I've missed it. Current project is getting a decent workshop designed.

Well, besides that other thing wink.png , My newest hobby is teaching myself to sew heavy material like leather and nylon webbing. After doing a lot of research I've picked up a stable of some of the old heavy duty machines like the Phaff 130 and Necci BU. These things are all metal Sherman tanks that you just can't buy in a new machine anymore. Making and repairing nylon straps, outdoor gear, dog harnesses, rifle slings, etc. is a breeze. These old machines are a marvel of engineering that any gun tinkerer would appreciate.

• Like 2

Loving - Every man needs a good woman.

CJ1996-1.jpg

Breeding - Three of the best PITA I'll ever have.

100_7894-1.jpg

Skydiving - read my Sig Line.

hangingfrombi-plane.jpg

Turtle - Meet Moorla, she'll could very likely outlive me.

100_3360.jpg

Fishing - Primarily SW

redfish.jpg

Fishkeeping - SA/CA Cichlids and SA Biotope Communities

allanonrightapr069jofullsize.jpg

Beards - Gotta have one to be a Tattooed Bearded Gunman!

Meltonpicfavorite.jpg

And getting Crazy!

Chile20at20Rantoul20WFFC2020057E1.jpg

• Like 2

I like working on computers, i prefer building them more then fixing software problems. It gets tiring when everyone asks will you fix my computer? I am planning to get into archery before next years fall season, maybe even start on spring turkerys. I would also like to learn weilding and do more work on automobiles if/when i get a place with a garage.

Edited by roachtron

Home built Trike

This has been going on for a few years.

Small block Chevy 350 CID, Holley 4 barrel.

Turbo 350 trans, Mazda 929 IRS rear end.

Frame and front end I built myself.

House fixing, OL fixing, Kids fixing.

O yea gota WORK to pay for all this.

AND FIREARMS!!!

This is not my shop

Edited by RED333

I really don't have any other hobbies but guns right now, however I've been doing some photography of wildlife and my guns here lately, just haven't got into it that much yet. Other than that I would like to get into fishing saltwater and inland fishing. I'm interested in doing some metal and wood work but I have not tried anything yet, mostly because I don't have the material but I don't have any knowledge or skill either. I almost got into the Airsoft thing but that never really panned out. So that's about it for now maybe one day when I really get into this stuff I will revisit this thread and post pictures.

My main passion aside from firearms is ice hockey.

waitingformyshift.jpg

That's me on the end between shifts on the ice.

Yes, I'm Southern born and bred. Yes I love this frozen sport. It's just another enigma that makes up my quirky personality...blink.png

• Like 5

I know most everyone on here likes guns. But what els do we all do? Lately I have ben building log beds to help finance my gun habit. I thought it would be a good thread to start. here is one I just got done. I havent put the finish on yet

This is one of those things that may look sort of easy to do on the surface, but I'll bet it's not easy at all. Is there a trick to getting the whittled down ends of the odd shaped posts to line up perfectly with their corresponding holes at the correct angle, or do you have to just painstakingly eyeball each one to fit?

Wow, somone calls themselves fatty alcohol and does triathalons! That is pretty kick ass!

I built a 3/4 mile maze of mountain bike stunt course on our ranch! We have olympics to see who can ride best in 10 events, al while drinking as much as possible! And drinking for Points!

I also hunt as well.

Damn, I am a Hobby-assed Mother F**cker!

post-16191-0-74699600-1325303037_thumb.jpg

post-16191-0-22628600-1325303061_thumb.jpg

Time and age change a lot of thing things I do/did for fun. I mean, riding off cliffs on mtn. bikes and skiing 100+ days a year are all a distant memories now. Anymore, I like to ride and tinker with the H-D, home improvements seem to occupy a lot of time, and I spend a large amount of time gardening and preserving food. My work schedule allows about as mich time off as I want in the fall, so I spend quite a bit of time hunting pheasants and elk. The Mrs and I enjoy good food, so we spend a lot of time cooking. In the future, I hope to travel with the wife more. Right now my/our main goal in life is to pay off the house. Two more years and we're done. I don't want to owe anyone anything. Once that is accomplished, we'll buy some BMW GS bikes and spend a large chunk of the winter touring the southern US.