More room

Was just messing around in the safe and figured a way to get two more long guns in there. Thought I was at max but now am thinking what I can use next.

Have only one 5.45 and over 5.5K of ammo so that seems like a smart choice.

Can envision either a Russian Red or Plum set up.

Looks like a few places got the $299 deal on backorder still going.

What do you all think?

• Like 1

Those Polish Tantal's have always caught my eye. Already got the AR's collapsed and to the side in safe, a side folder won't really save any new available space. Good thinking though. Did pick up a Mini Draco recently because I could fit it on a smaller side shelve.

I'm leaning towards plum.

tantals are nice. my buddy here redone one with a tiger stripe type of finish. turned out great.

when i bought my sgl 31 i was stuck between black or plum. but since i went plum, i have no regrets. i dont really think that pictures do them justice. one of the few things that have to be seen in person to fully appreciate.

but either way, you cant go wrong with another 5.45.

Thanks for input. Bottom line is I would really like another gun to wrench on. I do believe an additional 5.45 is the way to go. Wanted to do the wife's 7.62 in plum but she was more into the OD Green. A new rifle opens new opportunities.

• 3 weeks later...

The $299 5.45 came in.

Thought you all would get a kick out of me being duly notified by my new FFL that TGI is a bad importer, the barrel on my rifle may have been replaced with surplus and probably is good for about 200 rounds max, etc...that's why it was so cheap. His buddy had an AK from TGI a few years ago and it was a throw away rifle.

I just ended up saying thanks for info, and I'll have to look into it. Don't really think he is trying to BS me. He just doesn't know what the Saiga really is.

imarangemaster's old plum furniture will look good once I do the conversion. Got a lot going on right now so probably won't get to it for a few weeks. Do need to place an order with MARKW and CSS soon.

PLUM545.jpg

Captain Hero...Yes it's always a good feeling to do another project.

Edited by NM0
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...