Where does one get Saiga parts?

I have a pre-ban .410. Constant FTEs. It's built exactly like my X39. Same type of springs, same receiver cover. Gave it to my gunsmith, he made the "ejecting" slot a little longer and it helped, but not perfect. BTW, the only reason he checked it out was because I purchased it from him and he told me he'd look at it if I had problems. So I still have some problems. Have at least one FTE with plastic hulls and Russian is a nightmare. Decided to take the bull by the horns and starting reading and looking at Saiga shotguns here and elsewhere. Noticed that sliding "dust" plate that the shotties have that mine doesn't. I believe that and the proper springs could be my fix. So where do you get the parts? They seem to be difficult to get, or is my Google-Fu weak these days? I'll post this in the .410 section as well. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Parts for Saiga shotguns? LOL... Bwhahahahahahahaha haha.gif

Best bet, buy another just for parts.

You can also check with various S12.com Business Members to see if they have anything laying around their shops.

Or check the WTS Forum everyday in the hopes the the rare to find parts pop up, which they do from time to time.

.410 parts are going to be harder to find than S12 parts.

Sounds like you don't need factory replacement parts. If you do, your only certain option is to buy another shotgun and part it out. Failing that, contact Tom Cole at Cadiz Gun Works - as the former Saiga warranty center, there's a slim chance he'll have the parts you seek.

Sounds like you don't need factory replacement parts. If you do, your only certain option is to buy another shotgun and part it out. Failing that, contact Tom Cole at Cadiz Gun Works - as the former Saiga warranty center, there's a slim chance he'll have the parts you seek.

No offense but if I'm gonna buy another one, I'll ditch the old one and keep the working model. Guess I have sort of an albatross here. Not much talk about the older ones. Bought it for the wife as a low recoil shooter. The price was cheap. Allegedly owned buy an old man who only bought it because it was going to be banned (Clinton). Not a high round count and I believe it because there was still paint on the rails. Have a good relationship with my gunsmith. Been going to him for years. I believe him, or at least believe that he believes the story given by the deceased man's wife. Now I know why. I bet he had problems with it. The proverbial car owned by an old lady in Pasadena story. The pisser is that my wife never cared for it! Problems aside, she didn't care for my X39. Too many controls to think about. I figure I'll get it working, convert it and sell it to fund something else. BTW, my wife is a shooter, just prefers revolvers(and she's dead on with them too! And I'm talking .357s). She likes simple to operate firearms. It might take me awhile but I'll figure out how to get it working. After all, it's AK based. All it should take is a big hammer, a chisel and a large screwdriver, right? ;) (kidding)

No offense taken. Parting out another gun would be a foolish move. It's just the only certain option if someone is dead set on replacement parts. Anything else is a maybe. In all seriousness, these guns have lots of issues with the gas system. If you're having failures to eject, it's more likely a gas system problem than a dust cover problem, although it certainly could be the dust cover. If you can find another Saiga .410 for comparison, it might help you diagnose the issue. My guess is your gas ports are too few or too small.