Where the hell can I find a Saiga IZ 240 (5.45) for under $379?

New member here and I need to get my hands on a saiga in 5.45. I missed my chance a couple of months ago and now they're through the roof. Atlantic Firearms has them for 379. But after them charging for using a credit card and shipping i'm already into a $300 dollar rifle for like $415. Everywhere I've looked doesn't have them at the moment and the forecast looks like there won't be any for a month or 2(not willing to wait that long). Any websites I might have not looked at yet? Anyone have a nice one for sale? I'm in CT so buying at store isn't a real option. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Ya I called J&G this morning they said they have no real time or date but they haven't gotten a shipment in a month and probably won't for a month or 2. Kind of bad news for you if it's accurate. When they do get them I'll probably buy 3, but with my luck they'll have the 2 days after I get one. But I've spent so much time looking I've given up. I'm about to just give in and give atlantic firearms my money. Probably shed a tear though while doing it, Ha. Thanks for the help

And what's up with people trying to sell them on gunbroker and other sites for like 400+?

The J&G site lists them as $299 on back order.

When you talked to them did they say anything about honoring that price if you ordered now?

Ya I called J&G this morning they said they have no real time or date but they haven't gotten a shipment in a month and probably won't for a month or 2. Kind of bad news for you if it's accurate. When they do get them I'll probably buy 3, but with my luck they'll have the 2 days after I get one. But I've spent so much time looking I've given up. I'm about to just give in and give atlantic firearms my money. Probably shed a tear though while doing it, Ha. Thanks for the help

And what's up with people trying to sell them on gunbroker and other sites for like 400+?

No neither of us mentioned price but I'd think if you ordered it now they would have to honor it. I'd be more worried about the price if you waited till they got them. But you never really know. He just basically said that they had a meeting on saturday(I'm guessing with the importers) and they didn't give them a date but he was led to believe it would be a month or 2. I would order it now but us young people are very impatient.

Ya no problem. I've been getting so stressed out with the whole situation, haha. I've already ordered 2 bulgarian circle rpk magazines and I am ordering a IZ 240 tomorrow regardless of price. Just figured it was worth a try finding a lower price but what are you gonna do. Guess anything below 500 is a good price on any gun these days.

Don't stress. This stuff is supposed to be fun. Sometimes projects don't really go as planned.

I had a crate or ammo, mags and parts before I picked up the 5.45 last time. Seems like I'm headed in same direction with this one.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Ya I definitely will. And I just saw a pic of your 5.45(or one of them) on one of your threads(Bakelite). Looks nice. I plan on doing the full conversion because I want the cleaning rod underneath and what not. But after seeing what you did maybe I'll reconsider, or just not do the full conversion to all of them because I plan on buying quite a few of these babies. How do you like yours?

I plan on getting 2-3 spam cans in a week of 2 as well. Main reason for getting this rifle other than than AK's are sick and I can't own one in 7.62 here in CT is the ability to stockpile a massive amount of ammo for cheap. i want so orange bakelite magazines soooo bad. but 60 dollars for a 30 round magazine when I can get a bulgarian circle 45rnd magazine for like 40 is kinda pushing it. But i really at least need on 20 and one 45 round one so I can look all cool when showing pictures. haha kidding. But I and going with wood and a bakelite grip so I'd like to match. Also good investment.

I meant i want an orange bakelite mag* and i need at least one 30* (I suck at typing)

The 5.45 you saw is undergoing more changes. Going to change GB and add cleaning rod (parts on the way). Have Hogue forearm grip for it now too.

The 5.45 is a breeze to shoot. It's accurate and runs great with spam can ammo (hard to beat the price). You will be happy with yours once you got it to your liking.

ya I already know I will. Saiga 12's are fun and all but I'm a rifle kinda guy. I love my AR-15s but I will always love the AK platform and I'd rather have a real russian one than some other variant. So to me it's worth the elbow grease. Never converted one before but it looks a whole lot easier than replacing a bmw clutch or just about any real work on a car and i've already watched a ton of videos and have a good idea. I'm really siked. Have to see how it does out to 400 yards compared to the AR. I bet it won't give up anything to it. Thanks for the input.

they're out of stock at classic arms, but thanks anyways man. I think it's the only saiga they don't have right now.

J&G is honoring the $299 sale price so I went ahead and placed the order. It shipped with FFL with come in just under $340. I'm OK with that.

Did you ask how long before they will be in? I'm thinking about putting in another order.

ya I broke down today and spent the 380 at atlantic today, its coming out to 430 with ffl. make sure to let me know when you get yours so I can either be happy that i bought it or pissed off that i didnt wait. Haha. I called around today, I called classic arms and a few other places and they had absolutely nothing to say and were even a little rude.

I bought 2 east german bakelite mags today and I'm buying real russian AK-74 wood hand guards and a bakelite grip tomorrow and my 2 bulgarian circle 10 rpk 45rnd mags should be here in a couple days. I'm more excited about the bakelite than I am about the rifle! next week ill get 1 or 2 bakelite rpk mags. I'm already addicted! i hope this doesn't get as bad as the AR's!

2 weeks ago I bought one from Arms Of America for $352 shipped to my FFL. They shipped it out the same day and I picked it up last week. Best price that I could find in the current inventory out there.

Good deal on getting yours jweezyadig.

Keep us informed on your conversion. Sounds like it will be a nice one for sure. I'm in no hurry for mine. Just wanted to lock in at the $299 and am willing to wait.

Have fun.

With all the money spent yesterday my conversion will be a while as well haha. And I wish I found out about arms of america yesterday I spent 410 on mine! I'm one of those people who gets all nervous and feels like if I don't buy something not I won't be able to later on. So not that I found all these magazines and russian wood and what not I'm buying as much of it as i can afford.

From what I hear it's going to be rough trying to find all the russian wood and such because it's all been bought up, same with bakelite magazines. So the way I see it is a good investment one way or the other, and I'm just dying to have.

And thanks for the help and the input everybody, it's much appreciated.

-Jon

Lot of us have been there with having to "buy it now". You got what you got and that's better than not. Running a stock Saiga and building up funds to convert it is better than "someday I will get one". Also, you don't need to justify everything. Enjoy your new toy.

haha ya i know. Figure I'll just collect the parts I want and then convert after. I'm definitely doing the pistol grip asap though. I'm not a huge fan of the shotgun style grip even when hunting, although it does make it somewhat easier to carry. And trust me I'll enjoy it alright. This Saiga is the first of many to come. Then maybe I can really become a member here! ha. You be sure to enjoy your toys as well, you got a new one on the way and it's always good to have something to look forward, I'm just glad I don't have to wait the B.S. 14 days so I should be holdin' her on monday or tuesday

WOOOOOHHHH!! Just picked up my IZ 240 I am VERY happy with it other than where they got rid of the importers mark I'm pretty pissed about that ugly blemish they put on my new firearm but other than that I would've never known it had been test fired if it weren't for the tiny amount of black that came off the recoil spring when I took it out. The piston looks absolutely spotless! Wow, who would think that the russians at Izhmash care more about their customers receiving a clean rifle than a company like bushmaster! And the cost is half the price of there CHEAPEST rifle.

I am very impressed and will have pics up of it as well as it's accessories soon.

And if it was Atlantic who went and cleaned it after they received it then wow go them(now all they have to do is lower the price).