Top Converted Saiga-12 Manufacturers for Home Defense

I guess once you've built a few thousand guns, you might build them as well as Tony does. If you have the aptitude, overall gunsmithing experience, machine tools and engineering support that he does.

That being said, hobby conversions are a great low-cost way of getting your gun made, and a lot of fun to do. And there are a few guys that can make them reasonably reliable, but I'll bet you that I've seen more botched conversions than you've seen Saigas.

• Like 2

It was worth every single sec, minute, and month that I waited on my Tromix conversion. Absolutely amazing work by Tony and this is coming from someone who is mostly into the high end ARs (Colt, Noveske, BCM, KAC). Many of the best things in life come through patience and a Tromix is well worth it. As for those who like to do their own conversions, good for you. I'll be doing one myself down the road too. However I'm not egotistical/naive enough to believe that my conversion will be anywhere near Tony's. It's the same with my ARs. I love my own home built one but it's still not on the same level as my KAC.

aren't you the same asshole who wanted to know the standard load of buckshot?

first you have to find your adjusted penis size to figure out the appropriate sight setup

6_23_11_TMI.jpg

then you can go on from there

Is your comment supposed to be directed at me? If so, you definitely have the wrong person. I've never posted anything/anywhere that even remotely resembles that accusation.

Edited by Jeep297

aren't you the same asshole who wanted to know the standard load of buckshot?

first you have to find your adjusted penis size to figure out the appropriate sight setup

6_23_11_TMI.jpg

then you can go on from there

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/73528-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-drum-magazines/page__fromsearch__1

Nailbomb

Plague-Bearer

• av-13865.jpg
  • Super Moderator
  • n_modplusplus.gif
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

Guys don't pick on AlphaOne

I have 2 good reasons.

One the guy might be Mentally handicapped. No really and I mean no disrespect with that. Its the only reason I can figure he would Report Tac-47 for "spamming the forum" when they posted some pics of their build in this thread...

http://forum.saiga-1...post__p__718270

Two... You shouldn't be hearing back from him, and no one likes a one sided conversation

Edited by Jetmech

Is your comment supposed to be directed at me? If so, you definitely have the wrong person. I've never posted anything/anywhere that even remotely resembles that accusation.

it sure as hell was, wanna fight me?

jk laugh.png it wasnt directed at you

Didn't think it was but you never know on these crazy internet forums. biggrin.png

It's the same with my ARs. I love my own home built one but it's still not on the same level as my KAC.

For you newer guys............There are just a few of these floating around, and only 6 or 7 in .223..........

A truly SWEET AR................ (11.5")

post-3950-0-85386000-1326238875_thumb.jpg

post-3950-0-98600900-1326238912.jpg

Edited by Jeaux E

It was worth every single sec, minute, and month that I waited on my Tromix conversion. Absolutely amazing work by Tony and this is coming from someone who is mostly into the high end ARs (Colt, Noveske, BCM, KAC). Many of the best things in life come through patience and a Tromix is well worth it. As for those who like to do their own conversions, good for you. I'll be doing one myself down the road too. However I'm not egotistical/naive enough to believe that my conversion will be anywhere near Tony's. It's the same with my ARs. I love my own home built one but it's still not on the same level as my KAC.

Very well said, and I hope to save up enough to have a Tromix build one day, it'll have a place in the safe right next to mine and one from Lone Star too! Fact is, I couldn't even dream to learn as much about the Saiga-12 as Tony has forgotten. I'm not saying that my gun is as good as a Tromix either, BUT I WILL say that mine is just as reliable. True, I might need to clean mine more often and nothing on it is welded so I need to check the allen screws every thousand rounds or so but I KNOW that when that bump-in-the-night moment comes, and I decide to protect myself with an S-12, mine will function as needed, just like a Tromix would. I can't go shot-for-shot with a Tromix build just like I can't go up against Bill Mitchell in the quarter-mile with MY 'vette, but, like Bill Mitchell's engines, mine fires up every time you hit the key.

This is the point that I was getting at. I'll have a Tromix and a Lone Star one day, maybe even a Red Jacket, but mine will still be great because I built it, and I know it inside and out.