The ideal Saiga12

Hey everyone, im the FNG here and need some quick and dirty advice.

I own many many many AKs and I figure its time to add a Saiga12 to the safe too. But, i dont buy second best, ever. Money is not an issue.

So to expedite the topic.....

What is the most ideal Saiga12 to buy? Importer? Year? Barrel length? Person to convert? Furniture? Mags/drums?

Then on the contrast..........

What are the things to avoid and look for on "bad" ones?

Thanks!!!!

Read this:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/63493-i-just-ordered-a-saiga-12s-exp-01-030-in-the-usa/page__st__60

That's my ideal s12, but also would settle for:

006.jpg

Legion said they should be importing these and the 030's in Feburary/March

Which would makes sence seeing is how WPA is getting in vepr 12, or working on it anyway

Edited by AZG

If you like drum magazines, MD arms from carolina shooter supply are the way to go. There are no other options when it comes to drum magazines.

Regular magazines ? I have had bad experience with surefire and promag, and no other experience.

From there use your imagination and build one yourself. If you can't build one yourself, besides the names I would call you, nothing is wrong with any of the conversions you can find on the sponsors of this site, especially Tromix.

If there are any of the 030's left, ya, that would be the ultimate in collectable Saiga 12's here in the USA.

Oh and pardon me but screw reality tv and REDJACKET.

beaten.gif

I apologize for my remarks towards a business member, but screw reality tv, and dude, if you watch reality tv, screw you get a life.

If there are any of the 030's left, ya, that would be the ultimate in collectable Saiga 12's here in the USA.

Oh and pardon me but screw reality tv and REDJACKET.

beaten.gif

I apologize for my remarks towards a business member, but screw reality tv,

Really. No pardon. don't be a douche bag. If that's how you feel, fine. Keep that shit to yourself. Noone wants to hear it. Many of us have families/children that watch reality tv and crap like that. No need to go say'n screw people because of the way they spend time with their families. And regardless of how a tv show looks, it's common sence that that's all bs created for ratings. Redjacket are good people, that you can't fake for tv. So why even say it if you're just gonna preemptively appologise for it. This just doesn't make sence.

and dude, if you watch reality tv, screw you get a life.

I have a very blessed life btw, a nice house and truck, a steady job and a healthy family. Get a clue, gtfu

• Like 3

If money isn't a worry and you just want something that will work out of the box, just buy a Tromix or Red Jacket gun and be done with it.

When I was in the market for a combat shotgun, I was up in the air about the S12 or the Benelli M4. Like you, I wasn't concerned about the money - but I wanted something that would operate flawlessly. I had read here about the potential S12 issues with gas ports and the like. I was still making the decision when I ran into an S12 at my local shop for $375. I decided to jump on it, and reasoned that if I ended up with a problem gun I could always just send it out to Tromix or RJ or the like to get it worked over, and I'd still be in for less than the Benelli and have a better gun to boot.

Turns out my gun was fine, and all I had to do was dig in to convert it.

I think Matt @C&S is still taking on custom "one off" builds that typically aren't offered by the other business members. Might be worth checking depending on what you want done. Last time I checked, the only camera's were security relatedwink.png

I own many many many AKs and I figure its time to add a Saiga12 to the safe too. But, i dont buy second best, ever. Money is not an issue.

Money not a issue? Call Tromix and tell them your not interested in one of their regular builds. Tell Tony your going to spit a wad of greenbacks at him that will make him blush and I'm sure he will deliver.

Really. No pardon. don't be a douche bag. If that's how you feel, fine. Keep that shit to yourself. Noone wants to hear it. Many of us have families/children that watch reality tv and crap like that.

Pretty sure bigsnoz asked for an opinion. And many of you that watch reality tv even call it "CRAP." I have seen their guns first hand, I lived in Louisiana for several years and they turned me on to Saiga 12's, but after their TV show their prices went up and their quality has not, while TROMIX has always been the STANDARD. I'm not here to argue this, I convert all of my own, but don't sell them online.

And regardless of how a tv show looks, it's common sence that that's all bs created for ratings. Redjacket are good people, that you can't fake for tv.

I wonder if you realized how backwards it is to comment on my double speak while saying that tv is undoubtedly fake and then say that tv cannot be faked.

My apologies come from my gratitude to RedJacket for bringing the Saiga 12 to a national audience. I think there are better Saigas to be had from other business members here and that is what I hoped to convey.

BIGSNOZ if you want a russian (looking) one that is as russian as it gets get a 030, there should only ever be like 207 of hem in the United States.

If you want an Americian one call Tony at Tromix and get a SBS.

TromixS17withHellion_6.jpg

If after getting that you are still loaded down with cash, get a silencer for the thing.

At that point your best bet is REDJACKET

015.gif12gasuppressor.jpg

Ideal for what? Truck gun, 3 Gun, range blaster, CQB, SD, Hunting, making fireballs, extended range slug use, hanging a bunch of crap off of it, admiring and never shooting, ....? Kind of hard to make a suggestion without knowing exactly what the intended purpose of the weapon is.

This is one of my favorites....

post-22401-0-43585800-1325464017_thumb.jpg

I like the traditional look, but it has very subtle and functional modifications that most people wouldn't even notice.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Ideal for what? Truck gun, 3 Gun, range blaster, CQB, SD, Hunting, making fireballs, extended range slug use, hanging a bunch of crap off of it, admiring and never shooting, ....? Kind of hard to make a suggestion without knowing exactly what the intended purpose of the weapon is.

I like the traditional look, but it has very subtle and functional modifications that most people wouldn't even notice.

I think, in this case, "ideal" means "the most expensive one I can find".

Yeah, pretty much. LOL (Kind of how my wife gauges my toys too)

I dont want one for the purpose of hanging every tactical jobber from. I want one that is the best build quality, fit, finish, and reliability. I want the one that would be the first choice to grab if the zombies were marching down the street.

I want the Mercedes SL63 AMG of the Saiga12s. :)

• Like 1

Money not a issue? Call Tromix and tell them your not interested in one of their regular builds. Tell Tony your going to spit a wad of greenbacks at him that will make him blush and I'm sure he will deliver.

LOL :)

Beautiful. I will call them and see what the deal is.

Thanks everyone for the candor and opinions (less the reality tv tangent). big_smile.gif (Because everyone knows Lizard Lick Towing is 100% real)

Keep it flowing, i will watch/read and gain in my education.

Yeah, pretty much. LOL (Kind of how my wife gauges my toys too)

I dont want one for the purpose of hanging every tactical jobber from. I want one that is the best build quality, fit, finish, and reliability. I want the one that would be the first choice to grab if the zombies were marching down the street.

I want the Mercedes SL63 AMG of the Saiga12s. smile.png

Well, in that case, Nailbomb, well, nailed it.

Tromix will build you one outstandingly beautiful firearm that would be just as comfortable on the range doing drum dumps as it would be hanging on a wall with a light shining on it for others to admire.

Of course, so will Lone Star, and they would be my recommendation, they're hungry, they want the same attention that Tromix has and they pay the same attention to detail. Tromix has been doing it longer though and they ARE the company that started it all...

Edited by Caged