What will be the first gun you buy in 2012?

New Year's is approaching fast. I know I'm not the only one that will start it with a bang. Besides waiting for a S-20 (thanks ItsAllCreated!!!) and the Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 to arrive, I'm hunting for a good deal on a Benelli M4. I'll throw a factory collapsible stock, Carriercomp full capacity mag tube and follower, Gisselle hammer, and maybe some Freedom Fighter hand guards on it for compliance. Something like this...

1ae65288.jpg

Or, for the zombie obessed...

e5f7fd6e.jpg

How are you going to ring in the new year?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I probably wont be able to keep this promise to myself....but. I have vowed not to buy anymore guns this year. I have otherwise vowed to get set on more accessories to go along with what i have. Ammo,

I dont think it will be the first, but might be. Barrett 82A1

I'm pretty sure a 1911 was what I said was going to be my first, when this thread first started.   That didn't work out, but here is what ended up as my first in 2012:     2.25" Ruger SP-101 in .

Posted Images

well a good choice non the less, you could opt for a full on m1014 if you can find one for around 2k. i wouldnt pay what some want for them when they come around for sale. how much coin will it set you back for the extras thrown in?

im going to try and get one of three. a sig 716 (if they ever get released), barrett 98b or a scar h. wich ever one comes to me first is the one im going with. even if its the only gun of the year i pick up, ill be happy with either one.

well a good choice non the less, you could opt for a full on m1014 if you can find one for around 2k. i wouldnt pay what some want for them when they come around for sale. how much coin will it set you back for the extras thrown in?

im going to try and get one of three. a sig 716 (if they ever get released), barrett 98b or a scar h. wich ever one comes to me first is the one im going with. even if its the only gun of the year i pick up, ill be happy with either one.

Well, I should have jumped in a while ago...before they prices skyrocketed. The M1014 is sweet but it is costs a premium. I can accomplish the same thing (better actually as the tibe is lighter/titanium) at a better price. Right now it's the stocks that are a real kick int he nuts... $375-400.

I'd get the SCAR17! Definitely the best handling .308 I've held. Well balanced, light weight, light recoil, etc. The biggest downfall right now is the availability of mags and, for some, a reciprocating bolt handle.

ETA, If you don't already know, Magpul .308 Pmags can be made to work with the 17. A heat gun, belt sander and Dremel are your friends.

Edited by sunnybean

I'm taking a long look at the Sig 2022 pistol. I'm in the market for something more common than my Tokarev, just not sure it's what I want. For sure no Glock. I hate the way they feel in my hand. And the XD which I do like, is simply too expensive at this point.

Well, I should have jumped in a while ago...before they prices skyrocketed. The M1014 is sweet but it is costs a premium. I can accomplish the same thing (better actually as the tibe is lighter/titanium) at a better price. Right now it's the stocks that are a real kick int he nuts... $375-400.

I'd get the SCAR17! Definitely the best handling .308 I've held. Well balanced, light weight, light recoil, etc. The biggest downfall right now is the availability of mags and, for some, a reciprocating bolt handle.

The SCAR 17 mags are almost impossible to get. I ordered one for a client some time back, and yesterday he called me to tell me the only mags he has been able to find are on an auction site, with the current price somewhere near $200!!!! That's crazy. I told him he should have bought a 16" Saiga 308 and converted it.

I'm taking a long look at the Sig 2022 pistol. I'm in the market for something more common than my Tokarev, just not sure it's what I want. For sure no Glock. I hate the way they feel in my hand. And the XD which I do like, is simply too expensive at this point.

The SCAR 17 mags are almost impossible to get. I ordered one for a client some time back, and yesterday he called me to tell me the only mags he has been able to find are on an auction site, with the current price somewhere near $200!!!! That's crazy. I told him he should have bought a 16" Saiga 308 and converted it.

well that sucks. i know troy industries makes new mags that are supposed to work for the scar platform but they're only in 5.56. that blows ass nuggets. i dont really wanna pay that much for just mags.

ETA, If you don't already know, Magpul .308 Pmags can be made to work with the 17. A heat gun, belt sander and Dremel are your friends.

id love the scar 17. but that mag shortage is kinda a turn off. i wish FN would have a damn store to purchase shit like this from. (i havent been to their site in a while so they just may.)

that sucks on the price of that stock. plus 1500 or so for the shotgun. damn. almost as bad as me and my wants.cool.png

im really considering that barrett 98b. i just hate that ammo is over a hundred bucks for a box of 20. and i dont have any access to reloading shit for that caliber either. thats the con of the barrett for me.

