What will be the first gun you buy in 2012?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I probably wont be able to keep this promise to myself....but. I have vowed not to buy anymore guns this year. I have otherwise vowed to get set on more accessories to go along with what i have. Ammo,

I dont think it will be the first, but might be. Barrett 82A1

I'm pretty sure a 1911 was what I said was going to be my first, when this thread first started.   That didn't work out, but here is what ended up as my first in 2012:     2.25" Ruger SP-101 in .

Posted Images

Getting married in May so it will probably be after that. Looking at a semi auto. 308. I like the Mega Arms MATEN billet lower with the one piece upper/rail combo, maybe a Kreiger barrel and high end trigger and parts. Also looking at the Super Vepr and or a M1A1, have to wait and see what my money looks like latter in the year. There is always the possibility of a impulse buy too.

No new guns are in the works, because I want to spend this year on ammo, gear, and training. But if I were getting something new:

A PTR 91 (I've never owned a .308), or

Marlin Model 60 (I don't have a .22 rifle), or

Glock 21 (I own a G19, and its lonely)

Wow! Was just drooling over a Coonan .357mag Auto, http://www.coonaninc.../pistol/cPath,5

big_smile.gif I like it!

Go buy the one on the high (and mighty) road the guy is selling.

I might as well buy a new at his shipped price, for $100. more I know the exact history of the piece.

Besides, it falls into my wish list category... I could buy a lot of other beans, bullets & bandages for $1300+.

seeing how Im about to buy a house, my first gun this year is going to be a cheap throw out pistol or shotgun that is legal, for home defense.

I am not buying something if its main purpose is to be a crackhead stick, and lose it to the evidence locker.

so thats my next gun. cheap revolver or a yard sale special 12 gauge.

• Like 2

seeing how Im about to buy a house, my first gun this year is going to be a cheap throw out pistol or shotgun that is legal, for home defense.

I am not buying something if its main purpose is to be a crackhead stick, and lose it to the evidence locker.

so thats my next gun. cheap revolver or a yard sale special 12 gauge.

Exactly why I bought the inexpensive Mossy 500.

Marlin Model 60 (I don't have a .22 rifle)

Also look into a Ruger 10/22, it's the only rifle I'll be buying this year [already got my dream gun, now one for the wife]. Tons of aftermarket support and it operates like an AK, you'll feel right at home. Nothing wrong with the Marlin, just the choice I made between the two.

2c.gif

AK is was Cobras. Paid last year, but will recieve this year....so it will count as this year purchase.....

He is stripping\recoating metal....and putting some Russian Red Laminate Birch on her (Pictures soon I hope)

AND

Purchased the wife a Taurus #605 .357 to guard the house when I'm at work

post-22193-0-09979100-1325608267_thumb.jpg

post-22193-0-13514500-1325608388_thumb.jpg

Looking at a semi auto. 308.

The SP901 is finally coming out this year if you've got $2k to drop on it wink.png

thats why I'm looking at the SIG Sauer 716 or the G.A Precision Gap 10 they are about the same price and have recieved great reviews just not sure why they will hit the market

Edited by pony_express1973

I got myself a Saiga .223 for Christmas, so I don't think I'll make any more gun purchases for a while. My money's going into converting it, optics, etc.

Getting married in May so it will probably be after that. Looking at a semi auto. 308. I like the Mega Arms MATEN billet lower with the one piece upper/rail combo, maybe a Kreiger barrel and high end trigger and parts. Also looking at the Super Vepr and or a M1A1, have to wait and see what my money looks like latter in the year. There is always the possibility of a impulse buy too.

You'd betray Team Saiga?! How could you? :wet_eyes: Haha jk Those look pretty awesome.