What will be the first gun you buy in 2012?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I probably wont be able to keep this promise to myself....but. I have vowed not to buy anymore guns this year. I have otherwise vowed to get set on more accessories to go along with what i have. Ammo,

I dont think it will be the first, but might be. Barrett 82A1

I'm pretty sure a 1911 was what I said was going to be my first, when this thread first started.   That didn't work out, but here is what ended up as my first in 2012:     2.25" Ruger SP-101 in .

Posted Images

Sunnybean, we get saigas and veprs here, the most expensive is the vepr at around $1500nzd,to $2500. unconverted saigas around 900 to 1000nzd. the supply is not constant and often they are not avalible then the price goes up for the the next shipment. you folks have got plenty of good stuff at excellent prices, about the only thing we are better of in is silencers, no restrictions or permits needed, just walk in and buy them or spin one up on the lathe.

Edited by second shooter

The Wife just authorized a Draco and another case of blastin ammo to go along with it...so a Draco will be my first for 2012! big_smile.gif

Sweet!

I will be getting my first Saiga, an S12. Assuming the prices don't go retarded by the time I get back to the States in August, I should be out the door for about $1000 including conversion parts and mags.

Paying on some FN Minimi 249 parts but I'll most likely get some more AR receivers before that. Would really like to get a Nemesis arms break down bolt action off the list but I doubt I'll be able to afford it this year.....BOOOOO!

XDM45 3.8 is the only one I'm thinking about at moment so far. Going to convert an S12 I've had in the safe for awhile too.

Well another 5.45 is looking like a reality. Wasn't thinking that yesterday.

Edited by NM0

I probably wont be able to keep this promise to myself....but. I have vowed not to buy anymore guns this year. I have otherwise vowed to get set on more accessories to go along with what i have. Ammo, holsters, cases, blah blah, training even. I am already signed up for a class.

I know sounds cheesy but i have enough guns for this year, i need all those other things i say i need.

• Like 3

New Year's is approaching fast. I know I'm not the only one that will start it with a bang. Besides waiting for a S-20 (thanks ItsAllCreated!!!) and the Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 to arrive, I'm hunting for a good deal on a Benelli M4. I'll throw a factory collapsible stock, Carriercomp full capacity mag tube and follower, Gisselle hammer, and maybe some Freedom Fighter hand guards on it for compliance. Something like this...

1ae65288.jpg

Or, for the zombie obessed...

e5f7fd6e.jpg

How are you going to ring in the new year?

Sonnybean, maybe I can offer some insight. The M4 is one of the weapons under the 922r provisions, which supposedly

don't count for shotguns anymore with that ruling a few months back. I could be wrong on that.

Anyway, the way they can be sold in the US is two ways. They can have One Evil Feature, which, on these guns,

is pistol grip, a collapsible stock, or an extended mag. Since collapsible stocks usually mean pistol grips as well,

none get sold with them. What you see is usually the fixed stock, with pistol grip, and short mag tube. Your second

picture has the short mag tube, but it has the collapsible stock.

What many people do is change the amount of Italian (foreign) parts in the gun to make the gun meet the 922r

regs. Most folks change the mag tube, the spring, the follower, and the forearm. Personally, I just don't

care about bullshit regs that are now even less relevant, and I bought mine used, so who knows what config

it came in when I bought it. That being said, the Benelli factory two round extension is out there for a hundred

bucks or so, and that mag tube is in there TIGHT, so screwing on the extension is just fine with me.

Also, I can try to find the info on the collapsible stocks if you want; I know of a guy who used to have them for 275,

I think.

Lastly, a VERY important point. Make damn sure the one you buy, if it has the fixed stock, has the machining cutouts

in the recoil tube for the collapsible stock to work. The only difference between the Super90, or whatever its civilian

designation is, and the M4, is those cutouts, and the only difference between the M4 and the Marine's version is the

collapsible stock and longer mag, both of which can be added without tools, but you MUST have the right recoil tube.

Allegedly a customized Saiga IZ-240 Rifle that has been over in Hawaii for more than two years (yea. . . a few of you know about it).

But actually, a rebuilt M1 Garand T26 ('Tanker') with semi-fancy walnut stock and chambered for 7.62x51mm.

greedy.gif

I'd like to have quite a few different firearms.

Firearms I really want... Priority.

Rem 700 in .308, either the SPS Tactical or LTR... I've actually contemplated selling my Saiga.308.ver-21 to fund this horror.gif

Another Saiga-12, Saiga-7.62x39. and XD9 4" Service model.

Firearms that'd be cool to have, but not priority.

Piston driven AR10

Vepr 7.62x39 with target barrel

SxS 12g, with working hammers and double trigger

O/U 12g for clay sports.

Colt Combat Commander .45acp

Edited by ChileRelleno

Sonnybean, maybe I can offer some insight. The M4 is one of the weapons under the 922r provisions, which supposedly

don't count for shotguns anymore with that ruling a few months back. I could be wrong on that.

Anyway, the way they can be sold in the US is two ways. They can have One Evil Feature, which, on these guns,

is pistol grip, a collapsible stock, or an extended mag. Since collapsible stocks usually mean pistol grips as well,

none get sold with them. What you see is usually the fixed stock, with pistol grip, and short mag tube. Your second

picture has the short mag tube, but it has the collapsible stock.

What many people do is change the amount of Italian (foreign) parts in the gun to make the gun meet the 922r

regs. Most folks change the mag tube, the spring, the follower, and the forearm. Personally, I just don't

care about bullshit regs that are now even less relevant, and I bought mine used, so who knows what config

it came in when I bought it. That being said, the Benelli factory two round extension is out there for a hundred

bucks or so, and that mag tube is in there TIGHT, so screwing on the extension is just fine with me.

Also, I can try to find the info on the collapsible stocks if you want; I know of a guy who used to have them for 275,

I think.

Lastly, a VERY important point. Make damn sure the one you buy, if it has the fixed stock, has the machining cutouts

in the recoil tube for the collapsible stock to work. The only difference between the Super90, or whatever its civilian

designation is, and the M4, is those cutouts, and the only difference between the M4 and the Marine's version is the

collapsible stock and longer mag, both of which can be added without tools, but you MUST have the right recoil tube.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like your knowledgable on the platform. Maybe you can check me here as I'm still learning. As I understand it there are basically two civilian models. The 1014 comes with the collapsible stock but only has two cuts on the recoil tube. So, it can only go fully open or fully closed. The more common 11707 has a fixed pg stock but has three cuts in the recoil spring tube. So, a collapsible stock will work in closed, middle, and fully extended. Both come with a five round tube. I plan to get the 11707 then add the collapsible stock.

I want full capacity out of this "evil" gun. To navigate around 922r I will need to replace four of the countable parts. I plan to use a Carrier Comp full capacity magazine tube. As i understand it, the tube (mag) extensions do not count toward .992r. The full length titanium tubes have an added bonus of sheding 5.1 ounces off the factory (steel) full length tubes. The second US part I'll use is a Carrier Comp follower. The third pard will be a Gisselle hammer. For the forth part I will use some Freedom Fighter hand guards.

I already have the stock, and other parts on order. What I'm hunting for is a good deal on the gun. Or, if a used gun comes up built as I described for the right price, I will buy it and sell the parts I have on order to someone looking for a quick and easy .992r package for their base gun.

Let me know if I'm missing something here.

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!