Does a layaway count? I have a colt AR that ill be picking up after newyears. Besides that I think I have everything covered. Umpteen 9mm's, 2 .45s, 2 battle rifles ..FAL and Garand, a bolt gun, a krink sbr and a full size AK in 7.62 and one in 5.45. I think this next year ill stick to buying ammo, mags, gear and supplies. God I hope I don't talk myself into another gun, or worse, another caliber!

Well there is that cheap G17 oh and a S&W 1006 ...damn it!

Does a layaway count? I have a colt AR that ill be picking up after newyears. Besides that I think I have everything covered. Umpteen 9mm's, 2 .45s, 2 battle rifles ..FAL and Garand, a bolt gun, a krink sbr and a full size AK in 7.62 and one in 5.45. I think this next year ill stick to buying ammo, mags, gear and supplies. God I hope I don't talk myself into another gun, or worse, another caliber!

Well there is that cheap G17 oh and a S&W 1006 ...damn it!

Haha! You do get it (you had me there for a minute). There is ALWAYS another one out there.

Of course, you can never have too many mags or too much ammo. LOL.

I have a canadian NEA 15 on order, 14 inch barrel version(no sbr rules over here , it just has to be over 30 inches total length), hopefully the shipment arrives before easter?

Never heard of them until now. Look pretty sweet! What was your deciding factor(s) for the NEA instead of some other high end maker?

That's actually a timely question. Currently working on a HB Mosin money pit project. A posted the question with the wife since 2012 is an election year and as you know the worlds going to end. I was thinking on dropping quite a bit early in the year as a investment for 4Q 2012 if folks panic again. Guns or Ammo? She never says a word in general, I work hard for a living, but she did disclose that this year I dropped about 5krolleyes.gif

Now the choice is what I want vs what I can potentially make money on?

First gun of the year is going to be a CZ made VZ-58 then a RPK-74 sometime this year the rest of the year is deicated to finishing projects like my 2 russian 5.45 krinkov builds, the His/Her's 12.5" S-12's, and a couple AR's need little things to get them wrapped up then if I get all that done a FN FAL for next Christmas.

First gun of the year is going to be a CZ made VZ-58 then a RPK-74 sometime this year the rest of the year is deicated to finishing projects like my 2 russian 5.45 krinkov builds, the His/Her's 12.5" S-12's, and a couple AR's need little things to get them wrapped up then if I get all that done a FN FAL for next Christmas.

I like the way you operate!

I have a canadian NEA 15 on order, 14 inch barrel version(no sbr rules over here , it just has to be over 30 inches total length), hopefully the shipment arrives before easter?

Never heard of them until now. Look pretty sweet! What was your deciding factor(s) for the NEA instead of some other high end maker?

because they come from canada there is none of the extra costs and red tape that the US charge for exporting, its touted as the first new AR15 to cost less than $2000 NZD in about 15 years. the cheapest at the moment is the Anderson AM15 at $2500 NZD, i have wanted an AR for years but the price was too high, gun shops were gouging customers, for years as demand outstripped supply, now small companies are able to bring them in and undercut the big guys we can finally have some sensible prices( sensible for us, i know you guys would choke at paying 2k for a budget AR)

because they come from canada there is none of the extra costs and red tape that the US charge for exporting, its touted as the first new AR15 to cost less than $2000 NZD in about 15 years. the cheapest at the moment is the Anderson AM15 at $2500 NZD, i have wanted an AR for years but the price was too high, gun shops were gouging customers, for years as demand outstripped supply, now small companies are able to bring them in and undercut the big guys we can finally have some sensible prices( sensible for us, i know you guys would choke at paying 2k for a budget AR)

Thanks for posting. It's always good to hear a market getting caught up with their flow of weapons. $2000+ is expensive, but I can certainly understand...addictions are a bitch. Your post makes me remember that I should not take my God given right as an American for granted.

Curious what, if any, Saigas are available to you? What are the prices?

Im looking for an SKS-D. I found one in Kentucky for $350 but im not a KY resident (or a resident of a neighboring state) so i couldnt FTF it and he wont ship it :(

Darn! I'd like to add an M or D to the collection.

Edited by sunnybean