What will be the first gun you buy in 2012?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I probably wont be able to keep this promise to myself....but. I have vowed not to buy anymore guns this year. I have otherwise vowed to get set on more accessories to go along with what i have. Ammo,

I dont think it will be the first, but might be. Barrett 82A1

I'm pretty sure a 1911 was what I said was going to be my first, when this thread first started.   That didn't work out, but here is what ended up as my first in 2012:     2.25" Ruger SP-101 in .

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Scar 17 for me all the way. I'll probably have to throw in my STG 58 and cash to boot, but I believe it would be worth it. As for the mag issue, Thermold Metric FAL mags can be easily converted to work in the SCAR 17, and Thermold is supposed to be working on SCAR 17 mags now and hopes to market them in the next couple of months.

Hopefully by then I'll have one!032.gif

Allegedly a customized Saiga IZ-240 Rifle that has been over in Hawaii for more than two years (yea. . . a few of you know about it).

But actually, a rebuilt M1 Garand T26 ('Tanker') with semi-fancy walnut stock and chambered for 7.62x51mm.

greedy.gif

Picked up my DGR custom M1 Garand 'Tanker' Rifle yesterday from my FFL Dealer. tongue.png

CIMG4836.jpg

Now if the asshat in Hawaii would ever get around to completing the conversion on my IZ-240 rifle, all would be right in the world for me.

Edited by Gary

My first gun for 2012 will be here Tuesday.Sig 556 patrol rifle, big_smile.gif it will have the better looking folding stock.Will post a pic even though it will be plain jane.Now to save up for some Pmags and heavy grain ammo.

Edited by BuzzNectar

Allegedly a customized Saiga IZ-240 Rifle that has been over in Hawaii for more than two years (yea. . . a few of you know about it).

But actually, a rebuilt M1 Garand T26 ('Tanker') with semi-fancy walnut stock and chambered for 7.62x51mm.

greedy.gif

Picked up my DGR custom M1 Garand 'Tanker' Rifle yesterday from my FFL Dealer. tongue.png

CIMG4836.jpg

Now if the asshat in Hawaii would ever get around to completing the conversion on my IZ-240 rifle, all would be right in the world for me.

Damn Gary! That thing is pure sex!

• Like 1

I am going to be selling one of my boats soon so i can get my next firearm. I'm getting a Vepr 7.62x54r and customizing it to resemble a Dragunov with Dragunov style furniture,threaded muzzle, and muzzle brake. I am still waiting for the supposed 10 round mags that Atlantic firearms are making for the Vepr, i'm not sure if it will be a bottleneck mag or not so does anyone know if it is possible to get a gunsmith to custom fit a double stack Dragunov Mag into the receiver? that would look a whole lot better.