What will be the first gun you buy in 2012?

It actually looks as though my first purchase will be 3 of the palmetto state armory stripped lowers. May do one as a pistol build!

I ordered 2 and planned on doing one as a pistol as well LOL

$5 transfers help a lot! Everyone else wants $25-$30 but my cousin is hooking me up. Wish I had the money for more right now. Lol!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I probably wont be able to keep this promise to myself....but. I have vowed not to buy anymore guns this year. I have otherwise vowed to get set on more accessories to go along with what i have. Ammo,

I dont think it will be the first, but might be. Barrett 82A1

I'm pretty sure a 1911 was what I said was going to be my first, when this thread first started.   That didn't work out, but here is what ended up as my first in 2012:     2.25" Ruger SP-101 in .

Posted Images

Well it only took 4 days or roughly 96 hours into a new year. Used (obviously) gen2 G20 with night sights, extended mag and slide release, and titanium firing pin. $370

Edited by Arik
  • Like 1

German production current issue P226 Sig.

Always wanted a W. German model but the new German model with the rail sure looks nice. Not sure if it will fit common holsters.

I want this pistol for weekly target practice.

My dad just got a p250, it's pretty sweet - it's modular, comes with a full size frame and a compact

Edited by go4tze

Have really been wanting an FS 2000. Looks like a neat little gun which I hope to hold next time the gun show is in town.

Likely though my first gun related purchase of the year will be a Tromix conversion (been on the wait list since July).

I'm also looking for a good bolt-action .308 rifle.

Got the Kimber Solo for Christmas, but the remaining list for 2012 is:

kimber-solo-carry-12.jpg

Shotgun:

Benelli M2 or Saiga 12

Benelli-M2-Tactical-2.jpgAK_Saiga_Folding_Stock.gif

Rifle:

Zastava MP Mannlicher in 17HMR and/or LK M70 in 308 (Battue, if possible), or a Ruger Gunsite Scout

thumb_MP_mannlicher_standard.jpgthumb_LK_m70_battuerib.jpg6803.jpg

Pistol:

S&W 2213, Ruger SP101 in 22LR, and a fuller-size 9mm, not sure what, maybe a Beretta 90-Two.

100_0459.jpg33072d1316649894-ruger-sp101-22lr-5765.jpgBeretta%2090-TWO%20right%20side,%20P1010063.JPG

Kimber Solo, by the way is pretty damn nifty. I've run 220 rounds through it without problems.

Edited by Koljec

Got the Kimber Solo for Christmas, but the remaining list for 2012 is:

kimber-solo-carry-12.jpg

Kimber Solo, by the way is pretty damn nifty. I've run 220 rounds through it without problems.

I looked at one for the Mrs. It felt great in the hand. When I did a bit of online research it seemed like there were numerous folk having problems. Lots of sending it back to Kimber for repair. The other complaint was fairly harsh felt recoil. I came to the conclusion that it wasn't the gun I want her to carry. If I new it would work out of the box, I'd be $700 lighter.

Kel-Tec RMR if they actually make it to market

They did. My store had one for about 1/2 a day before it was sold. $600! My jaw dropped when I heard the price

Edited by Arik

I looked at one for the Mrs. It felt great in the hand. When I did a bit of online research it seemed like there were numerous folk having problems. Lots of sending it back to Kimber for repair. The other complaint was fairly harsh felt recoil. I came to the conclusion that it wasn't the gun I want her to carry. If I new it would work out of the box, I'd be $700 lighter.

Yep, read the same stories. Pretty much every review is the same: feels great, looks great, very tight fit, shoots incredibly accurately for its barrel size. But then there's the darkside: lots of returns to kimber for servicing -- worn finish, FTF/Es, complaints about limited ammo variety, complaints about magazine capacity and high-cap mag availability...

Here's what's true: It's the highest-quality and arguably best-looking subcompact 9mm you can buy (is it the only modern one with a non-poly frame?), but it might have some bugs. The finish does indeed wear easily at particular spots: behind the slide release, at mag insert, on the slide rails. When the Solo shoots, it kicks and bites. But once you get your grip right, it's good out to 25 yards. It works best with 124gr and 147gr, but it can run many 115gr just fine -- my best results have been with Federal so far, but I'm gonna try out some Aguila this weekend. Kimber is very understanding of any issues with the new model -- it's unlike any gun they've made before. I put in an email to their customer service about wear on the finish (the only problem I've encountered so far), and they replied I could send it in whenever at Kimber's expense for a complete check-up. The extended mags are supposed to be out later this month, and night sights sometime after that. I'm looking forward to working towards concealed carry with it.

It's a very high quality gun with tight tolerances. If you can be patient and understanding of those things, it's a great pistol. If you need something proven, I'd go with a Kahr. I'll post if I change my mind after this weekend!

Edited by Koljec

Yep, read the same stories. Pretty much every review is the same: feels great, looks great, very tight fit, shoots incredibly accurately for its barrel size. But then there's the darkside: lots of returns to kimber for servicing -- worn finish, FTF/Es, complaints about limited ammo variety, complaints about magazine capacity and high-cap mag availability...

Here's what's true: It's the highest-quality and arguably best-looking subcompact 9mm you can buy (is it the only modern one with a non-poly frame?), but it might have some bugs. The finish does indeed wear easily at particular spots: behind the slide release, at mag insert, on the slide rails. When the Solo shoots, it kicks and bites. But once you get your grip right, it's good out to 25 yards. It works best with 124gr and 147gr, but it can run many 115gr just fine -- my best results have been with Federal so far, but I'm gonna try out some Aguila this weekend. Kimber is very understanding of any issues with the new model -- it's unlike any gun they've made before. I put in an email to their customer service about wear on the finish (the only problem I've encountered so far), and they replied I could send it in whenever at Kimber's expense for a complete check-up. The extended mags are supposed to be out later this month, and night sights sometime after that. I'm looking forward to working towards concealed carry with it.

It's a very high quality gun with tight tolerances. If you can be patient and understanding of those things, it's a great pistol. If you need something proven, I'd go with a Kahr. I'll post if I change my mind after this weekend!

That's a great review. I'm not completely turned off by any means. I'm just done paying that much for a well know name that isn't gonna be dead nuts reliable. There are a wall full of poly pistols that are half the price and have a proven track record. I am hopeful Kimber will work the bugs out to the point where I don't need to worry at all about getting a lemon. I'll give it a year or so. Maybe it'll make my, "What's you're first gun of 2013?".

The Mrs. shoots left handed so it's a promising CCW for her with the Ambi controls. Her eyes are turning the the Beretta Nano at the moment...

I am hopeful Kimber will work the bugs out to the point where I don't need to worry at all about getting a lemon. I'll give it a year or so. Maybe it'll make my, "What's you're first gun of 2013?".

The Mrs. shoots left handed so it's a promising CCW for her with the Ambi controls. Her eyes are turning the the Beretta Nano at the moment...

Yeah, I think just about everyone is hoping Kimber supports and refines the Solo. Some things are too big to fail, but the Solo is too cool to fail.

Beretta Nano could be an excellent choice -- I think I avoided it because I tend to think of Berettas as wide, but looking at the Nano specs, it claims to be narrower than the Solo.

well i said it was going to be a saiga 7.62 x39mm and it is bought it to day at the gun show 368.00 out the door and i bet it is threaded beveled chamber slots on barrel dimples pistol grip whole and it looks threaded under the sleeve it's11\30\09 wanted 2012 but i am happy

I like the honey badger's stock set up. Another company is making a very similar set up that I'd like to get my hands on for one of my builds. Anyone see the new Colt folding stock M4 model? I don't care much for it but it's different.