Non converted 922r legal or not?

I have searched the forums here and cal guns without a good answer. If I use a U.S made 10 round mag am I out of compliance? It's a real pain in the ass to juggle 922r and Kalifornia compliance be happy you don't live in Gunhaterville USA like me. Also have any of you made a raa skeleton stock block out panel to bypass the use of a mag lock if so please advice is wanted.

Portagee Mike

Edited by Portagee Mike

If this is a rifle then your fine, if its a shotgun then you have some work

We all used to quote a letter that stated parts count as 15.. But I've seen a letter showing a saiga 12 as having 16. Since mags count as three parts you have 13 with a stock saiga 12.

So my thoughts are, you need to remove 3 more parts. I'd go for: piston puck, front hand guard, and maybe the hammer.

It's a 223 with a factory skeleton stock no evil features what I was worried about is once you start changing to US parts do you have to go to 10. Also if I go with a US mag and change the hand guard I'm down to 10 with no problems it's the whole California mag lock law that sucks that's the one I'm trying to get around.

• 1 month later...

This a good question, but since you never stated which rifle you are reffering to makes it harder to answer.

From my understanding, if you have a Saiga or non C&R AK style rifle then you can install a USA "10 round" mag and be compliant. The same goes for a SKS (except for C&R) you can remove a wood hunting style stock from a (example Chinese SKS) and replace it with a synthetic hunting style stock and be compliant.

If you have a C&R then no you cannot, you would have to bring this to 922r compliancy.

Now that I went back and read you are in Commifornia, I do not know, the above is federal law.

Let us know what you find out... You may want to look at sksboards forum and search their, it has come up in the past and the owner moved from CA to TX because of the laws..