I'm not sure if a thread on this has been started on this or not, but what is a good idea for something to destroy with the S12? So far in all of my Youtube videos all you see me shooting is the ground or some scrap plywood and cardboard.

I thoughts were an old junk car or some computer monitors. My only concern would be shrapnel or ricochets. Suggestions?

Edited by JaySaiga12

My digital camera will take 16 shots per second in Sport mode. Makes it easy. Costco sells a $120 digital video doo-dad that you can print off pics from individual frames!!

Yeah I got an Olympus SP-800UZ 14 MP Digital Camera that's supposed to do that stuff but I have no idea how to work it. laugh.png

I would reccomend, Subarus, watermelons and pumpkins. Tomorrow I am hosting a midnight shotgun, Glow-stick shoot for New years!!

Damn dude, that sounds like a hell of a lot of fun! If you lived anywhere near me I would bring my S12, a sleeping bag, and a case of beer to that!

• Like 1

We used to have permission to use a fallow field from a local farmer (when I lived in Walla Walla). At the bottom of his field was a ravine with a natural backstop, into which locals would tip rubbish. The most fun we ever had was loading up a Remington pump-action with deer slugs and punching holes through a washer & dryer set (buckshot and 30-06 was not quite as fun, but was still funny as hell).

And before anyone asks, yes, we did pick up our brass.

during the summer I go out "garage sailing" I buy ELMO dolls, large X-mas stuff, like huge santas the kind people put on their lawn , bowling balls etc.... and shoot them. I have never paid more then a dollar for them

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

I have played a game of potato roll. at my brothers house there is a steep muddy bank. we just throw a potatoe up as high as we can and shoot it as it rolls back down at us. it ts fun to see the mud fly.

I almost fogot

My local bowling alleys sell old bowling pins for $2 a piece. They hold up pretty damn good to almost all calibers. I shot one with a slug from about 10yds and split it but it was still in one piece.

Shotgun bowling, slug works best, set up 10 pins just like real bowling, bunches of fun.

The Subaru is a cool idea until your State Department of Environmental Protection sees it leaking fluids into the soil. We use golf balls a lot. Good to hone your skills with pistol or rifle. We throw one out and see who launches it first. I'll also hang golf balls to keep them around a little longer. I get empty refrigerant cans from a friend which we hang in trees that work pretty good for cheap steel targets. I get bowling pins for free from a friend's mother who manages an alley. My favorite one I stock up on is Spray Snow. I hit up the clearance isle at Wally World after every Christmas and buy cases of it. Good non-toxic fun!

I'm not sure if a thread on this has been started on this or not, but what is a good idea for something to destroy with the S12?

Homeless people?

I keeeeed, I keeeeed.

• Like 1

The Subaru is a cool idea until your State Department of Environmental Protection sees it leaking fluids into the soil. We use golf balls a lot. Good to hone your skills with pistol or rifle. We throw one out and see who launches it first. I'll also hang golf balls to keep them around a little longer. I get empty refrigerant cans from a friend which we hang in trees that work pretty good for cheap steel targets. I get bowling pins for free from a friend's mother who manages an alley. My favorite one I stock up on is Spray Snow. I hit up the clearance isle at Wally World after every Christmas and buy cases of it. Good non-toxic fun!

Oh yes! We did remove the engine, tranny, and gas tank, drained the brake and steering fluid as well! The biggest Screw up was not laying down tarps to catch all the broken glass!

As for bowling pins....not anymore for me!!! We tried .44 bowling and long story-short, a bullet spun a pin AS it was going through it, between wood core and plastic shell, Came strait back at us and hit my buddy in the head!!! Not Cool at all! Thank God he only suffered a laceration and Blackened eye. Missed his eyeball by 1/4 inch!! Hit the tear duct and nose area.

I always found used (drained) oil filters to be particularly satisfying as a pistol target. They are a good size for speed drills, and thick enough metal to react to being hit. Plus the 'lungs' blow out the back.

I would second the tire. I used to have access to a neighbors canyon that made a good range. It had a gradual slope toward me with a great back drop. we would set up abandoned farm tires so they were just balanced up right. shooting the rim would knock them down so we put the target on the rubber, which would rock with pistols. The game was to try to gradually turn the tire so that it would roll down the hill towards us and shoot it as it rolled. It was tricky to do without knocking it over. That was a lot of fun, and kept you sharp once it got going.

Another good one if you can leave your range set up is a pipe frame with pieces of scrap steel either hinged on a rod, or hanging from two chains each. Hit them with spray paint now and then is all the range set up and clean up you need after that. That works good for number drills or keeping alternate hangers moving rapidly.

• 3 weeks later...

Most fruit and vegetables work well frozen bottles of water with or without food coloring use to shoot cars for machine gun shoots lots of fun fyi and check hardware store for out of date grout aerosol cans just stand back it gets messy foam heads they use to display wigs and hats and the old favorite just set up some clays and let them have it