Will the firearms market go crazy again when it gets close to election

Are we screwed?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Will the firearms market be like it was during the 2008 election again in 2012?

• No. Things will probably be about like they are now
    • Yes, We are screwed
    • No. It will be worse because of the dooms day predictions

I have a feeling that it will be more of the same that we got last time. Between 2012 "Dooms Day" predictions and the possibility of barrack hussein obama getting another term, we are probably in for a ride. I have most of what I want except more ammo and a suppressor for my AR SBR. Aside from those, there really isn't anything that I really need. Increasing atf approval times makes me wonder if I'll ever get a suppressor in hand if I buy one. The world may end before I get it, lol!

What do you guys think? Are we fucked?

Edited by evlblkwpnz

2011 Smashes Sales Record for Guns

opposingviews.com ^ | 27 December, 2011 | Mark Berman

Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:34:26 AM by marktwain

This was a banner year for guns -- 2011 is set to smash the record for gun sales.

The record for a single year was set just last year, when the FBI reported that 14,409,616 background checks were requested. In 2011 that figure will top 16 million. FBI spokesman Steve Fischer said just 1.3% of background checks result in denial of a weapon.

With a week left in December, the FBI said the monthly record has already been broken, and that was only set last month when 1,534,414 background checks were requested from the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

CNN writes:

Two days before Christmas, NICS ran 102,222 background checks, which was the second-busiest day in history. The one-day record was set this year on Black Friday, the big shopping day following Thanksgiving, with 129,166 searches. By comparison, the previous one-day high was set November 28, 2008, when gun dealers made slightly less than 98,000 requests for background searches.

The NRA said more people are flocking to guns for self defense.

"I think there's an increased realization that when something bad occurs, it's going to be between them and the criminal," NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam told CNN.

However the Brady Campaign said the number of people owning guns is actually going down.

"The research we've seen indicates fewer and fewer people are owning more and more guns," said spokeswoman Caroline Brewer. "All the trends indicate the number of Americans who own guns has declined."

She added, "It would appear because of fear-mongering by the NRA since (President Barack) Obama's election that people are adding more guns to their arsenals out of fear Obama and the Democrats will take away their guns, which is absurd."

Damn.... I thought that I was one of the few that was thinking it would turn into a shitstorm.

The market might be good for me offloading these SLR-107URs ;) Gotta look at the bright side.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

No matter what, the price of ammo & firearms will go through the roof again.

If it even remotely looks promising for the current regime, then it will make last look like bargain bin prices.

But if even half of the worst case scenarios come to pass, acquisition of firearms and ammo will be replaced with trying to stay out of FEMA Gulags, feed our families and not being chipped/RFID'd.

So hold what ya got, stash the guns/ammo, store food and prepare to be as inconspicuous as possible.

But guess what? We're on this website, we've been tagged-n-bagged already, we will be amongst the first rounded up horror.gif

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

Shit will hit the fan. King Obama will be voted out but won't admit defeat. November next year will be full of race riots as he commands his followers to prevent the rule of law.

There will be a massive run on guns as every one will need one to keep trash from robing their house and raping their wives.

It ain't a fucking coincidence the mayan calender ends when fucking obama is supposed to be packing up.

Edited by Makc
to change inappropriate remark
  • Like 1

They come door to door to put people in FEMA camps, alot of those same folks

will be calling dead and sick the next day.

As far as prices? Ya I think like always they will go overboard again.

During the election of OH HIGH ONE I sold 6 boxes of 380 and bought a complete semi auto center fire rifle

of the and evil black make. name brand new.

Some people are to stupid to plan ahead. then rush rush rush...... The sky is falling.

I sold that 380 stuff and never even owned a 380 weapon.

So I hope it all goes crazy it's good for the economy and lets the Gov. know that the watched are watching.

I think it had to do with the 2008 Election. A lot of people who'd never owned a gun suddenly thought they wouldn't have the chance again. The .380 is a pretty non-threatening round that's still reasonably potent. The small, inexpensive handguns that fire the round can be used by many different shooters for CCW, home defense, and, until the skyrocketing prices, plinking. A couple recent additions to the compact pistol market probably helped fuel the fire.

Also, racial epithet, conspiracy conjectures, etc.

The market might be good for me offloading these SLR-107URs wink.png

I loathe youscorn.gif .....you and your slr107s......pfffft. I just want 1 and its never gonna happenwet_eyes.gif . You have TWO or THREE!!! Kudos on that, btw 032.gif

Edited by AZG

The market might be good for me offloading these SLR-107URs wink.png

I loathe youscorn.gif .....you and your slr107s......pfffft. I just want 1 and its never gonna happenwet_eyes.gif . You have TWO or THREE!!! Kudos on that, btw 032.gif

There will be some on the market about election time. I hate it, I have to get in on some of the action this time.

I fear what the new year will bring, so I bought an AAC M4-2000 and 51T Brake. They are out of stock, but a shipment should arrive in the next week or so. Hopefully, I will get the damn thing before the election and apocolypse, LOL! I need a 12.5" barrel to complete the host upper and then I am going to focus on ammo. I have some, but I'd like to have more.

Went to Walmart today and it looked like '08 in the sporting goods section. No ammo, except really expensive stuff.

I see you are wanting a 12.5" barrel, Are you going to be using a Noveske barrel?? If you are I was just wondering because I am building the same gun almost. I have a 18" factory fluted noveske barrel that is awsome and all the test say that the 12.5" is almost as accurate so I can have a SBR with long range capabilities

Schultze,

I don't care what it is as long as it is a 12.5" CHF medcon or LW FN CHF barrel. Noveske, Centurion, Palmetto State, BCM, or Spike's. I don't like SS barrels. With the volume of fire that I usually have in a session, the SS barrels that I have used tend to go all over the place after they get really hot. My CHF barrels aren't as tight when they are cold, but stay fairly consistent when they get hot.

I might get a Spike's 14.5 carbine length in their Optimum Profile and have it chopped. Trying to keep costs down.... grimace.gif

A Romney / Obama race would probably mean higher gun prices for 2012 much like the 08 election. I remember the night Obama was elected one of the distributors that we used sold 15,000+ Magpul AR15 magazines overnight. While Obama was President-Elect Obama, Lew Horton tried to sell us Romanian WASR 10s at $1200 each + shipping. We laughed at them, but they sold out.

Panic buying is good for quick money making, but not for long term customers because a few people will snatch all the items up or they will over pay then dump the items when the price drops back down.

I predict a steady demand for firearms and ammo up to election time with a slight peak a couple months before. BUT is Obama is re-elected, I recommend investing heavily in guns and gold. Gold will go over $2,000/oz and within a decade, a gun will be worth it's weight in gold.

Shit will hit the fan. King Obama will be voted out but won't admit defeat. November next year will be full of race riots as he commands his followers to prevent the rule of law.

There will be a massive run on guns as every one will need one to keep trash from robing their house and raping their wives.

It ain't a fucking coincidence the mayan calender ends when fucking obama is supposed to be packing up.

You can't seriously believe this shit...

• Like 2

tin foil hattery aside.....There's almost always a spike in gun sales at the begining and end of most elections because rules change or we're told they are going to change. I don't think this election will be any different, gun sales will increase again. At least this time I'll wait for people to sell there stuff at reduced prices after they realize nothings being taken away.

Side note: If the Mayans were so damn smart with there predictions, why didn't they see the end of there civilization? Who the hell wants to spend the rest of there life hiding and waiting for the end of the world? Man up and grow a set crazy people.

• Like 4